NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Suggestions We need to get a local event going

Jester

I noticed a car sshow at teh Chuy's out on Houghton a couple weekends ago....big parking lot, mostly empty businesses

still.... :partydance:

Robert and Elizabeth
I could always organize something and lead everyone there!!! :bolt:

Organize something yes, lead them there.... Bad Dawg!

Robert and Elizabeth

Ok, here is a suggestion.... How about a day trip to Bisbee? I've never been there and was wondering if that may be a fun trip.

Bisbee! Is that by Duncun???

You can get to Bisbee going through Duncan, but you have to go to New Mexico first. :banannasword:

Bad joke I guess :banannarainbow:

Phil... :devil

Well, if we follow Dawg, we can play the slots in Vegas, see the slickrock of Moab, visit the courthouse in Mesilla where Billy the kid was charged, and Bisbee will remain a good idea as we'll never make it there. I gotta charge up my gas card...

Well, if we follow Dawg, we can play the slots in Vegas, see the slickrock of Moab, visit the courthouse in Mesilla where Billy the kid was charged, and Bisbee will remain a good idea as we'll never make it there. I gotta charge up my gas card...

bwahahaahahah

In all seriousness though... If we met up in Tucson, and drove south through Sonoita, then east across to Tombstone, and south to Bisbee, it's a decent drive (lotsa twisties). We can then return north through St. David and Benson. St. David is beautiful, Benson... not so much. I'd draw up a mapquest thingie, but I'm a bit on the lazy side at the moment,and the boss is walking around... I know, letting work get in the way of Corvette stuff, but....

Been wanting to make that run for a while.

Think we've had something similar set up a couple of times, but the weather didn't cooperate.

Pick a Sat, meet at the Shell, make the run...

<psst, someone tell Dawg we'll need a tail spotter> :3gears:

The word of the day is GPS ! Bisbee sounds like a great run to go on. Any feelings on when we would want to set this up for ? I'm getting sick of sitting around and getting old and moldie

The word of the day is GPS ! Bisbee sounds like a great run to go on. Any feelings on when we would want to set this up for ? I'm getting sick of sitting around and getting old and moldie
Hell, that's all I've been doing for a long time now....teh damn blood pressure meds teh doc has me on (6) have been

putting my d*ck in teh dirt, but I guess it beats teh alternative....

Robert and Elizabeth

How about Jan. 19 or 26? Jan 6 is ACE's monthly lunch and Jan 12 is ACE Dyno Day. Feb 2 will be the next ACE monthly lunch unless we do it that day and make the Bisbee run the monthly lunch.

I'm in for the 19th.... I just drove through that area today in my dually with my 26' enclosed trailer. Not the same, but still a neat drive. Just got my clutch done about an hour ago, along with the 4.10 gears, so I'm lookin for an excuse to go tear it up....

Robert and Elizabeth

Ok, the 19th it is. I will put this in the main events section and pin it. Hopefully one of our admins will join this link up with it so we don't have 2 threads on it. I will start the list going also. Someone will need to post up where (address) the Phoenix crowd will meet the Tucson crowd (Shell station?).

E~

Ok, the 19th it is. I will put this in the main events section and pin it. Hopefully one of our admins will join this link up with it so we don't have 2 threads on it. I will start the list going also. Someone will need to post up where (address) the Phoenix crowd will meet the Tucson crowd (Shell station?).

E~

Eh, pick a Shell, any Shell... We'll find ya sooner or later.

I assume that the Shell station in question is the one off I-10 at Wilmot. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) You'll want to go through Tucson and almost out the other end. In the new construction zone that we all love here, stay to the left as you enter the city, and it will lock you into the freeway all the way through. After the freeway returns to normalcy and turns to the east, you have another 8 or 9 miles to go. the exits go Valencia, then Kolb (TTT truckstop) and then Wilmot. As you get off the freeway, the Shell is on your right.

Robert and Elizabeth

E~

Eh, pick a Shell, any Shell... We'll find ya sooner or later.

I assume that the Shell station in question is the one off I-10 at Wilmot. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) You'll want to go through Tucson and almost out the other end. In the new construction zone that we all love here, stay to the left as you enter the city, and it will lock you into the freeway all the way through. After the freeway returns to normalcy and turns to the east, you have another 8 or 9 miles to go. the exits go Valencia, then Kolb (TTT truckstop) and then Wilmot. As you get off the freeway, the Shell is on your right.

We'll meet there. I remember that as a previous meeting stop when we went on the Tombstone run. Great directions Chris!! :thumbs