Mentoring new members

Desertdawg

Cheap Tshirts? For new members, with ACE logos and name tags? :)

Posted Image

:loser::wave2:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• wickedfastvette

• Wishbone

Desertdawg

I thought it was funny thecahd, Sean is just a grumpy fart sometimes!

Dawg and Bogfoot - I applaud the fact that you don't want a "real club" to happen - what ACE has going works and will always work. JUst that as it gets bigger, it will become more of a "chore" - but that's okay. This type of club is what I belonged to for many years in Vegas. Although smaller than ACE in members - it was still more enjoyable than the formal club settings. So - don't change that. Sounds like the start of something good is happening when it comes to the newbies - and that's good. I apologize if I opened a "can of worms" but if it will help ACE and the new members and future new members making it a success - then it was worth it. See you down the road at one of the funcitons . . . looking forward to it.

Ok, talked to lots of folks at lunch today to try and make sure as many felt welcome as possible. Granted, some of them were not newbs, but some were. Lets see there was: Victor Tom and another Tom Mike and another Mike Adam Curt Ron Chris Cale very briefly Barb...but she told me not ot order people around :lol Jim Ryan Marco (knuckle head) :lol Lisa theChad Dave Dwayne Andrew Melissa Eddie Donna Michael (well, waved at him anyway) Sherry and hubby (nice curb check by the way) Plus probably a couple others that my brain can't remember right now. :lol Hope all had fun. :thumbs

Ok, talked to lots of folks at lunch today to try and make sure as many felt welcome as possible. Granted, some of them were not newbs, but some were.

Lets see there was:

Victor

Tom

and another Tom

Mike

and another Mike

Adam

Curt

Ron

Chris

Cale very briefly

Barb...but she told me not ot order people around :lol

Jim

Ryan

Marco (knuckle head) :lol

Lisa

theChad

Dave

Dwayne

Andrew

Melissa

Eddie

Donna

Michael (well, waved at him anyway)

Sherry and hubby (nice curb check by the way)

Plus probably a couple others that my brain can't remember right now. :lol

Hope all had fun. :thumbs

Phill's Vette

On the topic of new members, how about we get more of you adding your personalized welcome to the Welcome To ACE posts??? :wtf:

This would be a good start in Mentoring new members.

wickedfastvette

On the topic of new members, how about we get more of you adding your personalized welcome to the Welcome To ACE posts??? :wtf:

:agree

wickedfastvette

:agree

When I first logged in here, it was a little hard, and I am at fault also for not being active to welcome peeps as I should be. I remember watching everyone's response with the WELCOME. Warm fuzzy feeling! But the first event was akword, like everyone was with their own group. I'm a butterfly, like to meet and into myself to get to know people. I love this group for all the help they provide and once you get to know people, it's really COOL. We get busy, as do alot of other's too, but this is a very special group of people, lot's of knowledge and extrmely helpful. If your shy, well, we just better get ya talkn then. :partydance:

Sherry and hubby (nice curb check by the way)

Ok, now I gotta keep you quite, next beer is my buy! :toetap:facepalm::drinkers

Desertdawg

Hey Sean, check out Sherry's new tag line! :lol I think this thread helped, I'm sure everyone will take that extra minute to say hi to the new members during an event. Remember we were all newbies once and if you can help another new member feel welcome then your just being a good ACE member!

Desertdawg

There was only no votes because you didn't vote for yourself... toetap

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any reason I cannot post a Photo for Avatar? seems everyway I try I am told that pic is too big!! over 150 pixels..but that I find hard to believe when I see animation..is it there a grace period? let me know so I can keep from thinking its all my fault..ty Marty

Desertdawg

Send it to me and I'll look to see if it's the picture or your account. admin@arizonavette.net

Desertdawg

See, this is a great example of mentoring, apparently Lisa and Marco know Marty so it would be perfect to get in touch with him to see where he needs help with the forum and to make sure they bring him along on the next event to introduce Marty to everyone! I'm not saying Lisa and Marco are the only ones that could help, anyone can step up to get a new member up to speed on how the forum works and event introductions.....

See, this is a great example of mentoring, apparently Lisa and Marco know Marty so it would be perfect to get in touch with him to see where he needs help with the forum and to make sure they bring him along on the next event to introduce Marty to everyone!

I'm not saying Lisa and Marco are the only ones that could help, anyone can step up to get a new member up to speed on how the forum works and event introductions.....

See, this is a great example of mentoring, apparently Lisa and Marco know Marty so it would be perfect to get in touch with him to see where he needs help with the forum and to make sure they bring him along on the next event to introduce Marty to everyone!

I'm not saying Lisa and Marco are the only ones that could help, anyone can step up to get a new member up to speed on how the forum works and event introductions.....

Yup, I just noticed otherwise Lisa would have been right on it, she's always helping our friends with the computer stuff....I'll tell her in the morning.

Everyday we get someone new signing up here on ACE, and everyday most of them don't reply!

Well as Robert (wishbone) put it, we should have some sort of mentoring program here. I think it's a great idea but it's up to the rest of you to help out. All you have to do is pick a new member and try to contact them, PM's phone calls, whatever it takes to get in touch with them will do. Find out if they need help posting on the forum or using any of the forum functions like adding a sig pic or whatever. Maybe meet them for a quick lunch or a brewski and drag them along to the next Saturday lunch to introduce them to the rest of us....

It's got to be better than what we have now because it sucks having all of these new members sign up only to never post and get to know ACE!

Any suggestions?