FIREBIRD'S ANNUAL PROAUTOSPORTS APPRECIATION OPEN

Guest Kens06

Guest Kens06

I got this letter last week from ProAutoSports.

They are coming back to Firebird's main track Sept 25th!!

Dear Ken,

We are now in St Johns setting up for the St Johns Grand Prix. If you have not registered yet, you may do so when you arrive. Our St Johns number is 928-205-9050 if you have an emergency.

1. FIREBIRD'S ANNUAL PROAUTOSPORTS APPRECIATION OPEN TRACK DAY. There is no charge for open track sessions for both street cars and race cars that day! YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD AT THE ENTRY GATE. Track sessions run 9am-5pm.

2. THERE WILL BE A SAFETY SCHOOL THAT DAY FOR ALL PROAUTOSPORTS OFFICIALS. Corner workers, Grid workers, Tech Workers, Safety workers and all others PLEASE COME TO THIS EVENT FOR THE LATEST TRAINING. THANK YOU.

3. ADVANCED DRIVING SCHOOL will also be available this same day for $75. We will also run the NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION PROGRAM that day for $75.

4. FIREBIRD'S TRUCKIN NATIONALS NEEDS DRIVERS AND WORKERS OCTOBER 23-24. Our members get paid to work this great event. You will be driving instructors, safety instructors and registration personnel. PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL TELLING US YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS PROGRAM THIS YEAR. We need 30-40 people.

LIFE IS GOOD IN THE PROAUTOSPORTS FAST LANE!

Larry Pond, Managing Director

Professional AutoSports Inc.

www.proautosports.com

National Office

Phone:480-664-3872

Fax:480-664-3873

I may have to go and take the orientation program, I've never been on the big track, and beat up my car a little bit :cool

Ken

So I guess you have to be a member to get in on the fun stuff?

Is it worth it for maybe one event a year???

So I guess you have to be a member to get in on the fun stuff?

Is it worth it for maybe one event a year???

Guest Kens06

Dwayne,

You take the orientattion course, go one or two sessions with an instructor and you will be hooked!

You do the other two 20 min sessions by yourself, and you WILL be wore out!!

Two days later your forearms will be sore from 'white knuckling' the steering wheel!!

The first time you go into a turn and your mind says back off, and the instructor says stay in it, and you stay in it and not only does the car make the corner but you don't hear a word from the tires, you realize the weakest link is behind the wheel!!!!!

Drag racing is fun but road racing is what Corvettes are all about!!

I'm gonna do it again! Just too much fun for $75.

Ken

The drag racing is just for fun. I really like to go AutoXing.

The track thing sounds like fun. but there is no way I could trust myself out there with other cars racing around at the same time.

And the wife would kill me if I took that much of a chance with her 22 year old vette....( i.e. she won't let me do it.:D :o )

I am looking for an open weekend where we don't have 14 things already planned, so that maybe we can get a few out to an autox somewhere.. I think it's a blast to kill those little orange cones...