NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Calling Out For Any Idea's

Jester

Hi to all,

Anybody have a suggestion for the next Vettes After Dark "VAD" location if so please post your idea's so we cam make plans. Our next VAD will be on Wednesday the 19th.

Greg

Has anyone taken 83 down to Sonoita? About a 45 mile drive.

It appears to be in the middle of wine country, quite a few wineries in the neighborhood. The road looks like 2 lane sometimes winding, and I know it has to have some elevation, Sonoita is at 5000 feet.

http://www.sonoitaelginchamber.org/members.htm

This is probably better suited for a Saturday outing. And it may be too tough a run for some C4's.

Speaking of Sonoita, I've made the run there a couple of times. There's a decent place to eat at the Sonoita Inn called Steak Out. Steaks, chicken, ribs, etc...... Sometimes they have a CW band on the weekend. It's a pretty big place and could easily accomodate a big group. That is definitely a Saturday afternoon/evening run in my opinion. There was another smaller place to eat there that one of my friends picked up a menu at and it looked good. I don't remember the name but it was about a half mile due east of the Steak Out.

I think the Steak Out would be a nice place to have a run to if we could have enough people sign up (and show up) to warrant a reservation. They might even have a separate room they could put us in if Gary comes and he gets all rowdy!! Perhaps when it cools off a bit. Yes, the road down there might get an older vette to run hot if it doesn't cool well.

There is a nice resturant at the country club in Tubac I like to go to but we might be too rowdy for them in a big group.

South of town? Hmmmm. Yes, Nimbus Brewery but only when it cools off (no a/c). I know a lot of great Mexican resturants down there too - - Michas, Mi Nidito, El Guero Canelo, BKs Mexican Hot Dogs, ..... Parking would be an issue at those though.

Speaking of Sonoita, I've made the run there a couple of times. There's a decent place to eat at the Sonoita Inn called Steak Out. Steaks, chicken, ribs, etc...... Sometimes they have a CW band on the weekend. It's a pretty big place and could easily accomodate a big group. That is definitely a Saturday afternoon/evening run in my opinion. There was another smaller place to eat there that one of my friends picked up a menu at and it looked good. I don't remember the name but it was about a half mile due east of the Steak Out.

I think the Steak Out would be a nice place to have a run to if we could have enough people sign up (and show up) to warrant a reservation. They might even have a separate room they could put us in if Gary comes and he gets all rowdy!! Perhaps when it cools off a bit. Yes, the road down there might get an older vette to run hot if it doesn't cool well.

There is a nice resturant at the country club in Tubac I like to go to but we might be too rowdy for them in a big group.

South of town? Hmmmm. Yes, Nimbus Brewery but only when it cools off (no a/c). I know a lot of great Mexican resturants down there too - - Michas, Mi Nidito, El Guero Canelo, BKs Mexican Hot Dogs, ..... Parking would be an issue at those though.

The Steak Out would be a great place, but I think it would be better for a weekend run.

These are all good idea's but we are looking for a Weekday location. I think the next Saturday event will be in Gila Bend / Pheonix and we had discussed. I know that is quite a run for my old C4 but I think I can just tie a rope to Yumarich and have him pull me.

My feeling is that we should end the weekday VAD and concentrate on one good monthly weekend function. I think the participation would be greater and it would ease the work of trying to come up with two events a month.

I'd like to hear other members views on this.

My feeling is that we should end the weekday VAD and concentrate on one good monthly weekend function. I think the participation would be greater and it would ease the work of trying to come up with two events a month.

I'd like to hear other members views on this.

Gary. the Idea It's Great. I would support you on this one because I work all week and I dont have the time to meet with the vette members during the week. It would be nice to meet once per month for an event

You have my vote!

John68 :banannasword:

I was thinking about Famous Sam's on Kolb. We may have an "in" there and possibly get some parking reserved. I'll let you know what I find out.

Andrew

Great Andrew,

Let me know what you find out. As for elliminating the weekly event it has gone down to every other Wednesday and there is still good turnout for those. we are going to continue the once a month Saturday or Sunday event as well so there is somthing for all.

Greg

Greg and the rest of the Tucson gang,

Let me know if you guys want to do the famous Sam's thing so we can look further into this. Tracy said she won't be there on the 19th but she can see what the boss' think about it. Maybe that can be one of the monthly hang outs......

Andrew

Let me know if you guys want to do the famous Sam's thing so we can look further into this. Tracy said she won't be there on the 19th but she can see what the boss' think about it. Maybe that can be one of the monthly hang outs......

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

I will let you know Maria is checking into BJ's kinda Yuppie place but thats okay we can shown them what its all about :partydj:

Personally, I don't care for Famous Sams at all. Although my input is probably not valuable on this since I won't make lunch time week day events anyhow. I would still like to see events held on weekends and week nights. What about Nimbus or the brewery on Oracle near the Tucson Mall?

Matt

Andrew

So Tracy's the "Secret Squirrel"???

LOL... :phil evil: <<<when did we get this guy???

Dewey,

Yup, she be the one.......

How many more days till you come back????? Do we need to send some more goodies?????

Jester,

Is this a no go? I told her I would let her know this weekend.

Andrew

Dewey,

How many more days till you come back????? Do we need to send some more goodies?????

Jester,

Is this a no go? I told her I would let her know this weekend.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I think it is being set up for On The Boarder but we can do Famous Sams next time.

Greg

Dewey,

Andrew

No thanks, I'm good. Less stuff I have to pack, the better.