NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Results: Firebird, Sept 30

MrEracer

Here are the results of my best run Friday night with the winged Z06c, (The Raven).

60' 1.79

330' 4.877

1/8 7.44

MPH 96.50

1000' 9.61

1/4 11.505

MPH 120.69

The trap speed was down from what I expected due to a trashed 4th gear syncro and some added drag due to the road race wing. I had to double clutch it into 4th gear. It has run 123 with a good trans and no wing.

I was only tech'ed to 11.50 so I cut it about as close as possible without getting tossed out. It was my last run anyway.

Note: No power adder is used on NA this car...

This is my road race car with a road race set-up. Not really a drag car but I'm

happy with it. My first race of the night was against a new Viper. He ran a 13.34 against my 11.86... Made him look really bad...

Brian, I don't have a scanner so you can use this data or not. There were plenty of ACE witnesses.

I hope the other ACE and Crossfire racers will post their results here as well.

Shirl Dickey

Guest XLR8TNC5

Shirl,

It was a pleasure to meet you and help you out of that orange tape, (That was me, Tanya) when you got hooked up in it. It was also a lot of fun watching you run your car. I "might" have video of it. If I do, I will let you know. If not, then I just wont post it.

Anyway, your car was awesome and Im glad you came out. Hope to see you soon again sometime.

Tanya

Hey Shirl,

Remember me, worked on my FRC a while back to trace down a vibration. Turned out to be a bad tire. Freak tire issues. Hope you make it to one of our cruises.

Great times by the way.

Keith

Brian, I don't have a scanner so you can use this data or not. There were plenty of ACE witnesses.

Shirl Dickey

It's cool. I saw your 11.505 run and remember it because I thought "damn, that's close to the 11.5 tech time."

I will add it to our page.

It was great to meet you in person and hope you can make some more of our outings in the future.

PS - I am going to work on getting a club event run at Speedworld in November. That way we will have more track time, a better track and be able to do time trials, eliminations and bracket race to get a group overall winner. To do so I will need at least the turnout we had at Firebird and at least 10 - 15 cars racing.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Here are the results of my best run Friday night with the winged Z06c, (The Raven).

60' 1.79

330' 4.877

1/8 7.44

MPH 96.50

1000' 9.61

1/4 11.505

MPH 120.69

The trap speed was down from what I expected due to a trashed 4th gear syncro and some added drag due to the road race wing. I had to double clutch it into 4th gear. It has run 123 with a good trans and no wing.

I was only tech'ed to 11.50 so I cut it about as close as possible without getting tossed out. It was my last run anyway.

Note: No power adder is used on NA this car...

This is my road race car with a road race set-up. Not really a drag car but I'm

happy with it. My first race of the night was against a new Viper. He ran a 13.34 against my 11.86... Made him look really bad...

Shirl Dickey

we do transmission rebuilds if needed :)

$400 labor for the rebuild plus parts which can be all or any of the following:

Synchro kit - $199

Steel 3-4 shift fork - $59

3-4 synchronizer assembly - $199

misc pads and keys - $19

Gears vary but rarely needed

1-2 and 5-6 shift forks are 29 each but also rarely needed

Install and removal of transmission if car is brought to us - $500

I will do a clutch install for free at the same time while the tranny is down, just let me know which clutch you want to order and I will price accordingly!

Synchro kit - $199

misc pads and keys - $19

I will do a clutch install for free at the same time while the tranny is down, just let me know which clutch you want to order and I will price accordingly!

Been to his ah.........shop/hanger once. Shirl builds his own race engines and such.

Thanks for your offer Mike, I do all my own engine/drivetrain work. I may be interested in some parts though. I'll give you a call when I get the trans apart to see what it needs...

Shirl

Tanya,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the drags. Hope to see you on a cruise soon now that I know who you are... Thanks for your help and your comments.

Shirl

Keith,

Great to hear from you again. I hadn't connected your screen name with you. Are you in Camp Verde? I go there often to visit my sister and I lived there for a while in the early 90's. Great place, wish I lived there again... Let me know how to contact you and I will look you up the next time I'm in town...

Shirl

Brian,

Good to get to meet you and I'm sorry you had trouble with the car. I would like to see it run. Thanks for making it easy to post my results. Speedworld would be great for me, but make sure they prep the track beyond 60'... I almost hit the wall there on a 1-2 shift due to the slippery (un-prep'd) surface.

Shirl

Keith,

Great to hear from you again. I hadn't connected your screen name with you. Are you in Camp Verde? I go there often to visit my sister and I lived there for a while in the early 90's. Great place, wish I lived there again... Let me know how to contact you and I will look you up the next time I'm in town...

Shirl

Still in CV. You can click on my screen name and send me an E-mail via the forum. Have to show you my 72. Maybe grab lunch.

Keith

Guest Ricmin

60'  1.79

330'  4.877

1/8  7.44

MPH  96.50

1000'  9.61

1/4  11.505

MPH  120.69

The trap speed was down from what I expected due to a trashed 4th gear syncro and some added drag due to the road race wing.  I had to double clutch it into 4th gear.  It has run 123 with a good trans and no wing.

I was only tech'ed to 11.50 so I cut it about as close as possible without getting tossed out.  It was my last run anyway.

Note:  No power adder is used on NA this car...

This is my road race car with a road race set-up.  Not really a drag car but I'm

happy with it.  My first race of the night was against a new Viper.  He ran a 13.34 against my 11.86...  Made him look really bad...

Brian, I don't have a scanner so you can use this data or not.  There were plenty of ACE witnesses.

Shirl Dickey

Synchro kit - $199

misc pads and keys - $19

That is a great price on parts. Where were you when I was rebuilding my 6pd? :)