NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Arizona Power & Sound

Guest beemer2k

Guest beemer2k

It appears that 'steve' on AZStreetscene.com is in full defense of Mr. O'Connor. Very interesting... If any one is interested my staff, attorney & I visited Arizona Power & Sounds former shop to recover my Z06 Corvette. The car is in pieces. We have already figured that well over $10,000 worth of parts are missing & unaccounted for not to mention over $38,000 worth of items on my AZPS invoice.

Also, for additional comfort, some of the items that we were able to recoup appear to be stolen. Namely a set of ET Performance heads that Mr. O'Connor placed in my vehicle. These heads were paid in full from me to AZPS however AZPS never paid the seller of the heads.

Again, I urge anyone with information about Mike O'Connor or Arizona Power and Sound to contact me as soon as possible. My attorney & I have begun the process of requesting criminal charges be filed against Mike O'Connor. We have received a great deal of evidence that Mr. O'Connor had intended to defraud not only myself but other customers.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• jstrutt

• Eddie44

• sandbaggersteve

So when does AZPS get tossed of this forum? Let's not leave it until a newbie gets ripped off. :toetap

Mike has his account and the AZPS account here, I won't close it incase he decides to post, I'm sure there are a few people that would love to see any kind of response from him.

And I'm sure he won't get a chance in hell of ripping off anyone else!!!

edit:

As far as we can tell Mike had only one account here, the AZPS account.

Guest LS1_LA_GTO
It appears that 'steve' on AZStreetscene.com is in full defense of Mr. O'Connor. Very interesting... If any one is interested my staff, attorney & I visited Arizona Power & Sounds former shop to recover my Z06 Corvette. The car is in pieces. We have already figured that well over $10,000 worth of parts are missing & unaccounted for not to mention over $38,000 worth of items on my AZPS invoice.

Also, for additional comfort, some of the items that we were able to recoup appear to be stolen. Namely a set of ET Performance heads that Mr. O'Connor placed in my vehicle. These heads were paid in full from me to AZPS however AZPS never paid the seller of the heads.

Again, I urge anyone with information about Mike O'Connor or Arizona Power and Sound to contact me as soon as possible. My attorney & I have begun the process of requesting criminal charges be filed against Mike O'Connor. We have received a great deal of evidence that Mr. O'Connor had intended to defraud not only myself but other customers.

You have an email....

OMG!!! I cant believe this, how can somebody disapear like that??? I hope you all who had your money and cars in there get everything back.

Terrible story....

From what I read on AZStreetScene... AZPS was not a LLC... so a lawyer is going to have a field day on Mike....

I just checked the Corporation Commission website and the name isn't even registered as incorporated.

I'm related to a good attorney if someone needs it. :D

it is not registered as an LLC - however, he is a member of MMO Distributing, LLC (courtesy of azstreetscene) but i don't seem to find anything citing a DBA - which is what would be needed for the kind protection an LLC can afford

That's just aweful. That is a HELL of a lot of dough. I might be looking to hire a guy like Dog Chapman if it were me. But of course... blood from a turnip, right? It would probably be good money after bad.

If you did pay by credit card ( and this should be a lesson to all of us ), the bank should stand behind you. In my experience dealing with disputes from shady customers is that AMEX almost always sides with the cardholder. Visa/MC lean a little more toward the merchant. :2cents

Man, I wish you luck in recovering what was stolen from you. This should be criminal.

I agree. I had a dispute with Network Alignment and AMEX reversed it right away and CITI - Visa has made us jump through Hula Hoops and at first sided with the merchant

Eddie, it's too far of a drive for you to check here. Lunch & beers ready at noon. :partydance:

Cute! :lol

The statuatory agent for MMO is listed as John O'connor at 19700 N. 76th St. Anybody know who that is? I'm assuming maybe Dad???

Guest beemer2k
That's just aweful. That is a HELL of a lot of dough. I might be looking to hire a guy like Dog Chapman if it were me. But of course... blood from a turnip, right? It would probably be good money after bad.

If you did pay by credit card ( and this should be a lesson to all of us ), the bank should stand behind you. In my experience dealing with disputes from shady customers is that AMEX almost always sides with the cardholder. Visa/MC lean a little more toward the merchant. :2cents

Man, I wish you luck in recovering what was stolen from you. This should be criminal.

I agree. I had a dispute with Network Alignment and AMEX reversed it right away and CITI - Visa has made us jump through Hula Hoops and at first sided with the merchant

No, stupid me... I paid with a corporate check... serves me right...

Well my attorney is going to have fun with this guy though. The GTO forum has a HUGE thread about how this guy has been screwing people for a few months!

"The statuatory agent for MMO is listed as John O'connor at 19700 N. 76th St. Anybody know who that is? I'm assuming maybe Dad???"

He is no longer living there if it was. I searched the Maricopa.gov website. I even looked to see if it was under another name.

212-43-527 OBRIEN TERESA L SCOTTSDALE 19700 N 76TH ST

212-43-462 ODELL DAVID A/DENISE M TR SCOTTSDALE 19700 N 76TH ST

212-43-496 OLEARCZYK DELGADO IRENA SCOTTSDALE 19700 N 76TH ST

212-43-543 ONE NINE SEVEN ZERO ZERO LLC SCOTTSDALE 19700 N 76TH ST

I cannot find anything for Mike either, was he a renter?

Guest matuszynski
I tried to warn all of you before about AZPS... but everyone thought they were the best thing since the LS1....

Sorry to hear that you lost all that $....

i agree, lots of members on this site is so pro azps. someone say anything bad about this vendor / scamer there would be 10+ members jumping in to defend these scums at azps.

i hope you get your money back.

