NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Short notice: Speedworld this Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

MOTV8

I went today and am pretty disappointed in my 08 Z06. My best time was a 12:05 @ 121mph! I thought these things were mid to low 11's???

I'm thinking this Ranger guy that runs 10's with a bone stock Z06 is honestly the best drag racer on the planet! He should be making millions from sponsers by now!

Saw you out there. Love your Z06. With tires and more seat time 11s are no problem. I ran Steves C5 Z06 a couple passes. I need to get another fast car soon before I go crazy. Thanks again Steve I had a blast. It tied me over for a little lol.

I've heard that Speedworld is notoriously slippery in the first 60'. We are also at about 1300' altitude out there. You would have to make a correction for sea level times, right?

On a well prepped track at sea level, you should be several tenths quicker, no?

I've heard that Speedworld is notoriously slippery in the first 60'.

No SHEIT! I've got video to prove it! :toetap

Don't feel bad Eddie, the tech guy out there was telling me he's seen quite a few 'vettes have "issues" there...at least all you scratched was a little pride.

WTG Tim! Sunnie sure looks good, as usual. :thumbs

Good driving Steve, way to show 'em how it's done. :3gears:

I went today and am pretty disappointed in my 08 Z06. My best time was a 12:05 @ 121mph! I thought these things were mid to low 11's???

I'm thinking this Ranger guy that runs 10's with a bone stock Z06 is honestly the best drag racer on the planet! He should be making millions from sponsers by now!

Mike,

Your mph says the car is capable of 11 sec runs!! Let me guess, your 60' was 2.0 something?? Don't blame the car!!

Comparing times here to what those guys run on the East coast isn't logical!!

Those times are with -1000 DA!! Track prep is pristine and these guys have 1000+ cumlative 1/4 mile runs!!

If you get +2500 DA here you are doing great!!

Quit playing numbers and enjoy the car!!

A Z06 is not a drag car!!

Join us at Firebird's west track on Fri Feb 29th and find out what the Z06 was built to do!!

Ken

Sounds like a great time and some great times...... I wish we coulda' gone but I didn't even see this thread, bummer....

Maybe next time...

Andrew

Well come to find out, stupid me and my idea of shifting the car at 6,200 RPM wasn't too intelligent, not to mention I didn't let any air out of the tires. I think my next time out I should be a few tenths to a half a second quicker.

Thanx for the support and comments guys. :peace: