Fastest vette?

ELESWUN

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Glenn ran 10.780 tonight @130+. Turbos in, but no nitrous yet... don't now what it will be once the N2O is on there :banghead

looks like I might have a reason to go back to speedworld with some race tires on :D

Race Tires??? I did it on drag radials :D ......

Same ones I drove that I drove to the track on. :burnout

Guess this means that I have the fastest corvette in AZ.... At least a Daily driven one....

I will borrow Steves drags and go next week if the car doesnt sell :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• ELESWUN

• Togo

• Eddie44

Guess this means that I have the fastest corvette in AZ.... At least a Daily driven one....

??? It does?

who has a faster one?

Eddie.. Im really not trying to start trouble... Just presenting the facts.

As of today... I have the fastest street driven Vette in AZ.

I ask someone to find a faster time so I can be disproven.

10.78 on radial tires is no small feet....

I plan on going to speedworld today to beat that time.

I welcome all to come and join.

Guest UVETTYA

You guys should go when there's an event going on and the pro's are running. You won't get as many runs in but they prep the track better. Friday nights is ricer night and they usually only prep the first 60 ft. Then you have ricer after ricer driving through the water box with their 79 HP front wheel drive Hondas leaving water on the track.

VHT doesn't work that well below about 60 degrees... turns to snot. I got my best 60ft time on a Saturday night (1.79) during an event and temps were in the 70's. I was running drag radials and a 4200 rpm launch was almost a dead hook.

Hey, by the way, who has the fastest bone stock Vette in Arizona? I ran a 12.09 @114 with drag radials and a blackwing. Does that count for anything? If I added a few bolt on's most of you would be in trouble. :leaving

Steve

Guest UVETTYA

You're right about that $hit Glenn. A street legal 10 second car is amazing. With a little practice I'll bet you shave off a few more tenths.

Good luck at Speedworld. Too many irons in the fire today for me to make it out there. Dangit. I'd like to see you run.

BTW, I can host your video on Phanfare of it's not over 20 meg. Even if it is, maybe I can edit down to that size. I have Cox, so you can send it to me in an email if you want to.

Steve

Thanks for the offer to host... I will take you up on it if Cox ever shuts me down... LOL.... .Today at speedworld should be interesting... The Scottsdale Exotic car club is going to be out there.... All the cars run 10's..... TT Porsche 911, Supras, Vipers, etc....

Guest UVETTYA
Thanks for the offer to host... I will take you up on it if Cox ever shuts me down... LOL.... .Today at speedworld should be interesting... The Scottsdale Exotic car club is going to be out there.... All the cars run 10's..... TT Porsche 911, Supras, Vipers, etc....

DANGIT!

Anyone want to take Marylou for a cruise so I can go to Speedworld? :smilelol

Hey, don't anybody tell her I said that!! :hunter

Steve

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Eddie.. Im really not trying to start trouble... Just presenting the facts.

As of today... I have the fastest street driven Vette in AZ.

I ask someone to find a faster time so I can be disproven.

the only reason I typically dont waste my time at the track is because my first pass out is going to be better then 11.5 and I dont have a cage...

Guest 1FASTC4
who has a faster one?

I dunno.... but neither do you. Maybe me, maybe Joe Schmoe in Palookaville.

. Just presenting the facts. As of today... I have the fastest street driven Vette in AZ.

You have no way of knowing this. Until you've seen the ET's of every street driven vette in AZ, there is no way your claim is "fact". You simply don't know. You may very well have the fastest vette that you are aware of, but to claim that you have the fastest as "fact" is well.. not true. It's supposition, conjecture, maybe even most likely... but it's not fact.

IMHO, this is no small feat on even the best of tires. wtg. I'd love to see the vid, exciting stuff.

edit: I think you may be misunderstanding my point and I don't want you to get rankled. I'm not saying you don't have the fastest street vette in AZ. in fact, AFAIK, you are the fastest. I hope you are, the only thing cooler than knowing the guy w/ the fastest vette would be being the guy with the fastest vette. My point is, and only is: that there may be someone out there we don't know about that's faster.

