NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Under the knife

Loud Pedal

Thanks Phil, I'll to do that. Glenn, do you want to chime in here? PM sent

Today is the big day! I think I'm more excited than when I first bought the car!! :partydance::rockon2: I'll have to see how the clutch works out for me, but I can't see any harm in doing some laps on the track Friday. :driving: It's not like I'll be power shifting or doing timed runs.

Hi Jason, is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? How bout now? Is it ready now? :lol

I have some pics but can't find the %@#$ cable for my camera to download 'em. I'll post some when I do.

Woooooooooohahaha...

Yeah. I've been hanging in the garage with Jenna all night. I think I started it about a half dozen times just to hear it rumble. <sorry neighbors>

The drive home was on surface streets with a lot of stop and go. Perfect for welcoming that clutch to it's new home. I was surprised at how well mannered it really is. Chatter, sure. On/Off, yeah a bit. Streetable... totally.

She chunks like I hoped and is very well behaved over about 1400. The loud pedal is a whole new experience with those stickies on the back and the newfound ooompfh. Holy mother of %@#$@. :D

The crew at Xtreme stayed late to make sure everything was done and done right. They even waited for the marathon dyno dude to finish up just to turn the screws and lower her down a bit. Hats off to Jason, Darrell, NicD and all the guys that made my baby ROAR. What a class act! Huge thanks!

Gonna rest up and hit dyno day tomorrow to hook up with Ken and crew.

Dave

congrats on the new mods. Sounds like you got everything you were hoping for i'm sure you were missing not having her in the garage. Now get out there and have some fun with her. :burnout

:3gears:

Glad you got her home I got a txt from a friend of mine last night asking if I knew a black vette with the plate EUDLOSE on it headed for QC. I said yeah I know that car he said it sounds bitchin!

Make sure you break that clutch in before you go dynoing it and such plus we still need to get the final tune in her on the rollers.

Thanks

Jason

Jason has some R6s on the way for me as well. How do you like them so far?

Did you get any sort of hookup on the Nitto Invo tires? I think I want to run those up front as well.

Jason has some R6s on the way for me as well. How do you like them so far?

Did you get any sort of hookup on the Nitto Invo tires? I think I want to run those up front as well.

I'm still breaking in my clutch, so I haven't pounded them too hard. But I have had a couple spurts in second and they just STICK where the F1s would have given up.

Between the R6s and the Invos, road noise is now non-existant. It rides and corners a million times better too. Highly recommended setup.

Andrew hooked me up on the Invos through discount. Give him a PM.

Robert and Elizabeth

Man, we are so glad you are happy with your "new" baby's personality. Congrats!!

i'm very intersted in seeing how that clutch works dave, its about that time for me to do mine and I've been leaning torward the textralia, which one did you put in the z?

i'm very intersted in seeing how that clutch works dave, its about that time for me to do mine and I've been leaning torward the textralia, which one did you put in the z?

I went with the Textralia Exo skel. So far I am very pleased with it. Pedal pressure is slightly higher, but not bad at all. I'm still breaking it in so I have some chatter from a stop that I'm sure will fade or go away, but otherwise shifts very nicely.

LOL! Holy smokers! That sounds SICK.

No, it's far better mannered than that. Just a little rumbling. :P

So Feb 15th in goes:

• Custom Cam
  • Comp 921 Spring Kit with seats, seals, and titanium lock retainers
  • Comp push rods
  • Ported manifold
  • Kooks Headers w/ high flow cats
  • SPEC dual disc clutch
  • Tune by Nic

Already has the killer bee intake and Z06 fusion exhaust. Holy smokes, this is gonna be fun! :burnout

Jason at Xtreme is doing the work on her. :)

I thinking about have Jason doing the same to my ZO6, I would have everything you have minus the intake and my exhaust would be Corsa. I am not questioning his work, but more importantly are you happy with the mods??

So Feb 15th in goes:

• Custom Cam
  • Comp push rods
  • Ported manifold
  • SPEC dual disc clutch
  • Tune by Nic

Already has the killer bee intake and Z06 fusion exhaust. Holy smokes, this is gonna be fun! :burnout

I thinking about have Jason doing the same to my ZO6, I would have everything you have minus the intake and my exhaust would be Corsa. I am not questioning his work, but more importantly are you happy with the mods??

post-771-1204739512.jpg

So Feb 15th in goes:

• Custom Cam
  • Comp push rods
  • Ported manifold
  • SPEC dual disc clutch
  • Tune by Nic

I am totally happy with the outcome. She's a bit of a bucking bronco in a tight parking lot, but it is a small price to pay.

Is your Z a C6? From what I understand the intake porting has a big effect on driveability. Not sure if this applies to the C5 though.

Not as much on a C5, with the C5's we will either do an Ls2 intake or FAST intake and 90mm TB depending on what the person wants to do, the Ls7 cars though make a BIG difference in how it drives.

I went with the Textralia Exo skel. So far I am very pleased with it. Pedal pressure is slightly higher, but not bad at all. I'm still breaking it in so I have some chatter from a stop that I'm sure will fade or go away, but otherwise shifts very nicely.

So the exo-skel is the twin disc right? Isnt that a bit over kill, from what Ive read on cf and folks Ive talked to on there they say the oz-700 is fine for upwards of 700 or so hp. Just wondering why you decided to go that route its a decision I'm going to have to make sooner or later, did someone sugest you needed a twin disc, do you plan on racing it or going over that hp range?

So the exo-skel is the twin disc right? Isnt that a bit over kill, from what Ive read on cf and folks Ive talked to on there they say the oz-700 is fine for upwards of 700 or so hp. Just wondering why you decided to go that route its a decision I'm going to have to make sooner or later, did someone sugest you needed a twin disc, do you plan on racing it or going over that hp range?

Yeah, its the twin disc. R&E advised me that they were slipping their stock clutch at a similar horsepower ( about 600 ). I saved a few bones by doing it while it was torn down and did it primarily for future proofing. I also plan on doing a few passes with stickies on it which is a recipe for smoking the stock clutch. The other upside is the pedal travel is greatly reduced, which is great for road racing. I can shift with less than an inch of pedal now. It's pretty cool but takes some retraining. The last 5 inches of clutch are useless.

So Feb 15th in goes:

• Custom Cam
  • Comp push rods
  • Ported manifold
  • SPEC dual disc clutch
  • Tune by Nic

I am totally happy with the outcome. She's a bit of a bucking bronco in a tight parking lot, but it is a small price to pay.

Is your Z a C6? From what I understand the intake porting has a big effect on driveability. Not sure if this applies to the C5 though.

Mine is a C5, thanks for the info