Eddie's Accident!

Eddie44

I was on the way to meet everyone at the Waffle House and some idiot turned left right into me.

Accident10-1-05001.jpg

Accident10-1-05009.jpg

Accident10-1-05003.jpg

Any recommendations on a good body shop?

Guest Kens06

Damn Ed!!!!!!!!!!

That makes me want to cry!!!!!!!!!!

I remember how I felt when the other side of my car looked worse than that!!

Is everyone OK?

Ken

92ZR1Wannabe

Wow that sucks...

How do they even go about trying to repair something like that?

Hey Eddie,

I can fix that damage, no problem. I bebuild C5's for a living... Give me a chance to bid in it if you can.

Shirl Dickey

SD Racing Enterprises

Aguila, AZ

Its called a C-6! :smilelol

Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind! :D

I was alone but short of a few bumps, bruises and bits of glass I'm fine. Thanks for the concern everybody.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Eddie,

Im glad to hear you are okay. Im so sorry about what happened to your beautiful Vert! Hopefully, you are able to make the repairs you want to your satisfaction, otherwise, I would not blame you if you ended up with a C5.5!

Tanya

Its called a C-6! :smilelol

Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind! :D

I was alone but short of a few bumps, bruises and bits of glass I'm fine. Thanks for the concern everybody.

What about the loss of value on a VERY rare and possibly collectible car? Your combo of black C5 / white top was only 1-19, right? Now it's been damaged and has lost value.

Right ??? ;)

Really glad you weren't hurt Eddie, sorry to see your beautiful vette hurt... :ack

3,503 lbs of trouble

Hey Eddie - Glad to see you still made it to lunch, meaning you were well enough to walk away. Vettes can be fixed or replaced. You being okay is all that truly matters.

And as far as a body shop goes, New Image in Tempe is a good one, as you know.

Heard about it tonight Eddie :eek Glad your not injured, (physically :D )

Now remember, the damage must extend onto your hood :thumbs

Hope you are feeling better today.

You looked a little shocked still at lunch yesterday. Glad you did not let the accident prevent you coming out to lunch and sharing your terrible expirence.

Hope you feel better today.

Keep us informed on the situation on the Vette.

I'm stilling crying..... :banghead I think it would be great to get a c6...How's your neck... :thumbs

I'm stilling crying..... :banghead I think it would be great to get a c6...How's your neck... :thumbs

Neck is fine. I'll know more about the C6 once I talk to the Insurance Co. Probably won't be able to do that until Thursday or Friday cause I leave for Stockton, CA on business in the AM.

The first bit of good news. I called USAA and the guys insurance is current contrary to the insurance card that was in the vehicle! :thumbs

I don't know if any of you have USAA but I was very impressed on first contact. The woman I talked to said she will be the one to contact and offered her contact info w/o me asking. She even said she spends most of her day on the phone but if I leave a vm she stressed she will return all calls. I was definitely impressed!

think it could be a total?

i know with state farm, if the repair value exceeds 50% of the book value, they total it and write you a check, the nice thing is that they also let me buy it back for dirt - may be a way to have 2 vettes! or sell one real cheap to a fellow forum member! ;)

oooh oooh pick me, pick me! :smilelol

I would recommend 2 places.

Advanced Autobody in Chandler ( i-10 and kyrene)

or

Classic Autobody (over by extreme motorsports)

Advanced has a corvette specific person who is anal about details

Hey guys, Joe here. I've been a member on this forum for a while, but I've never posted. I know, I know, I'm a lurker, Desertdawg already informed me of that when we spoke at Firebird Raceway Friday night.

Classic Gold Autobody is my family's business and we are right around the block from Xtreme Motorsports. We work on alot of corvettes, some even in magazines. Sorry to hear about the damage on your vette, Eddie44, but I would be glad to take a look at it and give you an estimate. You can call me at the shop 480-967-2521.

You guys will probably be hearing from me more often on the forum as I had a good time at Firebird and the few of you that I have met I have enjoyed speaking with. Hope to hear from you!!

I know, I know, I'm a lurker, Desertdawg already informed me of that when we spoke at Firebird Raceway Friday night.

See, I told you that you should be posting on here.... :lol

Wow Eddie, sorry to see the damage. Glad to see that you came out of it ok. The cars are always secondary to you...

Nice of you to join in Sloryde.... ;) I'm the same way, I keep my mouth shut unless I really have something to say.....

:burnout:burnout

_________________ Finish line

Andrew