NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Another corvette sunday

jmartin

Anybody up for another corvette sunday? Well my powder coated calipers came in last monday so I asked tim (p51tj) if he'd give me a hand and he said "lets do it"! So if anyone would like to come on by and watch and point or laugh and take pics anybodys welcome. Were thinking around 9ish till when ever were done the address is 221 w michigan ave its just south of union hills a few blocks and the best way to get here is from central and turn on villa maria or villa rita depending on if your comng from bell or union hills then head west to 2nd ave and michigan is 1 blk over. Bring a chair and any special refreshments youd like and join in the fun! :partyspin:

I would love to...but if you're talking tomorrow...the 11th, no can do. Will be at PIR. Next weekend I think I might be able to manage though. Have to check with the wife when I wake her up to make sure nothing is scheduled.

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert has a lot of reading to catch up on so we will not be able to make it this time. Bummer!

Make sure there will be lots of pix and pointing, eh?

If it was next Sunday we could change the rotors on mine..........

Well, come by and practice on Jack's and then we can do yours next week.

Well my powder coated calipers came in last monday so I asked tim (p51tj) if he'd give me a hand and he said "lets do it"!

I said WHAT??? :lol j/k

Another successful corvette sunday :thumbs Thanks to eddie for the extra set of jack stands (I'll get em back to you asap) Andrew and m~ for runnin to ace hardware to replace the broken bolt I over torqued and especially tim for getin greasy and lending a big helpful hand (ah hell whom I kiddin you did most of the work). Really though guys thanks a million I couldnt have done it with out ya's. I owe you guys one!!!!!! I'll post up some pics when I get a chance to down load em for now the wife and kids are screaming for some attention so I'll get to it later tonight.......... :3gears:

The new calipers look great and the install went pretty smooth once we got over the first snafu. I guess there really is a reason bolts have torque values!!! :lol Thanks to Andrew for going and finding a usable bolt on a Sunday, and of all places, ACE was the place! And thanks for leaving the "bonus" behind while you were gone... ;) Having the car off all 4's really speed the process, THX Eddie! From there smooth sailing until it was time to bleed the rears....Jack's car is a manual not an auto, so there are 2 pedals to choose from...not one!!! :smilelol I guess the clutch is bleed now??? Overall no blood spilled, 2 bruises, 3 minor cuts, and 4 happy DSOM calipers!!!

Thanks also to Momma Martin and kids for keeping me refreshed and entertained!!!

The new calipers look great and the install went pretty smooth once we got over the first snafu. I guess there really is a reason bolts have torque values!!! :lol Thanks to Andrew for going and finding a usable bolt on a Sunday, and of all places, ACE was the place! And thanks for leaving the "bonus" behind while you were gone... ;) Having the car off all 4's really speed the process, THX Eddie! From there smooth sailing until it was time to bleed the rears....Jack's car is a manual not an auto, so there are 2 pedals to choose from...not one!!! :smilelol I guess the clutch is bleed now??? Overall no blood spilled, 2 bruises, 3 minor cuts, and 4 happy DSOM calipers!!!

Thanks also to Momma Martin and kids for keeping me refreshed and entertained!!!

So the brake bleeding went well? I know you had trouble with yours a few months back.

Here's a couple of pics we didnt get much before the battery died on the camera so theres a few before's and after's.

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

DSC01871.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

Great job Tim & Jack! Those sure are pretty!!! I'm glad it went smoothly once the first was done. :partydance:

M~

Looks like Tim is doing a fantastic job of keeping that big white box from floating away!!!

DSC01874.jpg