"VAD" Vettes After Dark 4/26/08 @ 6PM - Pete & Christine's House

Christine

Rock on, looks like a good turn out, I really wish I could have been there. I'm gonna go to Corvettes of Houston tomorrow to make up for it though. Whose Stupid Duty is that? Dad?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christine

• Big Poppa

• jagoff

• Marana Rich

Rock on, looks like a good turn out, I really wish I could have been there. I'm gonna go to Corvettes of Houston tomorrow to make up for it though. Whose Stupid Duty is that? Dad?

Yup that was my dad's...Pete felt it was appropriate to park him on the rocks! He ended up being the grill-master! You missed out Chris, but I am sure we will have another VAD like this again some day.

Marana Rich

Hi all, thanks Pete & Christine for a great time. Good food, great friends, like any VAD event. As ordered by big poopy, I am trying to attach my attempts at photography, as all other cameras seemed to stay hidden last evening.

The ride home was WAY more uneventful that the ride there, but it took us a lot longer, we made a few stops along the way. I don't have any carbon in my engine for sure. John Strutt, check the PM.

We stopped and fed the ostrich, deer, emu, ass, and birds at Rooster Cogburn's. I will post them later, wanted to get these out first.

Hey Mike, NAS CAR for ever!! Who shines that rascal for you?

Keith, I want to see and hear some proof when you get that rascal running.

Christine, nice family! Think dad is going to go Vette shopping? Neat ACE items!

See you all at the next fling.

Pete & Christine House Warming

Great pictures as always Rich, thanks for posting them...

P4260260.jpg

Pete's camera was broken.... What makes me think that the last picture that camera took looked exactly like the one above? And then it killed itself.

All those pictures and no shots of our host, hostess, or grille master in action?

I'm still jealous I wasn't there....

Guest c3keith
Hi all, thanks Pete & Christine for a great time. Good food, great friends, like any VAD event. As ordered by big poopy, I am trying to attach my attempts at photography, as all other cameras seemed to stay hidden last evening.

The ride home was WAY more uneventful that the ride there, but it took us a lot longer, we made a few stops along the way. I don't have any carbon in my engine for sure. John Strutt, check the PM.

We stopped and fed the ostrich, deer, emu, ass, and birds at Rooster Cogburn's. I will post them later, wanted to get these out first.

Hey Mike, NAS CAR for ever!! Who shines that rascal for you?

Keith, I want to see and hear some proof when you get that rascal running.

Christine, nice family! Think dad is going to go Vette shopping? Neat ACE items!

See you all at the next fling.

Pete & Christine House Warming

Trust me, I'll be giving you an earful later this week!

Guest RojoSi5

Pete and Christine

Thank you for the warm welcome; I know most of our vette friends in Tucson thought we traveled a long way for a party, but we in Yuma need to rub elbows every now and then with our ACE family on the other side.

RojoSi5 needed an outing and a good blowing out. Like YumaRich said, she has no carbon lift in her either. We had a fun ride coming going over and coming back, with the man above watching over us.

Thanks again for good food and good friends.

:happybday again to you Pete

Janie & Malcolm

Marana Rich
Hey Dawg! That was some freeky picture in your post, was that like the missing link or something? WOW! :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Mike, I am at work and can't see the pictures, but I think that was the one Duane (Maria's husband) stuck his face in when I was shooting something else. Just my way of getting back.

My God I think your right Rich! Gave me the shivers! :smilelol:smilelol Great that you and your friends came to the VAD, good seeing you all.

Marana Rich

quote]All those pictures and no shots of our host, hostess, or grille master in action?

All those pictures and no shots of our host, hostess, or grille master in action?

Hey those folks are on something. They didn't sit or stand still the whole night, taking care of everyone. When I did have my camera, they weren't in sight. Sorry dude, but I drove a long way and I was hungry. Washing all of those bugs off the car worked up an appetite. And not for bugs.

smirk.gif Well as long as we served everyone good and satisfied the bellies I am not worried about having my picture taken! Chris just missed out...shoulda came to the bbq...stupid texas! hehehe.

Guest lovinglife

:partyspin: Pete & Christine, thank you so much for opening up your house to us! We had a great time, :partygrnhat: the food was great and as usual fun people and shiny corvettes!

Bob & Avon

Marana Rich

I downloaded the pictures again, in larger size. And redid the slide show, so take your pick, but it should be a lot easier on the eyes. The pictures look a lot better viewing them full size. If anyone wants the full size (2048x1536), I can do that.

CorvetteGrammy

Hi Christine....I want to thank you and Pete for your hospitality....sorry it took this long but the "Thing" (Duane in Rich's Picture) and I were in Bisbee.... it was fun meeting your dad and his fiancee....and it was great to see everyone....Again, thanks, Maria