NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Run to the River 08, Tucson gang?

Patrick

Is there a Tucson contingent going on the 2nd annual “Run to the River 08”? If so, has a meet place been established? It would be nice to leave Tucson and meet the PHX crowd at Wal-Mart at 10:00. Meaning the Tucson gang would have to roll out about 8:00 or so. Not completely sure how long it takes to get to PHX from Tucson. I would have to come from Sierra Vista to meet the Tucson gang meaning I would leave at 6:45. I guess if there’s anyone else is interested in going from Sierra Vista we can meet up and head up to merge with the Tucson gang.

It'd probably be best to meet up at about 0715/0730 to leave promptly at about 0745. Also depends on where the meet up point is. If it's up near Orange Grove/Ina/Cortaro, leaving at 0800 should work, meeting up at the Shell on Wilmot best to leave 'bout 0730.

Also depends on if we're picking anyone up in Casa Grande.

I'm still tentative, waiting on O-6's to decide a couple of things.

Well,I'll be going this year. Last year I was the only guy from Tucson to go. I'd be happy to roll with ya, but I recommend that we leave the night before and crash a hotel up there. The group leaves at 10, which means that we gotta be leaving Tucson at like 745, which means you gotta leave SV at like 6. How the hell can you have any fun after that?

I'll be in my Vette, what on God's green earth could be more fun. :rockon2: However I'm okay with any plan, the night before or an early morning.

As far as after the drive. I always have fun. Use to long hours courtesy of the Army.

Well, we can make the plans as the event draws near. I'm fairly sure that I'll stay the night before in Phx as I just aint a morning person, and I was late last year.

If your going to meet up with us here in Casa Grande we have a few places right on I-10 to meet so a quick little off and back on to I-10 is all.. I map quested it and says we are 1 1/2 from that wal-mart so more like an hour,,, hour and 15 depending on traffic. being a saturday morning..

Rob

RBChallenger

What date is this River Run as I'd like to go ahead and plan on going. I am fine with driving up from Tucson in the morning, if we decide to go up the night before I'd probably be able to be talked into that too.

What date is this River Run as I'd like to go ahead and plan on going. I am fine with driving up from Tucson in the morning, if we decide to go up the night before I'd probably be able to be talked into that too.

Here's the link to the thread with all the info, dates, reservations, meeting locations etc.

Laughlin Run

RBChallenger

Looks like the girlfriend and I are in for this as well... haven't reserved a room yet or anything but have decided its a trip we definitely want to make. Anyone planning on heading around and seeing any of the sights or just heading to the hotel and hanging out?

Looks like the girlfriend and I are in for this as well... haven't reserved a room yet or anything but have decided its a trip we definitely want to make. Anyone planning on heading around and seeing any of the sights or just heading to the hotel and hanging out?

The sites in Laughlin are the hotels. Nothing but desert for miles around.

And a river!

And a river!

And Oatman (great old west mining town on ols RT 66)

Linkouski

If your going to meet up with us here in Casa Grande we have a few places right on I-10 to meet so a quick little off and back on to I-10 is all.. I map quested it and says we are 1 1/2 from that wal-mart so more like an hour,,, hour and 15 depending on traffic. being a saturday morning..

Rob

The 'usual' meeting spot is the Cracker Barrel. Not that we're tied to that or anything.