what should I expect to pay for an oil change?

fourseventeen

Guest badbobs95

No Bull!! All you have to do is ask for the $45.00 syn special and I get it every time. Maybe it's because I'm do freaking cute. I think that's what it is!:banannarainbow:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• 1EVLC7

• TheCMSH

• Two Fangs

No Bull!! All you have to do is ask for the $45.00 syn special and I get it every time. Maybe it's because I'm do freaking cute. I think that's what it is!:banannarainbow:

C6 Z06 MY06-08 require 8 quarts.

MY09 to current uses 10 quarts.

Most oil change places limit their oil change specials to 5 quarts or less.

fourseventeen

yup id bet Vic is right....that price is limited to 5 quarts. so add 3 more qts...25.00...still not a bad deal. Think I may just say screw it and do it myself. :thumbs I already have the oil and filter so maybe tomorrow ill get some down time and just do it.

No Bull!! All you have to do is ask for the $45.00 syn special

"syn special" probably a "syn blend"

:withstupid

fourseventeen

yup gonna go ahead and do it. I change the oil on all my vehicles in the past...just never played with this dry sump system before...guess its time to learn lol. Ed...still gonna come bug ya for the tail lights, hopefully before Laughlin. Think your dude can turn them around next day?

Guest LOUDMIKE

Its funny as I am by no means giving you a hard time but two pages later of posts and back to doing it yourself. Listen to Sidewinder as he is the expert on oil. And be careful on oil filters. I have seen tiny grocery getters get fried (blow an engine) because of crappy filters. ROCK ON AND DO IT YOURSELFERS RULE!!!

fourseventeen

I have seen tiny grocery getters get friend because of crappy filters.

HUH!? lol.

Anyway I didnt know what "platinum oil" is...this is what sidewinder mentioned. I picked up the mobile one oil and filter..since thats the oil used from the factory im sure it will due for this oil change =D

Bro sometimes I wonder about you. Really, you needed to pages of people jibber jabben just so that you can feel better with what you were going to do in the first place! You crack me up.... Mobile one aint what it used to be plain and simple. That is why the price has come down a lot. You get what you pay for in oil just like you would in tires! Still luv ya man keep it real...Now go change that oil WISHBONE OUT

Bro sometimes I wonder about you. Really, you needed to pages of people jibber jabben just so that you can feel better with what you were going to do in the first place! You crack me up....

Mobile one aint what it used to be plain and simple. That is why the price has come down a lot.

You get what you pay for in oil just like you would in tires!

Still luv ya man keep it real...Now go change that oil

WISHBONE OUT

:smilelol:smilelol:rockon2:

Royal Purple, Oops!:leaving

fourseventeen

Bro sometimes I wonder about you. Really, you needed to pages of people jibber jabben just so that you can feel better with what you were going to do in the first place!

Naw I really had no intentions of doing it myself. Talk to my neighbor tonight who is a service guy at Gateway (I think you know John) and he said he would do it for me if I brought it in so since they are 2 miles away I may just have him do it afterall lol. I am trying hard to confuse you guys :facepalm:

All this advice an no one actually gave any real advice..... Take back the filter get a GM one. Remove both oil drain plugs. And do an extended drain. Fill with 7.5 qt run till warm turn off wait 5 min then check level. Add oil thru the sump tank. DO NOT try to remove the fake oil cap under the red covers. Simple...

2007 Z06...what should I expect to pay to have the oil changed? And should I stick to the Mobile 1 syn?

I normally pay $70.00, if she is nude add $100.00......... :facepalm:

Ed...still gonna come bug ya for the tail lights, hopefully before Laughlin. Think your dude can turn them around next day?

2 Days tops

fourseventeen

Ed...still gonna come bug ya for the tail lights, hopefully before Laughlin. Think your dude can turn them around next day?

2 Days tops

Thanks Ed. Ill see if I can get them down there Monday if I can wing it.

Thanks Ed. Ill see if I can get them down there Monday if I can get out of bed before you close.

Fixed it for you Jay! :smilelol

Guest Sidewinder

All this advice an no one actually gave any real advice.....

Take back the filter get a GM one.

Great advice. They are the same filter made by Champion Labs (also makes K&N).

They both have the same nitrile seal, anti-drain back and bypass valve (steel spring loaded).

Sorry about the Penz Platinum mix up Jay. Mobil 1 should do you good until you change the oil again. Then you can switch if ya want.

That reminds me, I gotta change my oil before the "run to the river". :3gears:

fourseventeen

was debating to buy the K&N filter but then recalled seeing a post saying that Mobile 1's filter was good so I just bought that...hope thats ok? I was at 40% before I needed it changed but since I bought the car used I wanted to do it a bit early.