• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BubbaThaLuva

• Desertdawg

• jstrutt

• old yeller

Desertdawg

Any news Brandon? we are dying to see what you bought!!!!

BubbaThaLuva

no news yet. in texas for the memorial day weekend... checking out a few prospects here. should make a decision next week. I need to put a PayPal link on my myspace and facebook page so people can donate to my Corvette Fund. I keep finding the perfect ones just outside of my price range.

Are there any known issues with 2005 that I need to know about?

I've found this one. The guy said he'll sell it for 26k. Give me your opinions...

http://www.sport-inc.net/inventory/invento...1YY24U155120588

2005, silver on grey, manual, z51,HUD, no nav, 35k miles

I've heard of a few early '05s that had an issue with the column lock and the car not starting when it gets hot outside. This only affects manual trans cars. There is no real fix as it is a totally different problem than the C5 column lock problem. Mike is battling this issue on his red C5. No fix yet.

Other than that, there were recalls for the roof panel and I know of an issue with the axle nuts needing to be re-torqued.

Anyone else?

BubbaThaLuva

Looks like the guy with the 06, maroon on tan, 16k miles, no nav, no heads up, no z51... is going to go with my 27k offer. The silver one i linked earlier for 26k had more miles, z51, heads up, no nav, but was a lease return and had some dings on the paint... I'm going to go with the suggestion of desert dawg and a few others and go with the newer, lower mile platform and upgrade on that. I'll be deploying next summer and will have plenty of cash to upgrade when I get back in the summer of 2011. It'll barely have 20k miles on it by then. I won't be able to close on this deal until june 2nd or third because the guy will be out of town, so if any one comes across a better deal, let me know and I'll look into it.

old yeller

It sounds like you found your car. Price seems fair. It is not YELLER but the maroon looks good also. :bowtie

Marana Rich

There's a black one sitting at Lawley's, have you checked it out?

BubbaThaLuva

If you're talking about the Black ZO6, yes, if you're talking about something else, I haven't driven by there in several days. It has a tear in the seat, and a hole in the door handle. They wanted WAY too much for a C5 in that condition.

BubbaThaLuva

The Maroon 2006 with 16k miles is no longer availible. The guy used it as a trade in for a BMW before I could get back to Arizona. The search is back on.

Check out Phil's it's a little more money but has a ton of mods.

:withstupid very nice car and well taken care of...well worth the money. :thumbs

BubbaThaLuva

Yep, does look nice. 27k is still my max though.

BubbaThaLuva

Still Searching.

I'd like a few opinions on this one that I found. It's listed for 31K, but I talked him down to 29k.

Here's the link:

http://www.zenauto.biz/

2007, White on Black, 10k miles, No Z51, No HUD, No Nav,

Upgraded Flowmaster Exhaust, Upgraded Stereo w/ Amps, Color Matched Engine Covers, Billet Grill, Full Length Spoiler, Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Instrument Covers

Not a big fan of all the custom audio work on it, but even without all that stuff, it appears to be a good deal. I suppose I could sell all the audio stuff and put that money into other mods for the car. Any things I should ask the guy about the vehicle? Any opinions? Any other vehicles availible for the same amount of money that are better than this one?

old yeller

Bubba,

If it was me, I would keep searching. You are over your 27K max. You can always find a car like the white one for about that price. It is too bad you can not get together on a price for the one that is for sale on this forum. You would at least know more about the car. Good luck on whatever you do. :thumbs

Desertdawg

I don't know, thats an 2007 with less than 10K miles... flowmaster exhaust and SLP CIA intake...

Damn the C6's are getting cheap...

For an 07 thats a good price.

BubbaThaLuva

I had always thought that it was pretty gay to make an automatic sports car.... until today.

I had some free time and took the suggestion of Mr. Phil and test drove a paddle shift vette. After that drive I have now modified what I'm looking for...

2006 or 2007

Still no Black. (Blue 2006 or Orange 2007 pref. but I'll still take a White or Silver of either year model)

Paddle shift

HUD (Must have HUD after experiencing the Paddle Shift)

Under 40k miles

I think I'm about to get a room mate so I can afford a little more than my original 27k so my new limit is 30k.

I had to pretend to be a "New Vette" buyer in order to test drive both Auto and Manual. Then the salesman was all about closing the deal right then so I had to get out...

I would have felt bad about wasting their time, but I read the Edmunds.com story about car salesmen and didn't feel bad at all.

I did have a blast with both cars but soon realized that I'm not that great with a stick and I'd be really pissed if I stalled it out at a light, or accidentally backed into someone if I was at a stop on an incline. I loved how the paddle shift was idiot proof and I loved how the HUD showed you what gear you were in.

Well, Phil's that we told you about would be a great buy then. It's a TOUCH more than you want to spend but with all the mods you are getting MUCH more car for the money.

If I were you I'd SERIOUSLY consider it. ;) Another 2 G's isn't that much once you get to thinking about it...

BubbaThaLuva

Ok. It's now decision time and I need some opinions. I've got two Vettes that I like. I'm going to pick between the following two.

1. http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/...showtopic=10604

2. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvett...ow-project.html

Both cars are within a few hundred dollars of each other on price. Both are paddle shift, which I now love after driving one Saturday.

Pro's for Phil's are the mods and sheer RWHP that he's got going on under the hood. Con's not a big fan of black interior and I wish it had NAV.

Pro's for the show car are the grey interior, NAV, lower miles than Mr. Phil's... Con's not as much RWHP as Mr. Phil's.

The owner of the show car said it also has an extended warrant left on it as well.

I would love to here some opinions from all the experience here on the forums. I plan to make a dicision in the next day or so.

Brandon