NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Round 2: PJ's Engine and Tranny Install

pjrmtr

Allright people. I'd like to try for a Round #2 of getting this engine/tranny combo installed on the Vette.

Last time we stalled because the engine hoist was not large enough.

I think we got all we need now, and I reserved a larger engine hoist for rent.

How about early this Sunday (June 8th)??

Hopefully we can get it swapped before it starts getting hotter.

Who's in??

PJ

Allright, we may be re-scheduling for the weekend after.

Stay tuned...

PJ

anmracing2

Ok, it's on the calendar. Come everyone, lets see if we can get PJ's car runnin' again!!!!

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, it's on the calendar. Come everyone, lets see if we can get PJ's car runnin' again!!!!

Andrew

Engine hoist is reserved for Saturday AM, so come on down!.

Buc, do you still have that thingamajig to balance the engine while in the cherrypicker?

We'll be there around 9:00....... ish........ See ya' soon!

Andrew

Well, the old engine is out the new engine is in!!!! Yippeeeee! Now PJ just needs to get all the accessories on and tighten the bolts. Pulling the whole engine and tranny wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Thanks Phil for helping out. The extra help was needed for sure!

We were too busy working to take any pix but here is a couple with the ol' camera phone.

2601670158_c437b4b094.jpg

2601671326_5c9873b4c7.jpg

Now thats a shinny engine!!!!!

Andrew

I had fun helping out. I have never took on a project to that extent by myself. So I know it can be a major task. After you and Melissa left we bolted the engine to the motor mounts, connected the tranny to the drive shaft, and connected the crossmember to the frame and tranny. Oh we also put the Distributor back in.

PJ, don't forget to tighten the 2 bolts on the u-joints on the top you could not reach yesterday.

It looks like it will be a great car once it is complete.

Phil... :devil

Allright!. Engine and Transmission are in now. Like Andrew says, there's more work to be done, but at least the heavy lifting part is done. Thanks for coming over and helping out. I'll keep you all posted on what comes next.

Here are some pics of the intrepid crew at work...

P1020400.jpg

P1020401.jpg

P1020402.jpg

P1020403.jpg

P1020409.jpg

P1020407.jpg

Sorry I couldn't make it this time, we were swamped with work and had to get the backlog of orders out. Looks like you all made some good progress on the remove and install. :rockon2: So when are you going to fire that bad boy up? :bowtie

Nice job, I know when we did Bryan's install, it went in a lot easier than we thought it would. Sorry I could make it also, moved furniture all day. Installing a motor would have been a lot more fun!