2004 Active Handling Message

jstrutt

I won't get to checking the DIC codes until tomorrow. I've read tons of stuff from that Forum on this topic. There could be a kazillion reasons for the message (all the way down to dirty connections, poor grounds, etc.) Once I pull the codes I will post them. This should end up being a long drawn out affair. Then again, I can always keep it turned off which wouldn't be too smart..

God, John. maybe that's why the car is "LEMON" yellow? :lol

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Bigfoot

• TheCMSH

• Ted Y

I won't get to checking the DIC codes until tomorrow. I've read tons of stuff from that Forum on this topic. There could be a kazillion reasons for the message (all the way down to dirty connections, poor grounds, etc.) Once I pull the codes I will post them. This should end up being a long drawn out affair. Then again, I can always keep it turned off which wouldn't be too smart..

God, John. maybe that's why the car is "LEMON" yellow? :lol

Oh no, jinxed! :lol:lol

by the looks of it John did not get the Active handling fixed in time.

corvette_20040212_001.jpg

either that or he 'curb checked' it while parking at a Walgreens picking up his meds.

either that or he 'curb checked' it while parking at a Walgreens picking up his meds.

I knew that was coming........I deserve it.............. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol I like meds..........

Hopefully that isn't the reason his was traded in :leaving

Hopefully that isn't the reason his was traded in :leaving

No worries my little yellow friend.........Inspector Clouseau checked it out.......clean, clean, clean.

Fixed it for ya. :lol

funny I was thinking the same thing about you..

nice bunny outfit :lol

sidekicksean.jpg

That can't be me...the feet aren't big enough. :smilelol

Oh wait...WTF are you doing showing my pic like that...I'll sue for copyright infringement. :cuss

(best wayner impersonation I could come up with this early in the morning) :smilelol :smilelol

Nice day here today so I took IT GOES for a drive. Cleared all the previous codes and away I went. 20 miles down the road I get the ACTIVE HANDLING message again so I pulled over, left the car running, ran the codes and nothing. Turned the car off then ran the codes, nothing. So I am thinking that it has to be (like suggested) a dirty ground or connection. Will look at them early next week. The son gets hitched tomorrow so this weekend is bye, bye.

Well, if the AH system thinks it needs to intervene and is operating properly, it may not throw a code.

That make sense Ted but it is shutting down the Cruise so one would think it would throw a code, not?

It may be that it is supposed to cancel the cruise, such as if you hit ice or something and the AH comes on.

Otherwise, I dunno.

Is it giving you the active handling message at any other time or only when you engage cruise control?

If it does come on at other times as well, I'd look at the wheel speed sensor connections as well.

shot in the dark.

post up what size tires you are runnign on the front and the back.

if the difference is too great/little (3%) it can/will freak out the AH.

Front - 245 45ZR 17

Rear - 275 40ZR 18

Same as the original tire size.

are you sure?

from my memory, you want to keep the tire size under the 3%.

searching CF for a link...

you have the OEM size, but your issue is decribed in other threads where peeps have aftermarket tires that are greater than the 3% rule fo thumb.

post-390-1250910770.jpg

Is your car Yeller? I heard they are unstable.

You probably just opened the floodgates............. :lol:lol:lol

Is your car Yeller? I heard they are unstable.

Yea Yeller may be unstable, at least it's not CLEAR!!! :huh

I’ve been fighting the same problems for three months now, check out my July 15th posting. It may be the steering wheel position sensor, it’s connected someway to the EBCM and it’s only $70.00. I’m beginning to think that my problem is the EBCM, I’m getting the following history codes 28-TCS U1301, 1214, 1288 and 1000.

I’ve been fighting the same problems for three months now, check out my July 15th posting. It may be the steering wheel position sensor, it’s connected someway to the EBCM and it’s only $70.00. I’m beginning to think that my problem is the EBCM, I’m getting the following history codes 28-TCS U1301, 1214, 1288 and 1000.

U1301 is "Serial Line Short to Voltage"

U1000 is "Loss of Communications"

Both talk about SOH (Status of Health) and being unable to determine becuase of that loss of communication. Being that it's in history it sounds like a loose connection, faulty/dirty grounds.

Sounds like you really need to find something loose. It also talks about star connectors being loose. Where to find them I'm not sure.

U1214 and U1288 don't exist in my '99 Service Manuals.

I've taken all the grounds I could find, including the ones under the battery and have cleaned them. Have checked for other loose connections and so far nada. What leads me to think it’s the ECBM is the c1214 code. Anyway one of these days I’ll pull the ECBM and send it to http://www.absfixer.com/ for repair.