CRAP! I cant get these damn wheels off WTF

fourseventeen

fourseventeen

I tried that from the back side of the wheel kicking out. SInce my wheels are custom painted I wont kick the face of the wheel regardless what I have covering them LOL.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fourseventeen

• Bigfoot

• jstrutt

• Marco

Top Posters In This Topic

How about 3 or 4 bolts through the spokes to a block on the rotor double nutted behind the spoke with a heavy duty washer and at the end of the bolt... turn the end double nut to push the back of the wheel away from the rotor? kind of like a wedge?

well you cant use a blow torch, but a heat gun can slowly warm up the parts w/o too much risk to the paint. .. and thoes parts routenely get very hot.

Did you put these on or did you take it somewhere? Just curious how easy they went on. Possibly missed drilled lug holes and the installer didn't notice as they installed the lugs.

I second the motion for kicking the face of the wheel. I used to work at Discount tire, and that trick always worked. Put slippers on and try kicking at the tire instead of the wheel with a doubled up towel over the kicking spots... I certainly wouldn't want to damage the wheel, but that should work. For whatever reason, that always worked better than schmacking it from the back. AND.... Once you get it off, file the hub a bit to make sure this doesn't happen again, or at the very least, put some anti-seize on it and the other hubs.

fourseventeen

got it off finally. a heavy sledge to the back with a 2x6 laying against the back of the wheel. About 15 mins of smacking and rotating it eventually got loose, I then just starting tugging it from the front and spinning it an inch or 2 and kept doing that till it POPPED off! I put the wheels on when they arrived and went on without an issue. Noticed a small amount of metal shavings inside the wheel hub...you can tell that once I tightened the lugs initially it pulled on onto the hub and shaved some metal off along the way so thats what the hold up was. Now off to go strip and paint the last caliper! Should be done by 1am whoo hoo!

got it off finally. a heavy sledge to the back with a 2x6 laying against the back of the wheel. About 15 mins of smacking and rotating it eventually got loose, I then just starting tugging it from the front and spinning it an inch or 2 and kept doing that till it POPPED off! I put the wheels on when they arrived and went on without an issue. Noticed a small amount of metal shavings inside the wheel hub...you can tell that once I tightened the lugs initially it pulled on onto the hub and shaved some metal off along the way so thats what the hold up was. Now off to go strip and paint the last caliper! Should be done by 1am whoo hoo!

And something like that is what I was leaning towards.

fourseventeen

yup pretty F'd up. Guess the hub on the wheel were milled a little to tight. the other 3 were fine. They were tight but no hassle getting them to come off. Got the first coat of primer on the last caliper. gonna let that dry and then get a base of AO started. 3 coats of AO and 3 coats of clear and im done. Figure painting will be done in 45 mins or so...let that dry enough to mount the caliper and put the wheel back on then let the whole thing sit over night to finish drying. see what happens when you fuggers give me a hard time...I end up staying in the garage for 6 hours and spending $90.00 to paint damn calipers!

Pictures ..... you can't leave us hanging without pictures dammit!

Glad you finally got it off. :lol:lol Are your fingers orange?

Do your fingers turn orange when you get it off? Can you remember that long ago?

fourseventeen

Man you guys are killin me! LOL. I dont need to post no darn pictures...you fugggers will see it tonight at the meeting spot ;)

Man you guys are killin me! LOL. I dont need to post no darn pictures...you fugggers will see it tonight at the meeting spot ;)

WRONG!!! You need to post pics...some of us can't be there. :toetap

WRONG!!! You need to post pics...some of us can't be there. :toetap

:agree

fourseventeen

If you cant be there then you suck! Ill snap a few pix before I go to meet people at the spot tonight or maybe just snap some there.

fourseventeen

OK ill post some when I get home from Rock Bottom later.

If you cant be there then you suck! Ill snap a few pix before I go to meet people at the spot tonight or maybe just snap some there.

Oh come on, we got free tickets to the baseball game. :toetap

MAYBE YOU SHOULD SLOW DOWN ON YOUR MODS. seems like you had problems with your exhaust too.

fourseventeen

I always have problems lol. Weird that all my problems seem to be removing parts and not putting them on lol.