• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• ELESWUN

• Togo

• Eddie44

I don't think there is a definitive answer to that question. Are we talking on paper? HP/torgue or track proven? Driver enters into the equation when we talk actual track experience. I've seen some high HP cars that can't get traction and get beat by someone with lower HP that manages to hook up.

There are two or three on this Forum that would compete for the honors. I think on any given day any of them might beat the others.

3,503 lbs of trouble

I'm not sure how you'd answer such a question, but if I had to guess, the fastest Vette in AZ is probably a non street legal dedicated drag or track car owned by someone we probably don't even know, and are you talking "quick", as in 1/4 mile acceleration, or "fast" as in top end.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Im talking 1/4 mile. Also a C5. I know Mike has gone 11.3 but has anyone gone quicker?

yes

3,503 lbs of trouble
do you know who and how fast?

I think there are a few 10 sec cars out there, but I'm not sure who. Kingpin maybe?

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I think Stacey is the fastest in AZ with an 11.0... I could be wrong but I just havent seen any go faster. I know his old setup went 9s in texas but not sure if he ran that here or not

If it was top speed, Tanya has a great dash shot of triple digits she took herself, while driving... :eek

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yeah, those pics are in this website somewhere. One at 135mph I took myself. The other is 172mph and it was Mark who took that pic. But it didn't turn out (fuzzy) and we ended up getting one of 160mph. lol.

I know, Mike, Gordon, Glenn, and I are all in the 11's. And Mike's friend Stacey with the 11.0 flat. (LUCKY GUY!!!) But I agree with Eddie, there are probably some faster cars out there who just aren't "hooking" up to get the traction they need for the 1/4. Because I have seen them on the street and and they GOOOOOOOOO!

I would love to see the fastest "STREETABLE" C5 run and I would love to talk to the person who owns that car. But again, I have no idea who it would be, BUT THEY ARE ONE LUCKY SON OF A GUN! :eek

Take it easy everyone,

T

Well, just got back from the track. Got a new best. Results are.....

11.24 @ 124 on the 100 shot. Came out good with a 1.65 60ft. I was suprised it hooked that good on a friday night. Was told to go back through tech, but was told by a few people to just run again and get kicked out. Threw the 150 pills in but forgot to change the settings on the nitrous controller. I needed to drop the start precentage. Came out VERY sideways, stayed in it anyways and ended up with an 11.57 @ 126.5. Then I was told to go home. Time for a cage :devil

Well, just got back from the track. Got a new best. Results are.....

11.24 @ 124 on the 100 shot. Came out good with a 1.65 60ft. I was suprised it hooked that good on a friday night. Was told to go back through tech, but was told by a few people to just run again and get kicked out. Threw the 150 pills in but forgot to change the settings on the nitrous controller. I needed to drop the start precentage. Came out VERY sideways, stayed in it anyways and ended up with an 11.57 @ 126.5. Then I was told to go home. Time for a cage :devil

That's fast but not even close to Stacy. I think i've seen Stacy hit 10's @ 13X mph in Tucson. I wanna even say he traped somwhere in the 140's. I think he was hittling 110-113+ in the 1/8!!!! I pretty sure it was a 10 second run. It was a long time ago. Still, you ran a good time! Nice 60ft! As far as top speed goes, i've been 180mph but i don't have pictures to prove it. I hit 176mph last week on the way home lol. PM me your N2O set up? I was looking at getting a new cam but you can't beat the best bang for the buck out there!

Tony

I know of a pretty fast daily driver. The owner of Xtreme has a Z06 with a 427tt that probably runs 10s (maybe?) and thats a daily driver everyday car. I don't know for sure but maybe Chad at Xtreme could chime in. Joe.

I actually just remembered that Daryll at Xtreme has the (probably) quickest vette in AZ. Its a daily driver (he drives it back & forth to work everyday, rain or shine). He ran a 10.88 @ 123.6 mph. Its naturally aspirated with an auto trans., drag radials, & no NOS. Xtreme did all the work. Joe

Guest XLR8TNC5
I actually just remembered that Daryll at Xtreme has the (probably) quickest vette in AZ. Its a daily driver (he drives it back & forth to work everyday, rain or shine). He ran a 10.88 @ 123.6 mph. Its naturally aspirated with an auto trans., drag radials, & no NOS. Xtreme did all the work.  Joe

:eek:eek OH YESSSS! That means there is hope for me yet!!! I would love to have a 10 sec "ALL MOTOR" car! YEAHHHHH! Now I have an aspiration again....

What motor was that on?

Congrats ELESWUN on your new best. That kicks some serious ass and you should be VERY proud of that. Great 60' as well! Keep it up.

T

Guest 1FASTC4

Don't have one to be honest. I went for a couple of runs the other day for the first time but had to get out of it at about 130 on the first run... one corner of the cowl, passenger side by the windshield, started to lift up and it looked like the whole thing would go.

Dang thing is kind of pricey so I braked hard heheh. That's racing I'm told... so many things can go wrong. When I had the thing put on I asked it to be mounted to stand 200 MPH so that I'd not have to worry about it...... denied!

Still, I'd like to race the fastest vette one of these days. :)

Guest 1FASTC4

almost... need to get the nitrous and the controller down. Was fiddling with it and didn't really get it right.. more user noobness than anything else.

can't wait to see it!

i had NO motivation to finish - oh heck, i never even started my 85 stroker - i just threw in the towel and sold it!

just wish i could sell the 383 short block now.