• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• Marco

Top Posters In This Topic

fourseventeen

Busted out the little point and shoot to snap a couple before I went to Rock Bottom.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Need to get thte Corvette lettering back. It's too "solid."

yeah, we talked about that last night

fourseventeen

LOL yeah ill try and work on that for you Sean lol. I wanna make sure this paints going to stay put before I think about spending the coin to have lettering put back on them. Not sure how I can have that done either since I dont think a sticker would work so I assume they would need to be hand painted. in other words have a pin striper come out to my house and do them on the car. sounds expensive lol.

fourseventeen

Nope the Z06 the lettering is painted on. If it was raised like the C5 and C6 calipers I would have just cleaned the paint from the top of the raised letters.

Need to get thte Corvette lettering back. It's too "solid."

:agree

I think the fact that the caliper bolt heads and even the bleeder screw is painted just doesn't exhibit the detail I would like to see on my car.

But, if you are happy with it, that's all that matters. :thumbs

fourseventeen

So your saying you would have pulled all the bolts off to paint them huh? Guess your more anal then I am then. Even all the ones I have seen professionally powder coated the bolts were powder coated and not removed. The bleeders I masked the nipples and not the base and even that I didnt care about cause I plan to replace the stock bleeders with speed bleeders in a couple of weeks anyway.

You could always try and pinstripe the lettering back in if that's possible. Ed (Blew X U) knows one.

You could always try and pinstripe the lettering back in if that's possible. Ed (Blew X U) knows one.

you could also use your own script, just to be different...

So your saying you would have pulled all the bolts off to paint them huh? Guess your more anal then I am then. Even all the ones I have seen professionally powder coated the bolts were powder coated and not removed. The bleeders I masked the nipples and not the base and even that I didnt care about cause I plan to replace the stock bleeders with speed bleeders in a couple of weeks anyway.

Yeah, I would have disassembled them if I were going to do it. If I wanted mine to match my car's color, I would only be satisfied with something that looked like this.

Like I said, if you like it, then that's all that matters.

fourseventeen

i personally would rather have my bolts painted to match. BUT yeah I would have liked to have the corvette lettering still there. So if you were going to go through pulling the bolts out why not pull off the equalizing line on the opposite end of the bleeders too? ;) I actually emailed "thepowdercoater.com" and he never responded to my request for a quote to do my calipers.

$8? Wow, that seems like a deal. I wonder how long they would last with the heat generated by the brakes and then of course the AZ summer......

fourseventeen

lol kind of what I was wondering. I think ill wait a month or so to see if the paint holds up. If so ill have someone paint the lettering on by hand or try and find a powder coater that responds to messages and see what it will cost me to have them powder coated AO and have the lettering done

So if you were going to go through pulling the bolts out why not pull off the equalizing line on the opposite end of the bleeders too? ;)

Primarily because I would not really ever expect to take that line off.

I know I am going to be removing the allen head pin bolts and scratching them up when I replace the pads, and I know that I am going to more than likely use the bleeder screw possibly nicking the paint on it as well, but not really expecting to remove the cross over line, so let it stay the same color.

Cheers,

Parker

fourseventeen

gotcha. I found it easier personally to remove the 2 bolts and taking the caliper off to get the pads out. I heard that those 3 allen bolts strip out pretty easy?

Yeah, I use an impact driver and have not had any problems, but would not want to try and grab an autozone allen key or torx bit and a ratchet to try and spin those babies out. Taking off the caliper works fine, too; just not the way I do it. Always more than one way to skin a cat :) BTW, only two guide pin bolts on each front caliper, and one on each rear need to be removed.

fourseventeen

gotcha. yup always more then 1 way to do things ;)