NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Bloomington Gold Tours, June 5-7

Malcolm

Pat and I just decided to send in our registration for the Corvette n America tour this year. We did it last year and it was a lot of fun. This year's event starts in Laughlin, Nevada on Thursday night 6/5. On Friday 6/6, the group of about 200 Corvettes will make the historic drive down what's left of Route 66. The day ends in Flagstaff. Saturday activities include a car show and evening awards ceremony and guest speaker.

Who else is planning on attending this year?

Malcolm

PS - here's the link: http://www.corvette-n-america.com/

Marana Rich

Add Yuma Rich and Esther to the list.

Somebody must be bringing the Jack Daniels. I have some good Irish whiskey and 18 yr old Scotch to drink while enjoying the view in Laughlin.

Merged the two threads. Sorry Malcolm, I seemed to have lost your topic but saved the post.

Merged the two threads. Sorry Malcolm, I seemed to have lost your topic but saved the post.

No problem, it's the same thing. Thanks!!

Guest RojoSi5

Malcolm and I will be there, it will be our third year. I know this year will be as much of a blast as the past years.

Janie

Recently retired GM Corvette Plant Manager Wil Cooksey will attend and lead the procession: Linky

Wish I could go....somebody take lots of pix!

Recently retired GM Corvette Plant Manager Wil Cooksey will attend and lead the procession: Linky

Maybe we can get him to demonstrate how to do a burnout! Malcolm, can we borrow your car for a few minutes?

Maybe we can get him to demonstrate how to do a burnout! Malcolm, can we borrow your car for a few minutes?

Well, my first response was going to be SURE, as long as your rear tires are on it. But then I remembered seeing that video last year and the fact that he trashed the rear of the car when the tire came apart....... I'll pass. In fact, maybe I'll consider chipping in for tires to let him do it with your car. :burnout Besides, everyone knows black cars do the best burn outs :black vette:

:banannasword:

Marana Rich

It should be noted that the Corvette Club with the most participants gets $500. Last year a TEXAS club won, and that's embarassing...

• 2 weeks later...
ZO6vette037

As soon as I get back to the AZ i got to put in for some leave but the wife and I are planning on it. I need a vaction! What better way to have one then with vettes and some good people.

• 1 month later...
It should be noted that the Corvette Club with the most participants gets $500. Last year a TEXAS club won, and that's embarassing...

Pat and I are heading up to Laughlin tomorrow for the Bloomington Gold Corvette n America tour. I know of only 4 cars coming from ACE. I agree with Rich's "embarassing" comment above. The Lone Star Corvette from the Dallas area had something like 20-25 cars there last year and I'm sure will again this year. I don't know why so few ACE people get involved - - it's basically a 3 day Corvette party - - 200-250 cars, car show, cruise RT 66, awards banquet with Wil Cooksey as guest speaker car show, etc.... The fee is not that bad (less than $400 per couple) plus a couple nights hotel (Laughlin and Flagstaff).

You're missing a great time!

Malcolm

Marana Rich

Well, we went on this tour, and I thought it was great. We hooked up with Jason & Elizabeth, and Malcolm & Pat in Laughlin. Janie & Malcolm, Duane & June, and Esther and I made it. Jason was recognized by the tour organizers during the reception for just returning from Iraq, and got a standing ovation from the room. Made the heart beat a little faster for sure.

I dropped my camera and broke it, so lucky I had a backup. Pictures aren't quite in sequence yet, I will have to renumber them all. I thought until I did that, you could look at what I did take.

Friday morning we drove from Laughlin to Kingman, and they lined us up in four rows right down the start of route 66.

We took off, and had a leisurely run, stopping at the small towns along the way. We had great traffic coordinators, they had us lined up down the main street of Seligman, then on to Williams and we lined up on Main street there also.

Got to Flagstaff late afternoon, in time to get the car washed, cause I killed a lot of bugs coming from Yuma.

Saturday was show & shine at center of Flagstaff. I got some pictures of cars, but mostly ours, except for the unique license plates. Some may seem real familiar, one in particular.

Saturday evening was awards and guest speaker, Will Cooksey, who just retired as the Corvette Plant Manager, and operator of that now-famouse corvette burn-out at Carlisle. He admitted that the car was slightly modified to let him do that. Jason got him to autograph the inside of his hood during the showo and shine on Saturday.

We took a side trip to Sedona down the winding road Saturday afternoon. Thanks Malcolm for suggesting that and leading us. You can see from the last pictures I think, that the main road through Sedona is being worked on.

Route 66 Tour

ZO6vette037

Sorry Rich I have been busy this week with work. I will try to get the pics up this weekend.

Very Cool pics. Thanks for sharing. Maybe next year I will go to this thing.

fyi - the Unofficial Corvette Club out of the Phoenix area had the most cars there and won the prize - - - I think it was $500, Rich, do you remember how many cars? Something like 12 or 13?

Malcolm

Nice pictures Rich.

Only 12 or 13 cars to win. We have to look more at this next year if it happens again. We could have a great showing like the Father's day cruise coming up this weekend.