NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Name the Phoenix Landmark

Eddie44

Drive-in theatres are gaining propularity. Can anyone name the Drive-In that used to be located on the NE corner of 7th St and Missouri.? Hint you'd have to have been in Phx about 1975 or earlier to remember this one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• j123

• Chameleon

• Dvl4evr

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive-in theatres are gaining propularity. Can anyone name the Drive-In that used to be located on the NE corner of 7th St and Missouri.?

Hint you'd have to have been in Phx about 1975 or earlier to remember this one.

Cinema Park Drive-in

Drive-in theatres are gaining propularity. Can anyone name the Drive-In that used to be located on the NE corner of 7th St and Missouri.?

Cinema Park Drive-in

How about the one at 43rd and Indian School?

Cinema Park Drive-in

How about the one at 43rd and Indian School?

Big Sky

Phoenix had it's own amusement park at one time. It was located out in the Papago Park area. SRP now has offices on the property. What was this attraction called?

Phoenix had it's own amusement park at one time. It was located out in the Papago Park area. SRP now has offices on the property.

What was this attraction called?

That one is easy

Legend City

Phoenix had it's own amusement park at one time. It was located out in the Papago Park area. SRP now has offices on the property.

What was this attraction called?

That one is easy

Legend City

Back to Drive in's?

35th ave & Van Buren

A two parter..... The opening scene in the movie "Psycho" was shot from a landmark building in downtown Phoenix and showed another building that was just north of it and had a revolving sign on top. Name both buildings.

A two parter.....

The opening scene in the movie "Psycho" was shot from a landmark building in downtown Phoenix and showed another building that was just north of it and had a revolving sign on top. Name both buildings.

I remember the Westward Ho for the first part, you've got me on the revolving sign. Did the Chevy dealeship at 7th ave and Grand have one?

Wrong on both parts. I think the Westward Ho was in the pan they did but it wasn't where it was shot from.

Wrong on both parts. I think the Westward Ho was in the pan they did but it wasn't where it was shot from.

How about the old building at Central & Jefferson (Phoenix PD museum), was in it.

How about the old building at Central & Jefferson (Phoenix PD museum), was in it.

Barrister Place? Very Close......

It was the Luhrs building and they showed the Valley Bank Building that was just north of Van Buren on Central. The Valley Bank Building is now part of the new ASU Downtown.

I don't know if I mistakenly deleted your last one. I'm guessing but how about the Pioneer Drive-In?

Barrister Place? Very Close......

It was the Luhrs building and they showed the Valley Bank Building that was just north of Van Buren on Central. The Valley Bank Building is now part of the new ASU Downtown.

Here's one for Ed but anyone can answer it.

What was the original location of Coulter Cadillac and what was originally on the current location of Coulter?

Soon as you said Valley Bank I could picture it from the cruisen central days (nights).

Wasn't Coulter between Van Buren & Fillmore on Central.

Sorry, I had a problem posting the Coulter question and had to delete it. Correct! What was originally on Coulter's current location?

Sorry, I had a problem posting the Coulter question and had to delete it.

Correct!

What was originally on Coulter's current location?

While were down on south central area do you know the name of the oldest still standing Phoenix residence?

The Duppa House. Duppa Villa Housing Projects were named after the owner/builder. It's adobe and I think it's south of the tracks and just off Central if I remember correctly.

The Duppa House. Duppa Villa Housing Projects were named after the owner/builder. It's adobe and I think it's south of the tracks and just off Central if I remember correctly.

Correct

1st ave just south of Grant.

Well 4 am comes early, I'm out of here.

Thanks this was fun.

An easy one..... indoor theatre located on N. Central just south of Thomas Rd. Unusual for the period because it was all on one floor.

An easy one..... indoor theatre located on N. Central just south of Thomas Rd. Unusual for the period because it was all on one floor.

Palms (as in Palm lane)

Good Night! We'll have to continue this in person sometime.