NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Dream Carz of Arizona Car Audio show

BlakMajik

Ever wonder how loud your stereo really was??? Well with the help of USACi, Dream Carz of Arizona is holding a sound pressure level (SPL) competition. (Think of it as a dyno for your stereo) It will be held on June 8th at our facility. We will be grilling out some hot dogs and burgers. Have some speaker displays and a simple low cost system demonstration. So if you want to give it a shot, the entry fee is $30.00. Registration starts at 10:00 am with the metering starting at noon.

Hope to see you all there.

21618 N. 9th Ave Ste I

Phoenix, AZ 85027

623-780-5931

George

Marana Rich

Hey Big Poppy, sounds like something right up your amplifier.

Ya, sounds like a good time... While my stereo is loud, it's nowhere near compeition level. Plus, as far as DB compettion goes, I built it all wrong. I built the boxes for musical accuracy and quick punchy bass that you can feel. I'll see what it'll do, but with the sealed boxes I don't hold dreams of high numbers. My Civic turned 139 db, but I built it for loud bass.

car022606021.jpg

Either way, Ya I'll try to make that. I should be in town that weekend...

Desertdawg

I put it on my calendar, but I'm not sure I can make it yet....

anmracing2

Oops, I forgot to tell ya', I put it on the ACE calendar too....

Andrew

Thanks, also I forgot to mention. There are different classes so it makes it fair to everyone involved. If you have a couple speakers in your trunk, you won't go against anyone who would have a wall of speakers.

:cheers

Oops, I forgot to tell ya', I put it on the ACE calendar too....

Andrew

I decided to search and see what some people are doing with their audio systems......

Can you say "Slight Overkill?" Crank up alittle Priest or Maiden while droppin Grandma off to get her hair done :rockon2:

Can't forget the Babes!

How many cars you figure you'll have entered?

Outta town... oh well next time. I think it be fun just to go and see all the goodies and to talk new amp rack!

Being this is the first one we have held. There is no telling. So I have been trying to get the word out. Usually I have seen around 20-25 at other shows. So we'll shoot for that.

How many cars you figure you'll have entered?

Pete and I will follow big poppa... 10am means we have to leave at 7am...YEAHHHH MORNINGS!!!!

nice...

Yeah.

Andrew

.... is this an attempt to up your post counts guys? ? ? ?

Pete just clay bar and waxed his car ... Ready to bug it up to Phoenix!! LOL.

BTW, I had every plan on leaving 930 ish. Nothing happens at 7.

BTW, I had every plan on leaving 930 ish. Nothing happens at 7.

we will be a little late in that case... you sure you wanna wait that long?

Well I am officially SUN BURNT...

Big Poppa...congrats on 3rd place!

George...good times, just let me know when you are going to deliver that yellow Ferrari to my house.

I want to personally thank everyone who showed up. I think the crowd thought it was cool to see vettes getting in on the action and they were definitely watching you all roll out and displaying some horsepower. I promise I'll have my vette there for viewing next time.

Ummm, let's see when can I get the ferrari there......... my appointment book is full, sorry LOL!!

Big Poppa, gotta hand it to you. You brought home hardware in your regular class competition and almost did it in consistency too. Not bad for a rookie J/K.

Oh, the donations from the cookout brought 51.00 to the softball team we are supporting. That will help them out with the tournament fees in the future.

Again, thanks for coming out and I know it was a long drive for some of you and it gave me a chance to meet you all as well.

:cheers

Thank you for the invite George. Good times. I fully didn't expect to go home with a trophy, third place as it is. And to think I almost won the consistency round off of pure dumb luck, emphasis on the dumb....

But again, thank you, I think we all had fun.

Desertdawg

Congrats Chris!!!! :banannasword:

Good to hear it was a cool event, maybe we can do another one later in the year???

I took a couple of calls at work and didn't have time to attend.

I have already gotten requests to do another one later on. Being that the World Finals is in November, I was thinking of doing one about a month before since it would probably be cooler as well.