NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

welcome BubbaThaLuva

Desertdawg

Desertdawg

Welcome Brandon from Sierra Vista to :ACE:

Bubba is looking to buy a Corvette, so let's see if we can point him in the right direction...

He has already made the smart decision to avoid black :lol

Tell us a little more about yourself Brandon.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BubbaThaLuva

• Desertdawg

• jstrutt

• old yeller

:howdy from a few feet North of the Montana/Canadian border. . . . . . . "Anything But Black"...... :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Desertdawg

Sorry John, I started the welcome thread before you had the chance this time..

BubbaThaLuva

Howdy, thanks for the welcome message. I don't own a vette yet. I'm at the age and income level to afford the car and the insurance. If anyone wants to help me find one, that would be great.

Here's what I'm looking for:

C6

Manual

Not Black on Black

Navigation not a must, but would LOVE to have it.

Z51 not a must, but would LOVE to have it.

Nothing over 50k miles.

My budget is 27k max.

I have searched Ebay, Autotrader, Cars.com, and Craigslist.

I tried to post a WTB on the For Sale topic, but I guess I don't have permission to post yet.

Sorry John, I started the welcome thread before you had the chance this time..

At least there's 2 of us on the ball! :thumbs

Howdy, thanks for the welcome message. I don't own a vette yet. I'm at the age and income level to afford the car and the insurance. If anyone wants to help me find one, that would be great.

C6

Manual

Not Black on Black

Nothing over 50k miles.

My budget is 27k max.

I have searched Ebay, Autotrader, Cars.com, and Craigslist.

I tried to post a WTB on the For Sale topic, but I guess I don't have permission to post yet.

OK Gang.......lets all look and get Brandon into a Vette. :yesnod:yesnod

BubbaThaLuva

Sorry, forgot to tell a little more about myself.

I am originally from Beaumont, TX. I am an officer in the US Army and stationed at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. I work with Unmanned Aircraft. I also drive a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo with 149k miles. I keep a 98 GMC Sierra 1500 with 34k miles in my mom's garage in Texas for when I fly home to visit I don't have to pay for a rental.

I've always loved vettes since I was a kid. I started liking them by accident. I wanted a Knight Rider remote controlled car for Christmas, but instead a I got a black C3 remote controlled car. I put some red paint where the license plate sticker was for the little chase light on KITT. In fact, I would probably buy a Black on Tan, just to put some red lights in the front grill if I found one. I haven't seen very many used C6 Black on Tan though. I know some of you are thinking, why aren't I a Trans-Am fan? There are lots of KITT kits you can put on a used 83 Trans Am.... Well, that would be pretty gay, Pontiacs are dead, and hot chicks do not go to KITT car replica car shows.

BubbaThaLuva

Thanks for the warm welcome. Prior to joining the site last night, I had only thought to look on Ebay, Autotrader, and Cars.com I had found an 05 in Victoria, TX that I liked the interior and exterior color combination and it had Navigation. The drawback is that it had a pretty significant scratch over the rear passenger fender. Anyway, someone posted a link to a car that was on Craigslist, and that gave me the idea to do more searches on Craigslist. Here are the new top contenders in my search so far. Please check these out and tell me what I should be looking for and the benefits / drawbacks of each. Keep in mind that I live in Arizona, but I travel to visit family in Texas pretty often.

1. 2005, Coupe, Manual, Yellow on Black, Z51, Nav, Hud, 31k Miles, $27,000

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1175088855.html

2. 2005, Coupe, Manual, White on Red/Black, Z51, Nav, Hud, 47k Miles, 1 Owner, $25,400

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/1162902508.html

3. 2006, Coupe, Manual, Monterrey Red on Tan, 2LT Equipment Group (All airbags, Dual power seats, Upgraded 3LT leather seats, Luggage shade & net) Dual roof option, Body-colored high-mount taillight assy, stainless steel mesh kit for fender slits Flawless condition, original owner, impeccably maintained, Mobil One synthetic at all oil changes Always garaged and hand washed/polished, non-smoker, All original owners manuals, books, DVDs, keys & fobs.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=262284180

I like 1 and 2 because of the equipment. Someone told me that Z51 is the way to go unless you're old and want a smooth squishy ride. That same person said that Z51 is basically a ZO6 with a smaller engine. I'd like to eventually add some mods and run some auto-cross races. I like 3 because of the newer year and low miles. If I started with a non-Z51 and slowly upgraded, how much modding does it take to get to Z51 performance? I'm not a huge fan of the color of #1 but the lower miles appeal to me.

Here is another one that appealed to me, but not sure about the risk involved. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this.

2005, Coupe, Manual, Silver on Black, Z51, Fully Loaded, 31k Miles, SALVAGED TITLE

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/1177154133.html

I spoke to the guy who "rebuilt" this one. All of the exterior pictures look great. He said that he got this particular vehicle from an Insurance auction and the only thing wrong with it was the missing seats and Navigation radio and no keys. He reinstalled new seats, nav and had the key system redone and now the vehicle is like new. He told me he'd sell it to me for 22k. What do you guys think? I asked him to send me the VIN and interior pics.

Desertdawg

C6

Manual

Not Black on Black

Nothing over 50k miles.

My budget is 27k max.

I've looked around a little, heres about the closest I can find with your options...

05 victory red

05 DOSM

05 black sorry its black, your price range is pretty tight.

If you look for C5's there are some really killer rides out there below your price range.

Desertdawg

One of your links is 30K, hell there are 50 more for sale on the CF in that perice range...

Give up looking for Z51 if you plan to mod for autoX, get some aftermarket sway bars that will do the job way better....

And you really need to crawl around that salvage title one before you commit, a low price could be hiding some major damage....

BubbaThaLuva

The link for #3 says 30k but I talked to the guy and he's willing to part with it for $26,500. Thats the cheapest 2006 with that low of miles I've seen.

Can't go wrong with the YELLOW one.

By the way, :welcome2:

It's YELLER damnit...hehehehe

Marana Rich

Hook up with Patrick from this forum, he works on base there, and try to find the ThunderVette group local to Sierra Vista. There are probably a few being sold locally that aren't being advertised out of the area.

Maybe he will take yo for a spin in the Blue monster!

BubbaThaLuva

Has anyone had any issues with 2005's since they were the first year of the C6? The guy selling his 2006 said this in one of his emails to me.

"And, not so much as a selling point, but just as a piece of advice from a several-time Corvette owner... you may want to check out some of the comments on corvetteforum.com before jumping into a 2005 model year C6. The main reason I waited until 2006 to get mine was due to the number of issues the Bowling Green plant was having with the first-year build of the C6’s. They sorted out some pretty major mechanical items prior to the 2006 build year."

I guess basically I'm looking for some advice now.

2006, Maroon on Tan, 16.6k Miles, non-Z51, no Nav, no hud for $27,000

vs

2005, Yellow on Black, 31k Miles, Z51, Fully Loaded for $27,000

Any opinions?

If you're concerned about "problems" with the 2005.............isn't the 06 a natural with 1/2 the miles? jmo

Desertdawg
I'm not a huge fan of the color of

If it was my money, newer with lower milage would have to win... plus it just looks better!!!

2006, Maroon on Tan, 16.6k Miles, non-Z51, no Nav, no hud for $27,000

The lack of options is your only downfall with this one, but you have an open platform to upgrade on!