NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Meeting spot for those going to Tucson BBQ from Phoenix

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

Ok, I guess we should have a meeting spot for those of us from the Phoenix area heading on down so we can be together. Lets all meet at the AZ Mills Mall again on the east side by El Pollo Loco. We need to be there by 1030, so lets leave here by 0915 because of traffic. Sound like a plan?????

E~

Guest racingchester

I maybe going down Friday but if not will go with you guys. (If I can keep up) Oh yah we slow traffic down don't we...............

I maybe going down Friday but if not will go with you guys. (If I can keep up) Oh yah we slow traffic down don't we...............

You did not have to go there. :lol:bolt:

How long does it take to get to this place for NORMAL drivers? :smilelol :smilelol

I might be able to make the meeting time. I get home from work at 7:30, get cleaned up, get the wife up???!! Yeah, I might be able get there in time.

I would only hope they dont have the freeways so screwed up

the west side cant get there from here or some such like last year..

..what a goat rope that was tryin to even get to Tempe!

..it was almost funny.

*almost*

-grin-

-Frank

Ya, it's the freeway HERE that's all effed up this year. Remember all that when you roll into Tucson, you MUST exit at the Prince Rd exit, or it will lock you in to the freeway all the way through town.

I would recommend exiting the freeway at the Prince Rd exit, and follow the frontage rd all the way to Grant Rd. You'll go through the lights at Prince, Miracle Mile, a stupid little trucks entering light, and then the next is Grant Rd., where you'll turn left. Go through the light at Fairview, and then the next light is Oracle. Turn right, and the Elks lodge is about a half mile or so on your left. You may have to do a U-turn to get there, I don't remember.... If you make it to the next stop light at Drachman, you have gone too far.

Robert and Elizabeth
Ya, it's the freeway HERE that's all effed up this year. Remember all that when you roll into Tucson, you MUST exit at the Prince Rd exit, or it will lock you in to the freeway all the way through town.

I would recommend exiting the freeway at the Prince Rd exit, and follow the frontage rd all the way to Grant Rd. You'll go through the lights at Prince, Miracle Mile, a stupid little trucks entering light, and then the next is Grant Rd., where you'll turn left. Go through the light at Fairview, and then the next light is Oracle. Turn right, and the Elks lodge is about a half mile or so on your left. You may have to do a U-turn to get there, I don't remember.... If you make it to the next stop light at Drachman, you have gone too far.

Thanks Chris for the heads up. We would not have known that and probably ended up somewhere near Albuquerque!

Marana Rich
I would only hope they dont have the freeways so screwed up

the west side cant get there from here or some such like last year..

..what a goat rope that was tryin to even get to Tempe!

..it was almost funny.

*almost*

-grin-

-Frank

Frank, last weekend there was construction on a 10-mile stretch of I-10 west of Phoenix, with only one lane in each direction. It took me five hours to get home, normally less than 3 hours. You might want to check to see about avoiding that.

please let me know what time you plan on buzzing thru Casa Grande so I can join the posse. I can meet up with you just north of 387 at the reststop, so as not to delay the journey. Thanks

please let me know what time you plan on buzzing thru Casa Grande so I can join the posse. I can meet up with you just north of 387 at the reststop, so as not to delay the journey. Thanks

Well, you could get there before we do and then when you see us passing by, just floor it and try and catch up!!! :burnout

Seriously though, I don't know for sure when we are going to be passing. That would be up to the experts that know how long it takes to get there. :unsure That sounds like a good place to meet up though.

PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call when we're 20 minutes away or so.

:burnout2