NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning Ă—

Name the Phoenix Landmark

Eddie44

It was at Central and Indian School Rd just south.

The S/W corner of Central and Indian School had a Der Weinerschnitzel. The only fast-food place I ever worked. . .

Correction, SE corner was DW. I ate lunch there enough in HS that I wouldn't forget. NE was Indian School and NW was empty lot with a billboard. Just north of IS on the westside was Carnation. Just north of that was Shakey's Pizza.

It was at Central and Indian School Rd just south.

What was the amusement ride next to it?

Can't place an amusement ride but I'll probably remember when you post it.

The super slide,

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• j123

• Chameleon

• Dvl4evr

Top Posters In This Topic

I vaguely remember that but I was in HS so I probably thought I was too cool to actually care about it. :lol

The S/W corner of Central and Indian School had a Der Weinerschnitzel. The only fast-food place I ever worked. . .

My first job was at a Der Weinerschnitzel, rolled a lot of hot dogs there... Only it was in El Paso.

A lot so far has been central Phoenix. What about eastsiders? Who knows where the original Mesa Community College was located & what it's called now?

Lost me when it got east of Phx/Tempe border.

Lost me when it got east of Phx/Tempe border.

Me too. Back then, anything east of Scottsdale road was another country. :P

I was born & raised in the East Valley & the locations you guys are talking about is LA for me.

My family moved to Mesa in 1947. At first we lived in an RV park on Main St at Alma School road. There was a small airstrip at the NW quad that had a silver Aircoupe plane on it. I was in the first grade. There was a lot of empty area between Mesa and Tempe.

My family moved to Mesa in 1947. At first we lived in an RV park on Main St at Alma School road. There was a small airstrip at the NW quad that had a silver Aircoupe plane on it. I was in the first grade. There was a lot of empty area between Mesa and Tempe.

You were right down the street from the first Mesa Community College. It's located on the southwest corner of Main & Extension. It's currently called The Landmark Restaurant.

We've been to the Landmark but I didn't know that was the first MCC. Anyone remember the trail that lead from the Biltmore Hotel under what is now Lincoln Dr and up into Squaw Peak? It had a special name. What was it called? In HS we used to go up there to party until the security guards chased us off.

We've been to the Landmark but I didn't know that was the first MCC.

Anyone remember the trail that lead from the Biltmore Hotel under what is now Lincoln Dr and up into Squaw Peak? It had a special name. What was it called?

In HS we used to go up there to party until the security guards chased us off.

Who led you on the trail, Lewis & Clark :lol

The bat cave?

Anyone remember the trail that lead from the Biltmore Hotel under what is now Lincoln Dr and up into Squaw Peak? It had a special name. What was it called?

The bat cave?

The "Pink Sidewalk"

It was an actual cement sidewalk that went up into the Squaw Peak area from the Biltmore. They used it to do western bbq's for the tourists. We used it to party.

Okay, we have some hockey fans here. Who were the minor league hockey team in Phx in the 70's and where did they play?

The bat cave?

The "Pink Sidewalk"

It was an actual cement sidewalk that went up into the Squaw Peak area from the Biltmore. They used it to do western bbq's for the tourists. We used it to party.

Okay, we have some hockey fans here. Who were the minor league hockey team in Phx in the 70's and where did they play?

Roadrunners and the Madhouse on McDowel

How about the restaurant that was on the NE corner of Central and Thomas. Hint: they had carhops. If you cruised Central this one should be easy!

How about the restaurant that was on the NE corner of Central and Thomas. Hint: they had carhops. If you cruised Central this one should be easy!

Just saw a show on cable last week about the original one, your right is is an easy one I'll let someone else have a shot at it.

Just saw a show on cable last week about the original one, your right is is an easy one I'll let someone else have a shot at it.

How about the traveling softball team of local celebrities’(in the mid to late 60's)