• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Bigfoot

• TheCMSH

• Ted Y

Took it for a long drive yesterday and today. The only time I get the Active Handling message is when the cruise is on. Drove it without the cruise and never did get the message during that time. ?????

I know there are some funky things that can happen with the turn signal/cruise control assembly and also some issues that can be caused by the hazard switch. All the circuitry would be interconnected so maybe a short in one of those. Go over to CF or Corvettemechanic.com an post it up, I'm sure someone has had the same issue besides you.

Took it for a long drive yesterday and today. The only time I get the Active Handling message is when the cruise is on. Drove it without the cruise and never did get the message during that time. ?????

That's why I asked the question. I think Jim may be on to something. You may have a faulty "multiposition" switch.

John, this just got posted on the big forum, you are not alone......

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/24...e-no-codes.html

Not a solution but I'm sure the big boys will chime in on the topic

Thanks, I'm running way behind as my oldest got married on the weekend and the car is getting it's Federal and Provincial safety inspections. Plus today they cut a 65 foot tree in my backyard down and the shinglers are driving me fin crazy. :willy:willy:lol:lol:lol

Took IT GOES for it's Federal and Provincial inspections. I read on CF that tires and wheel alignment will cause a no code Active Handling message. Needless to say, the front tires did not pass the inspection as they were worn due to poor alignment. So new tires ordered and then an alignment and we'll see if that cures the problem. I'll keep you posted.

:lurk:

and................. :thumbs

When I go back to Chad's post about tires and the posts on CF it sorta makes sense but we'll see. For now IT GOES is Chaded :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Damn, this is getting complicated. If it’s not one thing then it’s another, if it’s not that then try this and so on and so on. From the ECBM, the steering wheel position sensor, bad grounds, loose wires, wheel sensors, and little green men from mars. Which actually I’m leaning towards the little green men from mars as the problem, they are really sneaky. Reading all the posts on the CF and talking with other C5 owners this seems to be a pretty big problem one of those it you haven’t had it you will. Maybe it’s something that GM should be addressed. I know that may be asking way too much of GM; just a though.

Damn, this is getting complicated. If it’s not one thing then it’s another, if it’s not that then try this and so on and so on. From the ECBM, the steering wheel position sensor, bad grounds, loose wires, wheel sensors, and little green men from mars. Which actually I’m leaning towards the little green men from mars as the problem, they are really sneaky. Reading all the posts on the CF and talking with other C5 owners this seems to be a pretty big problem one of those it you haven’t had it you will. Maybe it’s something that GM should be addressed. I know that may be asking way too much of GM; just a though.

Yes GM's "better idea". Build a monster that controls everything so we can spend every penny we have trying to live with it. Don't get me wrong I love Vettes and my Vette but somedays I wonder if it's really worth it?

That car is giving YELLER a bad name! :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Not really. It's a one owner and he never took the time or drove it enough to get the bugs out. If you need a laugh here goes:

Took it in for Provincial inspection. They will not pass it because the door windows were not tinted by GM but done afterward. The tint is acceptable though, not too dark. So to get it passed I pay to have the tint removed and five minutes later can take it next door and have it redone for $400. WTF is that? And I wonder why I'm homeless............ :lol:lol:lol

Sounds like you're getting Royally Mounted.... :banannadance:

Yup, by the horse with a super big Johnson right up the pooper. But if you want it registered you play the game. Maybe that's why our unemployment isn't that bad................... :banghead:banghead:banghead

• 2 weeks later...

Small update. Ordered new front tires as they were so-so and new wheels. Left front wheel was bent. After all the reading on this problem and possible causes I decided that a reasonable cause could be the combination of tires, bent wheel and lack of proper front wheel alignment. This theory is described in detail on CF and Chad mentioned the possible tire problem. Once the wheels come in we'll see what happens. I'll keep you informed.

B2860 Telescoping Column Position Sensor Failure

Maybe it sensed a Canadian behind the wheel.....

That's some funny Siiiittttttt :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

:withstupid

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I believe :xfinger the problem is cured. I replaced the tires and rims. Found out one of the old front rims was bent. I've driven the car 1,000 miles since the change with no message or problems..................hopefully, the rim was the problem.