NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Recommendations on engine installation places?

phxscooby101

I have a new 383 going in my 1992 6 speed vette, I originally had ADS setup to do the install but there scheduling has pushed my car possibly back to Jan 1st.

So now I am searching for a very good local shop to install my engine. I have gotten a quote from exotic muscle but not sure of there install techniques.

All that is involved with my car.

1. remove old engine and radiator.

2. install new 383, aluminum rad, new dynaspark, electric water pump needs accessories mounted, exotic muscle headers+ cats+ removal of resonator,some exhaust piping needed, install new fuel pump. Install new clutch and some new accessories.

Dyno Tuning will be done at ADS as per the warranty but I hear there very good anyway.

Time frame is asap, I am getting impatient it's been close to 8 months since I started this project. Thanks for your help, Chad :burnout

3,503 lbs of trouble
I have a new 383 going in my 1992 6 speed vette, I originally had ADS setup to do the install but there scheduling has pushed my car possibly back to Jan 1st.

So now I am searching for a very good local shop to install my engine. I have gotten a quote from exotic muscle but not sure of there install techniques.

All that is involved with my car.

1. remove old engine and radiator.

2. install new 383, aluminum rad, new dynaspark, electric water pump needs accessories mounted, exotic muscle headers+ cats+ removal of resonator,some exhaust piping needed, install new fuel pump. Install new clutch and some new accessories.

Dyno Tuning will be done at ADS as per the warranty but I hear there very good anyway.

Time frame is asap, I am getting impatient it's been close to 8 months since I started this project. Thanks for your help, Chad :burnout

Bromley's Performance Corvette (480) 390-2652

I would say wait for ADS on the 1st. They swapped motors on my C5 and made things better than from factory.

I'll give Bromley's Performance Corvette a call, why do you like them? Can you give me some personal experiences with them?

ADS is trying to fit me in, but 2 more months is too long of a wait for me. Anyone recommend exotic muscle for installations? Thanks Chad :thumbs

3,503 lbs of trouble
I'll give Bromley's Performance Corvette a call, why do you like them? Can you give me some personal experiences with them?

ADS is trying to fit me in, but 2 more months is too long of a wait for me.

phxscooby101 - Doug Bromley did 95% of the maintenance and repair on my white '79 Vette before I sold it to Jay (Moshis). Doug put two engines in Jay's other (red) '79 Vette. A 383 SB, then later Jay upgraded to a 5?? BB. After Jay purchased my '79, he had Doug replaced my old L-98 with a rebuilt 355 SB. Doug has replace countless engines in Corvettes, and many other vehicles. I can't see why Doug would have a problem installing everything you listed. He's done all that many many times.

Also. Doug Bromley knows Doug at ADS. Doug Bromley thinks highly of ADS, and Bromley's shop is only a couple of miles East of ADS up Chandler Blvd. Overall I'm happy with the quality of the work Doug Bromley has performed on my Vette & my T-bird, and his price was always more than fair. I'm confident if Jay sees this thread he will back me up on my recommendation. Still, there's nothing wrong with ADS if you're willing to wait.

EDITED BY Administrator: reason - removed thread hijacking posts and replies.

Looks like I'll be going with ADS with a start date of the

Nov 21st :banghead:banghead

I figure since I've waited this long why screw it up in the final stretch.

I'm still going to get quotes from everyone's recommended place and if this does not work out for some reason aleast I'll have my bases covered. :thumbs

Thanks Chad

3,503 lbs of trouble
Looks like I'll be going with ADS with a start date of the

Nov 21st :banghead:banghead

I figure since I've waited this long why screw it up in the final stretch.

I'm still going to get quotes from everyone's recommended place and if this does not work out for some reason aleast I'll have my bases covered. :thumbs

Nov. 21st is not that far away. I'd wait. You can't go wrong with ADS. Plus, you will only have one set of hands in your engine bay, and if in the unlikely event there is an issue, you will only have one shop to deal with. Once it's done, and all is good, you will feel it was worth waiting.

Whatever direction you go, good luck!! :thumbs

Thanks I need all the luck I can get.

:D You guys are funny I can't wait to meet you all at one of the corvette/car meets. Seeya :burnout Chad

:lurk

All i can say :)

But I will add, On Dan's recomendation I'll be calling Doug to see if he is interested in swapping gears in the car.

Bryan - If there is a problem with me recommending Doug Bromley when others are seeking recommendations, then tell me so and why, and I'll stop.

Jeeze -- I go to Yuma for work for 1 day and you kids just can't behave without supervision.

Chris - stop bothering Dan about recommending Bromley's. Get your car running so you can be at some of the events.

Dan - I have no problem with you recommending Bromley's. We all know that you will so I don't know why the other long time members would even say anything about it now.

And as far as the hijack with the tranny pictures - I trimmed this thread. Please don't post pictures of ugly women (regardless of original gender) in these threads. Only hot chicks (and those that started life without testicles) please.

I need more recommendations from you all, I need a good fuel pump upgrade from stock and I heard the stock 1992 LT1 fuel rails are a restriction in a 383 motor? Recommended fuel rails upgrade? Thanks Chad :D

Fyi:The motor comes with an adjustable fuel regulator.

I know Summitt and Jegs carry some generic "cut to length" fuel rails, but I don't know if that would work for you or not.

• 1 month later...

Update: My vette should be on the dyno on Tuesday, after that I'll post the info and vid. :burnout Chad

BSeery: I had to get LT4 rails because orignally I had an LT1 intake.

Cost is 440 each side (GM cost) :banghead:banghead, so it has costed me a grand for this mod. Not much I could do since I was running out of time on the installation of the motor. I wish I could have tracked down some used rails somewhere, but there really is no upgrades for the LT4 fuel rails.

Car should be getting on the dyno Thursday/Friday. :thumbs

If the car is finished I'll post the results. Chad

• 1 month later...

Update, My car should be done Monday god willing, its been a bumpy road to say the least. Currently the car is making 450 hp with 480 tq, but there is a dip in the hp above 5700 rpm it's probably ignition related so I'm upgrading the coil unit to the MSD 8a?? which is a amplifier unit for the upgraded MSD coil.

I don't have a print out of the dyno so I can't post anything yet. :D Chad

so are you making plans to come out to the next gathering?

it will be nice to see another high HP C4 in our group - however, the guy that has your numbers - i haven't seen since our dyno day at mikes.

i forget his name - 96 383 LT4 silver with black stripes.

I'll be at the next meet for sure, when and were is the meet? I'm picking up the car today but without the amplifier installed. I'll be going back to ads next week to finish up the install. This part is more of a longgivity issue and I hope to pick up more hp's. During the dyno session I picked up 30 hp, just by switching too the msd coil. :D

Thanks Chad

I'll be at the next meet for sure, when and were is the meet?

Are you ready for our lunch for tommorow 2/4?

I will not be getting the vette back until monday/ tuesday, so I'll wait until the next meet :cool Thanks Chad

3,503 lbs of trouble
I will not be getting the vette back until monday/ tuesday, so I'll wait until the next meet :cool Thanks Chad

You do have a daily driver, right? I'll be driving mine.