I tried to warn all of you before about AZPS... but everyone thought they were the best thing since the LS1....

Sorry to hear that you lost all that $....

i agree, lots of members on this site is so pro azps. someone say anything bad about this vendor / scamer there would be 10+ members jumping in to defend these scums at azps.

In defense of folks here of which I'm one, Mike did good work early on. I had him do the exhaust on my C6 and he did just fine. Would I have given him an unlimited amount of cash to do work on my car....NO! I would never give any shop more than 50% up front and that would be on a credit card. I have an advantage though since I investigate fraud for a living and see stories like this everyday.

As for anyone successfully prosecuting Mike criminally, it will be a huge uphill battle. There is a fine line between poor business practices and fraud. Remember one word "INTENT". Thats what you'll have to prove. Any lawyer that tells you otherwise is just out to relieve you of more money and in my mind is as guilty as Mike himself.

Mike opened his shop and held a real fun open house, he was answering all the questions on our forum and helping ACE members all the time, what was the problem with defending him?

Sure time changes everything, but from the begining he was a good person to be friends with. Now if I had a crystal ball back then, and could have told you this was going to happen would you believe me?

Go to any forum and look at the members supporting the local shops, if one of them folded like this would you still show up pointing fingers at them???

I'm not defending Mike, I was just a little surprised that you showed up and started pointing fingers at us for supporting him in the past!

Guest matuszynski

Mike opened his shop and held a real fun open house, he was answering all the questions on our forum and helping ACE members all the time, what was the problem with defending him?

Sure time changes everything, but from the begining he was a good person to be friends with. Now if I had a crystal ball back then, and could have told you this was going to happen would you believe me?

Go to any forum and look at the members supporting the local shops, if one of them folded like this would you still show up pointing fingers at them???

I'm not defending Mike, I was just a little surprised that you showed up and started pointing fingers at us for supporting him in the past!

i am saying if you were to go back even up to a few months ago...most members talk up azps like it is god's place to be for modified lsx cars. for someone like me that has been screwed over by him, i don't even want to say anything, since i know there will be tons of members coming in attacking me instead. just like you said, if you have a crystal ball back them no one would have believe you. i am just glad you guys now get to see the real mike / azps like i did. face it, if i had said anything back them, i probably would have been ban from this site.

We wouldn't have banned you, sure there would have been a bunch of posts telling you how wrong you were, but it might have also been enough warning to others to take a closer look at AZPS...

Heck the really sad thing is even Brandon (beemer2k) was recommending AZPS back in August.

A lot of people saw something like this coming, but the truth is, Mike was a snake oil salesmen when it counted. No one wanted to believe it would come to this.

Guest matuszynski
We wouldn't have banned you, sure there would have been a bunch of posts telling you how wrong you were, but it might have also been enough warning to others to take a closer look at AZPS...

Heck the really sad thing is even Brandon (beemer2k) was recommending AZPS back in August.

A lot of people saw something like this coming, but the truth is, Mike was a snake oil salesmen when it counted. No one wanted to believe it would come to this.

thanks dawg.

http://www.azstreetscene.com/ipbforum/inde...=4297&st=80

one of poster on that thread stated mike is always packing. so, don't be stupid if you do find him, get the police involved. it isn't worth getting shot at.

I know, sounds like I (Mike O'conner) have been plotting for months to do this so I could run off to bermuda and retire with the millions I stole from everyone... In reality I got fu**ed... I got fu**ed by a lot of people real bad in a short period of time to the point where I couldnt recover.

I have been reading all the GTO, azstreetscene, and ACE postings about mike. In my opinion.

Mike wanted to help people. I believe he did.

Mike is a good mechanic.

Mike is a good sales man.

Mike is a nice person.

However mike is a shitty business man. He did not realize the concept of "stealing from peter to pay Paul." He made very VERY bad judgment calls. He made decisions that would have no effect until 6 months later.

I hope folks realize he is not the devil. he is a guy that made stupid business decisions that ended up costing people a lot of money.

my 2 cts

chad

I know, sounds like I (Mike O'conner) have been plotting for months to do this so I could run off to bermuda and retire with the millions I stole from everyone... In reality I got fu**ed... I got fu**ed by a lot of people real bad in a short period of time to the point where I couldnt recover.

I have been reading all the GTO, azstreetscene, and ACE postings about mike. In my opinion.

Mike wanted to help people. I believe he did.

Mike is a good mechanic.

Mike is a good sales man.

Mike is a nice person.

However mike is a shitty business man. He did not realize the concept of "stealing from peter to pay Paul." He made very VERY bad judgment calls. He made decisions that would have no effect until 6 months later.

I hope folks realize he is not the devil. he is a guy that made stupid business decisions that ended up costing people a lot of money.

my 2 cts

chad

Best run down of this yet, nicely done Cahd.

As Eddie had mentioned, those of us that supported AZPS did so because we were treated well and were delivered the services that were promised and Mike, at least with me, was dedicated to getting my exhaust exactly the way I wanted it and I tired several set-ups at no additional cost. If I was treated like that, why wouldn't I recommend his shop?

In the last several months, especially on the stories of Robert and Elizabeth, I started to see the wheel loosen and of course they have now fallen off. I really wish he would have hired someone to wrench cars and a good accountant, he could have made a mint off of the reputation he had on here as little as 6 months ago.

People get in over their head and even good businesses fail. Mike's was a good shop but a horrible business.

Interesting.

'tried to warn you all' ..

.. guess I must have missed all the big red warning posts screaming 'Danger Danger Will Robinson!'

*cough*

-Frank (not that it matters .. I have a tendency to make up my own mind, mk thx)