“Vetts and Jets” Car Show any date yet?

Don&Patty

Any body know if the “Vetts and Jets” car show at the Pina Air Museum is going to be held this year? I really enjoyed it last year.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

8:00 AM - 3:30 PM

There are two clubs invited TCC and SDC, 25 cars each. If there will be any open spots from one club or the other, and you would like to show your car, I will let you know. Its almost always full though!

I'll go to this one. It's on a Sunday even. I'm putting it on my own calender so I don't forget. Never heard of this one. Should be cool.

Just out of curiosity, is it called Vettes and Jets or Vettes for Vets? I thought I heard the second name used but maybe that is a different show?

Andrew

im not really sure how we would sign up for this.... it isnt listed on the Pima air and space museum calendar... any help?

I was just going to go down and have a look around. Didn't plan on signing up. If we can, might be something to look into.

I was just going to go down and have a look around. Didn't plan on signing up. If we can, might be something to look into.

I just got off the phone with the guy who runs the show. He said that there is a meeting on next tuesday to organise the show, and he will call me back with info about our club being a part of it. ill keep everyone posted.

I just got off the phone with the guy who runs the show. He said that there is a meeting on next tuesday to organise the show, and he will call me back with info about our club being a part of it. ill keep everyone posted.

Thanks for keeping us updated. It does sound real interesting.

Thanks for the update. It's really a nice show.

No call as of yet from Pima... One of the car clubs invited emailed me and said it cost money to be in their club, and its likely im not going to get a spot. What a load of crap. Its not like any corvette is better than any other corvette. We all love our cars the same. Not fair IMO!!!!!! :bs

Hey Pete, the two clubs invited are limited to 25 cars each. They are obligated to accept club members first. It really has nothing to do with one Vette vs. another. The event fills up very quickly because it is inside, a good venue, etc. Pima is considering moving the event to a different hanger, ( the new one with the SR-71), it would be great if you could politic with the museum to allow ACE in as well. Its not like they won't have the room in the bigger hanger.

Hey Pete, the two clubs invited are limited to 25 cars each. They are obligated to accept club members first. It really has nothing to do with one Vette vs. another. The event fills up very quickly because it is inside, a good venue, etc. Pima is considering moving the event to a different hanger, ( the new one with the SR-71), it would be great if you could politic with the museum to allow ACE in as well. Its not like they won't have the room in the bigger hanger.

so, i made a few phone calls and well see where it goes from there. The two clubs involved may have an agreement with the museum that their clubs have exclusive rights to display at the show... so the museum may not be able to let us, but i should have an answer on Friday from the Exec. Director. I will let everyone know as soon as i find out.

It its limited to just the two clubs I wonder how I got in last year? Guess maybe they were short cars, I do remember there being an entry form and fee.

It its limited to just the two clubs I wonder how I got in last year? Guess maybe they were short cars, I do remember there being an entry form and fee.

still no rerly as of yet, ill work on it today again.

Speedratchet

We had issues last year, so they might not open it up for other clubs this year.

We had issues last year, so they might not open it up for other clubs this year.

Ok i just got the call. were in the car show. im still waiting to see how many slots were gonna get but were gonna be in the show. ill probably know tomorrow.

Ok i just got the call. were in the car show. im still waiting to see how many slots were gonna get but were gonna be in the show. ill probably know tomorrow.

This is on a Sunday, right??? I'm in, I'm in, I'm in. Hold a slot for me.

GunControl.gif

This is on a Sunday, right??? I'm in, I'm in, I'm in. Hold a slot for me.

GunControl.gif

YOU GOT IT!

• 2 weeks later...
One of the car clubs invited emailed me and said it cost money to be in their club,

You could always send us the money, we will tell you were to park... :lol

It's still amazing that you HAVE to pay to be a member of a club, heck we've been doing this for about 9 years now and never charged a dime to join.

We solicited for donations once or twice but your membership didn't hinge on weather or not you donated.

Everyone has the same footing around here, if you want to setup a cruise or other event, GO FOR IT!

No one is going to tell you we need to have a meeting to decide if your going to be allowed to do what you want.

Ain't :ACE: great!!!

BTW. if they do decide to let us in then that's really COOL!!! Be sure to wear your ACE shirt.

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE GENERAL EVENTS SECTION!!!!! sorry for the confusion guys, i dropped the ball on posting the move in this thread.

:bolt: