NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Run To Payson

Guest LikeNu2

Guest LikeNu2

I was going to try and see if there would be anyone interested in taking an early Sunday afternoon run to Payson. The plan was to run up there meeting at Target on Shea Blve. at about 2 and leaving at 2:30 to go up for an early dinner at Fargos Steakhouse (620 E Highway 260, 928-474-7455) and driving back while still light and having desert at Split Window Cafe. Unfortunately I am due to have surgery in the next couple of weeks and that will put me down for a few months. If there is anyone interested in doing that I will do what I can to set it all up (reseverations, date, etc.) if there is an interest in such an event. Let me know either by post or email (zo6corvette@qwest.net)

If all goes well and I can join the group I would love to do so having my wife do the driving and me a passenger :eek

JoeB

I was going to try and see if there would be anyone interested in taking an early Sunday afternoon run to Payson. The plan was to run up there meeting at Target on Shea Blve. at about 2 and leaving at 2:30 to go up for an early dinner at Fargos Steakhouse (620 E Highway 260, 928-474-7455) and driving back while still light and having desert at Split Window Cafe. Unfortunately I am due to have surgery in the next couple of weeks and that will put me down for a few months. If there is anyone interested in doing that I will do what I can to set it all up (reseverations, date, etc.) if there is an interest in such an event. Let me know either by post or email (zo6corvette@qwest.net)

If all goes well and I can join the group I would love to do so having my wife do the driving and me a passenger :eek

JoeB

Guest LikeNu2

I would like to do it when it is a bit cooler as well, but our kids are gone for the summer and would have been a perfect time for us to get away without worry :willy

What ever can be worked out among those that are interested we will find a way somehow. Remember, where there is a will there is a relitave. :lol

JoeB

Guest XLR8TNC5
If all goes well and I can join the group I would love to do so having my wife do the driving and me a passenger 

I was going to try and see if there would be anyone interested in taking an early Sunday afternoon run to Payson.  The plan was to run up there meeting at Target on Shea Blve. at about 2 and leaving at 2:30 to go up for an early dinner at Fargos Steakhouse (620 E Highway 260, 928-474-7455) and driving back while still light and having desert at Split Window Cafe.  Unfortunately I am due to have surgery in the next couple of weeks and that will put me down for a few months.  If there is anyone interested in doing that I will do what I can to set it all up (reseverations, date, etc.) if there is an interest in such an event.  Let me know either by post or email (zo6corvette@qwest.net)

JoeB

i had to reread this over and over again, as both joni and tanya are assuming this is setup for sunday july 10 - however, Joe made NO mention of a date in his original post, as far as i can tell, he was just soliciting participation before he schedules it -

unless i read it wrong - which, from time to time, has been known to happen! :crazy

Guest LikeNu2

Zero is correct. There has been no date set as of yet. I am looking to see if there is enough interest to start to put this together. If there is and we get a pretty good count of the number of cars and people that want to go, I will call Fargos in Payson and make reseverations for as specific number of people. I will also call Dave at Split Window Cafe to expect us for desert afterwards. I just love that ride up Route 87, all those twists and turns :burnout

3,503 lbs of trouble
...driving back while still light and having desert at Split Window Cafe.

...driving back while still light and having desert at Split Window Cafe.

Split Window brownie w/ ice cream :thumbs

Guess I'll have to drive up to the Split Window and meet you guys for desert. I'd go to the steak house, but I no longer have a Vette to drive. :(

Topic split to get things back on track. See "Off Topic" for the other parts.