NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Big bummer **UPDATE**

Guest Sidewinder

Guest Sidewinder

Well, we were driving the vette last night coming back from a co-workers of Tanya's house over by University, I could be off a little as I am not familiar with that side of town at all, when a damn plumbing truck changed lanes right in front of us and a weird looking piece of rebar and some friggin tubing flew out of the back of the truck and we ran it over. The rebar rod hit the front of the engine and knocked the belt off the tensioner and the tubing made a HORRIBLE noise bouncing underneath the car. I am going to put the car on a lift and look at the pipe damage, it doesn't sound as if the exhaust was damaged but I am not 100% sure. We did not give chase b/c of the belt coming off. Luckily, I had a socket set in the rear cubby hole and was able to put the belt back on over the tensioner. I will post pics tommorow of the damage, if any, when it's on the lift out here at the base. We had argued over taking the truck over there but nooooo. AHHHH!!! fighting0023.gif

eeek! That's no good. Hope it's not as bad as .... well, I'm sure your imagination runs wild seeing and hearing that. :cuss

Melissa

3,503 lbs of trouble

Damn! :banghead :mad :cuss Sorry Tanya. What a frickin nightmare. Stupid work truck owned by idiots! Hey, I get seriously worked up when a lit cigarette butt come at me after being tossed out a car window up ahead. Had one hit the Vette fender once on the way to work, and sparks flew everywhere. They were not fast enough to escape the earfull I gave them. Still, they look at me like I'm the jerk! And it was an idiot drivind a work truck! :mad

Okay, okay, rant off :rant

Tanya, hope there was no serious damage.

Damn! :banghead :mad :cuss Sorry Tanya. What a frickin nightmare. Stupid work truck owned by idiots! Hey, I get seriously worked up when a lit cigarette butt come at me after being tossed out a car window up ahead. Had one hit the Vette fender once on the way to work, and sparks flew everywhere. They were not fast enough to escape the earfull I gave them. Still, they look at me like I'm the jerk! And it was an idiot drivind a work truck! :mad

try having a cigarette / cigar thrown at you when you are on a motorcycle.

Had many, many cigarettes thrown at me and one even hit my face shield. I big ol' cigar once smacked the windscreen.

On the bike I could actually smell if someone in front of me was smoking in their car and I just learned not to be around them.

Sucks about the damage to the Vette. I hate it when parts get tossed on the road making an instant slalom course on the freeway.

p.s. -- love the "Tanya" comments, even though it was Mark's login. We all know better by now.

Damn! :banghead  :mad  :cuss Sorry Tanya. What a frickin nightmare. Stupid work truck owned by idiots! Hey, I get seriously worked up when a lit cigarette butt come at me after being tossed out a car window up ahead. Had one hit the Vette fender once on the way to work, and sparks flew everywhere. They were not fast enough to escape the earfull I gave them. Still, they look at me like I'm the jerk! And it was an idiot drivind a work truck! :mad

i wasriding in a vette with an old school local member - a few of you may remember him - shane pollard - '90 polo green vert.

anyway, we were blazing down the street and some guy threw a cigarette out the car and it landed IN HIS VETTE!

he was so hot - he followed the guy - and the guy got on the freeway and took off - shane's no calm guy, he'll kick the crap outta just about anyone - that guy took off like a shot - and just like you said dan - they look at us like we're the idiots! :bs

wow! I thought I was the only one that retentive about smoke, etc! I guess that's why we all get along, huh? :P

And Bryan, I can tell when someone in any car around me is smoking-even when I'm in my car, too! Argh! :banghead

M-

Guest racingchester

Had a guy rearend me on the 10 coming up from Tucson. Bumper to bumper stop and go. He looked down and i knew that he would hit me. I pulled off and he went by. No damage but I tried to catch the SOB but to no avail.

Guest XLR8TNC5

I just don't want to talk about it............. :cuss Talk about a sick feeling in my stomach. My poor poor baby! (THE CAR!)

Tanya

Guest Sidewinder

And the tubes

Thanks to the crew at AZ Power & Sound!! Mike and Joel did a kick ass job on the car, we are very happy with it. It pulls hard and sounds VERY sweet. Sorry for the April fools joke, I had to do it. :smilelol

post-6-1130348486.jpg

3,503 lbs of trouble
Sorry for the April fools joke, I had to do it. :smilelol

:huh Ummm, it's October. :toetap

Well, at least I got in a good tossed cigarette rant.

Guest Sidewinder

AZ Power & Sound kicks ass party0007.gif

LG Longtubes, G5X3 Cam, Hardened Pushrods, LS6 Intake, LS2 Timing Chain, LS6 Oil Pump, PRC Springs, Water Pump, Nic Tune. Who's next? I look outside and it sure is... "Sunnie".

post-6-1130350471.jpg

you KNUCKLEHEAD!

i thought something serious had happened - however i did :huh when i heard it knocked the belt off - i wondered how it might have done that without puncturing the radiator or something else major!

LG Longtubes, G5X3 Cam, Hardened Pushrods, LS6 Intake, LS2 Timing Chain, LS6 Oil Pump, PRC Springs, Water Pump, Nic Tune. Who's next? I look outside and it sure is... "Sunnie".

So did you get it done last night? I called to reschedule some Sway bars, and I was told they were wrapping up another Vette cam job.

Very exciting to drive your car with added horsepower. :D

Glad you are happy with the work.

Phil... :devil

Guest AZ Power & Sound

So did you get it done last night? I called to reschedule some Sway bars, and I was told they were wrapping up another Vette cam job.

Very exciting to drive your car with added horsepower. :D

Glad you are happy with the work.

Phil... :devil

Hey Phil, anytime this week is fine to stop in! Sway bars are sitting in my office :)

Guest Sidewinder

Yup, we picked it up last night, well... This morning to be exact, about 1:00 AM. I saw your sways and thought "I wonder if those are Phil's?" :lol Yes, more power is good.

I really thought you would come up with a better way to announce the 'upgrade' than some lame-ass fairy tale :confused

I got bruises on my shins at Split window after the cruise for this?? :willy:willy

COME ON! Do you think if you showed up 'fashionable late' at the Krispy Kreme Sat, no one would have noticed................... :drinkers:drinkers

It had to be Mark's idea!! I know Tanya is a lot more creative!!

Congrats on the mods and results!! :thumbs:thumbs

Ken

COME ON! Do you think if you showed up 'fashionable late' at the Krispy Kreme Sat, no one would have noticed................... :drinkers  :drinkers

With the added HP they should be there early. :smilelol

Here are some pics of the rod and tubes that hit the car.

Here is the rod thingy

000GLD_Joaquin_Phoenix_035.jpg

BAN THEM !!

for bad attempted humor.