NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Want and Need C3 Parts

BigRay

I'm 17 years old, I Live In Glendale bought a 1976 T-Top Corvette In August, i Have Been Saving Money Up For A Motor, on the weekends me and my friends take some time to wet sand the vette to remove all the old paint, its a long and boring process. Anyways I'm looking to find a windshield for sale, and maybe a dashboard (the whole dashboard) if anyone has one up for sale or knows anyone who might have one for sale. Basically i got a bare rolling chassis with all the glass except windshield dashboard engine and tranny. Any c3 parts you may have for sale or would like to donate please contact me. i'm not looking for any big parts for donating anything for a c3 will probally help me. i'm missing door handles and window tracks little stuff like that i would like to get my hands on so please help. anything will be benefitting me!

here is my 1976 corvette stingray project

post-1030-1235537567.jpg

post-1030-1235537671.jpg

Cool, a 17 year old thats into Corvettes instead of fart pipe ricers :clap

I don't have any good parts from the C3 I had but I will keep my eye out for some!

Now how about a little help while your sanding:

Two warnings about sanding: Use caution so you don’t sand through the gelcoat layer, as that might open pinholes in the fiberglass that will later erupt, volcano-like, through the paint. Also, do not wet-sand the bare gelcoat. It's porous and may trap water that will later blister the paint.

There are a couple of ways to treat low spots in the fiberglass. One is to use standard body filler or glazing putty. Also a filling primer can do the trick. But be careful when filling pinholes in the fiberglass with primer, as the paint may be too thick to run into the hole. Instead, force some filler or putty into the hole with your finger, then knock off the excess with a second sanding pass. If you made the first pass with 80-grit, go to a 180- or 220-grit to smooth the filler and any scratches created by the 80-grit. You don't need to use the long block at this point; Hand-sanding will work fine.

While you should plan ahead and use a one brand of paint from primer to clear coat, you might want to be careful leaving bare fiberglass exposed, it is great at soaking up oil and other contaminants that will later screw up your finished paint job. You can buy some decent rattle can primer to coat the bare fiberglass now. Just be sure to use a good sealer over the entire car before you get into the final primer and sand steps. Also stay away from etching primers, some of the chemicals in them are not friendly with fiberglass.

Actually, I'm glad to see that no one jumped you for boosting your post count so you could post up here because this is kinda cool. I'm sure we'll all see what we can find laying around, lots of C3 guys here. Welcome to the group

I'm just glad to see a teenager with some initiative. After what I see all day. :thumbs

Oh, and I didn't see how be "boosted" his pot count until after I read this thread and realized and said, "aw, that's ok." :lol

I too thought of breaking his balls for boosting his posts, but boosting to get into this section to ask for help, or to ask to buy something is OK with me.

Good luck on your project BIGRAY!!!

Hi; This is Pete, I own Cn'V Corvettes. Please make a BIG LIST and come see me and I'll hook you up with some parts - Free! I can meet you there on Saturday if you will let me know. My email is pete@cnv-corvettes.com It is great to help a young Corvette dude.

I've purchased 2 vettes from you Pete, and I've never gotten a personal invite to meet you on a Saturday!!!

Just Kidding. :lol

Really cool offer Pete, it would be great to see BigRay from a lifetime habit with Corvettes at 17, how many of us did the same thing?

Cool, you already got a free offer!!!!

I don't have a lot of parts left of my C3, but I have a set of brand new sunvisor plastic "washer", I dunno what are they called, but they fix the loose sunvisor that falls in front of you when you drive, I also have a very f'd up steering wheel you can have if you have use for it.

Congrats on the project. Lemme know if you need a hand with body work/mechanics/interiors.

Good luck.

Pete that rocks !!!!

Got my 82 from you guys some 6 years ago ...

Some of us do wish we had started back at 17 instead of spendin the bank on chicks ... see what that got us !!!

:banghead

Good luck on your project ... we also will keep our eyes open for parts >>>> :yeah:

Phill's Vette

Way to go Pete, too cool!!

I have several miscellaneous parts around but I will be saving them for my next C3 hopefully this year.

If you got any questions as you do your restore, post up here and I'm sure we can either help you or get you to the right info source.

Take a lot of pictures as you go, not only for your records, but also for all of us so we can follow along as you go.

:thumbs

Hey BigRay,

I have a transmission, automatic, can't tell you what's been done to it, but I do know there's a shift kit in it, if you want it cheap, no problemo.

Since I upgraded to the Tremec, it's just taking up space in my garage.

PM me if you want it. I'll throw in everything I can find to go with it.

When Ray gets that C3 back together, he's going to have so many ACE friends that he will have to be a member for life!!

I've purchased 2 vettes from you Pete, and I've never gotten a personal invite to meet you on a Saturday!!!

Really cool offer Pete, it would be great to see BigRay from a lifetime habit with Corvettes at 17, how many of us did the same thing?

I would have beenthere if my dad would have given me the loan for the 65 i could have had when I was 17...... still pisses me off But oh well I guess

• 2 weeks later...

Hey BigRay ... how bout an update .....

We may some parts we can make available to you due to the construction of the C3 ,,, please let us know what you're still needing .... :ok:

Man takes me back 11 years when I got my first vette at 17, 89 L-98, White with Red Leather. Yes it is awesome to see a younger generation showing interest. It's also great to see the show of support from ACE. Way to go gang and good luck with the build BigRay.

I would have beenthere if my dad would have given me the loan for the 65 i could have had when I was 17...... still pisses me off But oh well I guess

me too on the vette at 17 lol but im sure we were not alone.... damn it pop! 69 vert 454 red 6500.00

Ray; I have some more items for your Corvette. Call me, Pete at Cn'V my cell is 480-296-6979

Black leather seat covers +++

• 6 months later...

Hey

Its the Chief Here... It just might be your lucky day..... I have a 1980 Vette, its in great shape, the drivers side front fender, hood and nose were removed for another vette repair... HOWEVER it has no damage to any of the working components (that I can see). It is a runner and I have quite a few parts as well.. Shoot me an email and let me know what kind of budget you have and you could quite possibly have your engine, transmission, full 1980 frame and tons of other parts to get your Vette going...

Thanks

Chief