NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The Mother Of All Builds. Update: Motor is here!

knkayotte

Wow, it comes with everything down to the oil dipstick? Nice, now just drop her in and go! I guess the race is on for us to get the mopar done before you can get your ringer in town.... :banannasword:

If only these fuel lines would run themselves....and that alternator would come....and.... :cfdeadagain

M~

Wow, it comes with everything down to the oil dipstick? Nice, now just drop her in and go! I guess the race is on for us to get the mopar done before you can get your ringer in town.... :banannasword:

If only these fuel lines would run themselves....and that alternator would come....and.... :cfdeadagain

M~

Yup, has the flexplate as well. Still have a landry list of stuff to get, new starter, short shaft water pump, distributor, etc. Not to mention my garage/barn/birdhouse is a mess. Still waiting on that Bowtie transmission, :toetap

Forgot to mention the guy that delivered the motor owns a 92 Vette (Flagstaff), we spoke a good 1/2 about our cars. Did tell him about the site, but he has no internet.

Very nice Keith, do you have finned vette valve covers for it???

I have my originals from the 72, but I don't think you can mount them on these heads. Do you know something I don't?

See if this link works for you...... Click Here!!!!

Very nice Keith, do you have finned vette valve covers for it???

I have my originals from the 72, but I don't think you can mount them on these heads. Do you know something I don't?

See if this link works for you...... Click Here!!!!

Nice! Will have to keep that in mind for when my money tree recovers.

• 4 weeks later...

Old motor and tranny are out. Both motor mounts fell off the old motor when we were hoisting it out of there. :o

Motor was also running pig rich for a looooong time. Not one exhaust port or plug is the same color. New stuff will start going in tomorrow, also had to order a new radiator support, old one is rusted beyond repair. Were taking our time with it, cleaning and repainting parts as we go, should have it running by Thursday though (when rad support is suppose to get here).

What no progress pics? Inquiring minds would like to see.

Tons of pictures. Will post in the near future.

You dirty dog! sounds like you're making a ton of progress. Cleaning and painting is half the fun, but let's get some video of the startup!

M~

• 2 weeks later...

:bump: Um, seven whole days have elapsed....and you have a ringer....

so where are the pics and update? Inquiring minds want to know....

M~

:bump: Um, seven whole days have elapsed....and you have a ringer....

so where are the pics and update? Inquiring minds want to know....

M~

It's up and running, have pictures and a vid, will post when I have time. Even with 3.08 gears it will move along nicely. I have 3.55's waiting to be installed, be a while before I can get to them. It will really round out the Vette nicely. Unfortunely my vacation came to an end and now I'm playing catch up at work.

I'll no longer be afraid to pass a car! Also did away with the patriot side pipes and fabed up a 2.5" exhaust running summit glasspack, can you say loud. Doesn't sound that great at idle though. From idle to cruising it sounds decent. They were cheap, and will buy me a little time to decide on what mufflers to go with. Also noticed a nice SOP difference from my Frankenstein side exhaust (2" bottle necks) to my current system.

By the way, if you have a mechanical tach, link to the little gem below is worth it especially for the price. I might get another just as a spare.

Mech. Tach