Well with there only being 3 tracks in Arizona and I know members that attend all 3.

I have NEVER seen a street drive corvette of any year beat 10.78 at speedworld or Firebird..

I have checked with many sources about the corvette times in Tuscan, and again. No one has a better time. I challenge you to find a better time in a street corvette.

Even if Joe Schmoe in Palookaville does have a faster vette... He doesnt race it, and doesnt have a timeslip..... so its pretty much a moot point.....

Well, I haven't been to Palookaville for a while but when I get out there, I'll look for Joe.

tell him to bring a timeslip..... :D

Are we talking fastest or quickest? And I am trying to stir it up :devil

Actually both I suppose...

ET is quick.... MPH is fast...

Have you seen anyone beat either time or MPH....

You will all have to see what is going in the car next week :devil:devil:devil

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Are we talking fastest or quickest? And I am trying to stir it up  :devil

Hopefully a convertable top to fit your head :D

Just kidding glenn! Im actually happy that your car is running correctly now :)

You will all have to see what is going in the car next week  :devil  :devil  :devil

:rolf:rolf

If you dont care about racing, as I am sure that some ACE members do not, then me running 10's is not that big of a deal.... It is truely comments like Mikes that makes me want to leave this group. I know you said that you are just playing, but you know with every rub there is a little truth.... And to be honest Mike, You really dont know me that well. Why can you just be happy for me and all the efforts that I have put in... The 6+ years of Friday Night Drags... the thousands of dollars I have spent to get here.

You know Mike... you of all people, as someone who races, should recognize this accomplishment. But hey..... when you get there.... I will offer congrats to you....

To all who care.. I will be going back to Firebird this friday.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

If you dont care about racing, as I am sure that some ACE members do not, then me running 10's is not that big of a deal.... It is truely comments like Mikes that makes me want to leave this group. I know you said that you are just playing, but you know with every rub there is a little truth.... And to be honest Mike, You really dont know me that well. Why can you just be happy for me and all the efforts that I have put in... The 6+ years of Friday Night Drags... the thousands of dollars I have spent to get here.

You know Mike... you of all people, as someone who races, should recognize this accomplishment. But hey..... when you get there.... I will offer congrats to you....

To all who care.. I will be going back to Firebird this friday.

Actually, if you like, you may go ask Chad on my exact reply to when I heard you ran 10s... good work and its about time someone did. We just dont get into the drag racing crowd enough to care whos the fastest and if you cant take a little poke here and there, then dont dish it out in your other posts.

Congrats on the run and good luck to many more

Glenn, I consider you a friend and may not know you as well as some folks here but you need to take a look at yourself here bud! You're taking this shit way too serious and you're not making any friends. I know you'll say you don't care but great accomplishments like yours aren't any fun if you have to celebrate them alone. I can't speak for the ACE group but I don't think anyone would take anything away from the accomplishment and no one means any hate or disrespect by an occassional laugh, even if it's at your expense. You can hate me for my comments, you can bad mouth me and yeah, you can even laugh at me and 90% chance I'll laugh with you. I just ask you to lighten up and enjoy what you've done! I've said my piece and I'll STFU now. :leaving

Guest XLR8TNC5

It's all good. But dang it, I need a ride in these damn 10 sec cars. I mean mine is just a lowly ole "11" second car, so I need to get some motivation again.

lol.

Take it easy guys, stay safe and even though we all know you have the fastest freaking cars, be nice to the rest of us working on getting ours "THERE." :P

Tanya

• 3 months later...
nebakanezer

The Fastest Corvette in Arizona!

Street or Strip?

Everyday Folks or Hot Rodders...

IMHO: Jim Knight's 63

PCSA: Hughes Pro Street