Fastest vette?

ELESWUN

Street.

Every day driver.

Anybody can build a fast, track only, non sreet legal, single digit, quarter mile warrior. That's great. And it's fun. But it doesn't mean as much to the guy or gal (like us on the forum) who has spent the time, resources, money, and balls to launch a 9 or low 10 second street legal machine off the "starting line" at any of a thousand stop lights in this valley. Even more is the guy who can run that quick, drive it ANY day of the week come rain or shine, and still blow clean emissions out the tail pipe. Sure, there's plenty of people out there with exempt tags; that's easy. Throw the blank, signed checks my way and I'll get you into the single digits, guaranteed! Given enough cash and I can do just about anything. Just don't take it out of context and mistake a race car for a driveable street car.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• ELESWUN

• Togo

• Eddie44

my car passes emissions... and gets driven daily. I work from home so the miles stay down, but hey.... I'll line them up against any street car...

my car passes emissions... and gets driven daily. I work from home so the miles stay down, but hey.... I'll line them up against any street car...

That's exactly what I consider "sreet". Nice equipment you have there.

I put 40-50 miles a day on mine, so it's 100% street, but my mods are few and far between right now, so I'm not even in the "fastest street car" category. Just your average, run-of-the-mill, daily driven Z06.

Phoenix FRC
Are we talking fastest or quickest? And I am trying to stir it up  :devil

You will all have to see what is going in the car next week :devil:devil:devil

Hopefully a convertable top to fit your head :D

Just kidding glenn! Im actually happy that your car is running correctly now :)

If you dont care about racing, as I am sure that some ACE members do not, then me running 10's is not that big of a deal.... It is truely comments like Mikes that makes me want to leave this group. I know you said that you are just playing, but you know with every rub there is a little truth.... And to be honest Mike, You really dont know me that well. Why can you just be happy for me and all the efforts that I have put in... The 6+ years of Friday Night Drags... the thousands of dollars I have spent to get here.

You know Mike... you of all people, as someone who races, should recognize this accomplishment. But hey..... when you get there.... I will offer congrats to you....

To all who care.. I will be going back to Firebird this friday.

I'm not sure where that came from but lighten up.. I think he really meant it.

Those little pokes as you call them, you earned them so congratulations! really.. and your in the middle of everyone's sights until your the second fastest Vette in AZ. Sorry, I meant streetable Vette....

Right now I think I'm the Fastest Late model Pontiac Grand Prix, might not be much to you, I can't prove it 100% but I do have timeslips and Video to prove what I have accomplished.

That being said, I am in the middle of the sights of all of the domestic GM front wheel drive cars in AZ, Oregon and Washington because I've got them all beat too. I know there is some faster cars in Cali but so what, I don't really care because it serves me as my hobby.

I get those comments, and they are meant in fun of course and it damn sure doesn't bother me, actually, I believe I earned that right.

That's what makes us racers in the first place.

When the weather cools down... October... I'll go out there and break my own records and I hope to go to the track and watch you do the same.

That's all, not much said but its real so I hope you can appreciate it.

Now if only my Vette was fast, :lol

I love to race...problem is - there is always a faster car out there. :cool

BTW Glen :thumbs nice run!

How about a red farmtruck? :yesnod

sure.. let me know when... I have been at firebird (the NHRA's fastest slip and slide) for the past few weeks... Let me know... Its getting more dialed in every week.

I have the FASTEST Covette in Arizona. It even says so!! :lol

:eek good lord - who's that pointing at your license plate? :cone

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I dont care if that car runs 14s... as long as she says its the fastest, you have my vote ;) :D

I dont care if that car runs 14s... as long as she says its the fastest, you have my vote ;) :D

:withstupid But I can't wait for Glenn to chime in! :lol:lol

no argument here... :agree:howdy

Didnt even notice the girl.....

Here is what I notice first...

1. Timeslips

2. Car

3. Girl with Car

4. Girl alone..

I only got to #2 so far.. :D

Didnt even notice the girl.....

Here is what I notice first...

1. Timeslips

2. Car