what should I expect to pay for an oil change?

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

2007 Z06...what should I expect to pay to have the oil changed? And should I stick to the Mobile 1 syn?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• 1EVLC7

• TheCMSH

• Two Fangs

I do my own, so it's cheap... and gets me in the garage and under a car! Costo's Mobil 1 and an oil filter from Checker. Costco has a coupon valid on Oct 14th thru Nov 7 for $9 off a six pack (limit 3 cases). ...but I only own a lowly stock C5. Besides, I thought you had more money than you knew what to do with? :lol

fourseventeen

shieettt I wish I had more money then I knew what to do with. Money is tight right now. I had booked my vacations earlier in the year or I wouldnt be goin anywhere this year except for laughlin lol. Guess I may have to renew my costco card lol. dumb question but how much oil do these Z06's need for a full oil change? lol.

Your 2007 is supposed to hold 8 quarts dry. Checking the oil level and ensuring the crankcase is properly filled can take some finesse. My advice is to do some reading over on the big forum, and cracking open the owner's manual can't hurt, either.

2007 Z06...what should I expect to pay to have the oil changed? And should I stick to the Mobile 1 syn?

PM Ed (BlewXU) he's done mine a couple times over at Coulter. You might be able to buy your own oil and take it to them, not sure about that though

PM Ed (BlewXU) he's done mine a couple times over at Coulter. You might be able to buy your own oil and take it to them, not sure about that though

...and you could have Ed's painter take a look at your tail lights.

I get the 2 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 at Walmart - - they are usually $22-26 per jug depending on whether on sale or not. I've had problems finding the right oil filter in Tucson so I go to the dealer and buy 3 or 4 at a time. So, my changes (do it myself) usually run about $50 with about 2 quarts left over per change. I change it every 3K - - yes I know it's overkill, but I run it very very hard road racing and open road racing. I pull the two plugs in the pan (yes, there are two), check for large pieces of metal on the magnetic plugs. Pull the oil filter. Put a new filter on after filling it with oil first and putting a little on the seal ring and button up the two plugs after cleaning them off. Then I put about 6.5 quarts in the dry sump (engine should have about 7 quarts total at this time with oil from filter), start it up and let it run for about 30 seconds. Then check it and add the last quart slowly checking it for full. You don't want to overfill the sump. 8 quarts is what it takes. What I meant was I buy two 5 quart jugs.....

Guest Sidewinder

Unfortunately you need to make two stops for an oil change to get the best deal (most of the time). Go to Pep Boys and grab a Purolator Pure One filter (Mobil 1 makes a decent filter too, Fram..... :down: ) and then hit up Wally World for the big jug of Pure Platinum with some single quarts to make up the difference. I can't remember if Wally World had Mobil 1 filter for a C6 Z. There are other great synthetic oils out there but none come in the big jug for a good price as does the Platinum. If you are going to buy single qts then get the above mentioned Castrol. :rockon2:

had to mention that didnt you Ted lol.

Ed where you at?

:howdy

Pick up your oil of choice and bring 'r by, a "Franklin" will get your tail lights done.

Unfortunately, Wal-Mart has the best deals on oil. It pains me to go in there though, lol. Grab a filter from AutoZone or the like and your oil of choice from wal-mart. These cars take 8.xx quarts I believe.. LOTS of oil, I was shocked the first time I had to change mine lol. Other than that, maybe find a dealer or a lube place in N. Scottsdale, I'm sure they've seen the cars before... I wouldn't just let anyone do it though, it's a bit different than a regular ol oil change.

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Engine Oil with Filter 6.0 LV8 Engine 5.5 qt 6.0 LV8 Engine Performance Package (Z51) 6.0 qt 7.0 L V8 Engine 8.0 qt

fourseventeen

8 quarts....ouch lol. Guess wally world is the way to go as I recall seeing the big jugs of mobile 1 on sale there the other day. Ed whens a good day/time and where you be?

8 quarts....ouch lol. Guess wally world is the way to go as I recall seeing the big jugs of mobile 1 on sale there the other day. Ed whens a good day/time and where you be?

PM sent

we're supposed to change the oil in these things ??? :eek

Ed hasn't cause he's waiting until he gets 3k miles on his :lol

8 quarts....ouch lol. Guess wally world is the way to go as I recall seeing the big jugs ......

:lol Well, I guess that's cheaper than going to a gentlemen's club, Jay. :boobies::rimshot:

fourseventeen

now that would be a rare site...me at a gentlemans club :smilelol You forget...these gals come and pay me and I dont have to leave the comfort of my own home :thumbs

Guest badbobs95

OK, I know I'm lazy but I take all of our cars to Sears Automotive on Southern by Superstition Springs mall and they do Mobil 1 synthedic for $45.00 including the filter and lube. LUBE, doesn't that word sound sexy? Can't beat that with an ugly stick. And they are very prompt if you make an appointment. Just a FYI :):banannarainbow:

fourseventeen

45.00 I WISH! lol. I just paid $62.00 for the oil and filter alone...not including any labor. 8 qts of mobile 1 @27.99 per 4 qt jug and 11.99 for a mobile 1 filter plus my 10% off at Pepboys.