• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dianne

• F22trainer

• GRANDDAD

• 1EVLC7

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aecarbon
:rockon2: That's one sweet lookin' yeller vert George, I hope to see you out there. I may wanna bullshit about some carbon fiber pieces for my crotch-rocket! :phil evil:

Dean

Hmm thats my main market, what kind of bike do you have?

and by the way I wont be able to make it out seems one of my 7 children has a play that night..wont be over until 7...that means I would get there about 8 ish so it will have to be next week...

but please lets BS about bikes ....

F22trainer

there's usually a few late arrivals...and loiterers. Good stuff!

I;ll be there around 6 ish - gotta wash mine as the rain yesterday got her all dirty.

See ya'll tonite!

Michael

DSC00046.jpg

Get your Big Earl's pix RIGHT HERE :cfdeadagain

Sweet night for a topless cruise boobies.gif with the missus. Got to meet the man, the myth, the legend....Michael, and check out his F22trainer. Big props on the motor brother, like I said...if mine needs more than spark plugs she's going in the shop! :smilelol

Some sweet metal (and fiberglass) out there tonite. Great to b.s. with Jay and Dianne too. For some reason Dianne's always rollin' her eyes whenever I speak, go figure... :rolleyes

Great pictures Dean, thanks for sharing. Michael, I told you the burgers were really good! See you next week.

bigmike32172

I stopped in there today and sat at the counter by myself and ate a burger. I looked up at the menu and saw the $13.00 Kobe burger and couldn't believe how much the price was! I had to snap a pic on my phone and send it to my buddy, as we used to make fun of AJ's price of $7.00 for a Kobe, but this one takes the cake. The only other place in the country that is worse than Big Earls is TGI Fridays in Times Square at $20.00 for a regular burger and fries.

I guess the gas prices are affecting burgers now in Cave Creek. :willy

I stopped in there today and sat at the counter by myself and ate a burger. I looked up at the menu and saw the $13.00 Kobe burger and couldn't believe how much the price was! I had to snap a pic on my phone and send it to my buddy, as we used to make fun of AJ's price of $7.00 for a Kobe, but this one takes the cake. The only other place in the country that is worse than Big Earls is TGI Fridays in Times Square at $20.00 for a regular burger and fries.

So you don't show for the cruise-in, but you stop there by yourself the day after and bag on the single most expensive item on the menu? Man, ...sorry they put a dent in your Z06/Viper budget. :lol

We head out there for the people, the cars, and the scenic drive. And the occasional ice-cream cone for the missus. I think it has Spanish Fly in it. :partygrnhat:

Desertdawg

Great pictures again Dean, I sure would like to make it one of these weeks, but damn thats a long ways away!!!

That is the going rate for the Kobe burger. Snottsdale has them all the time...most are $15.00. But, if you have never had one, they are very good and with no condiments on them either. Maybe next Friday you can make or Saturday when no one is there.

Guest aecarbon

well I doubt I will be getting that 20 burger but for those who give a flying F88T thru a rolling donut I will be out there this Friday a little groggy but me and the misses are going to make the trip!

Woot Woot in our 1971 Pinto GT and out Pacer.

Cheers.

well I doubt I will be getting that 20 burger but for those who give a flying F88T thru a rolling donut I will be out there this Friday a little groggy but me and the misses are going to make the trip!

Cheers.

Uhhh...as much as I welcome the change in temperature, I believe it's going to be raining Friday. So I wouldn't imaging there will be a big turn out. :partyspin:

Maybe Jay and Dianne are going, but I'm "unavoidably detained" this weekend, my youngest somehow graduated the 8th grade (the current hypothesis involves his teachers getting fed up and passing the buck to let the high school deal with him) so we've got "stunned" family coming to "celebrate">

Guest aecarbon

No shit rain God Dang it hmmm we will see if it does then crap I will be at the drift comp at Firebird saturday with the Vette and my bike if anyone wants to come down and see tires get torn up...and young Asian girls in wet white tee shirts...

Cheers.

Uhhh...as much as I welcome the change in temperature, I believe it's going to be raining Friday. So I wouldn't imaging there will be a big turn out. :partyspin:

Maybe Jay and Dianne are going, but I'm "unavoidably detained" this weekend, my youngest somehow graduated the 8th grade (the current hypothesis involves his teachers getting fed up and passing the buck to let the high school deal with him) so we've got "stunned" family coming to "celebrate">

If it is not raining, there will be a car show. I'll keep this post updated.

Dianne

F22trainer

Low pressure system is hanging over the CA coast, temp's will continue to drop as cool northern air enters the area counterclockwise from the SW. Expect another cold front late tomorrow. The same air will bring moisture from the Pacific - precipitation mainly to the north areas as they are higher and cooler

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/98f.gif

Don't hold out for any change as there is a jet stream over the northern US that is rotating opposite the normal flow (south to north and clockwise), in addition to the normal jet stream which is coming right down the coast and dipping into AZ which is what is holding that low over the pacific coast.

http://www.aviationweather.gov/products/swh/ click on the US map

since Carefree/Cave Creek is about 1000 feet higher the temp will be closer to the dewpoint. Closer the temp and dewpoint we get visible moisture.

Don't know if I'll make it this week - but it sure was a blast last week meeting Dean (Thanks for the kind words, sir.)

Hope that helps any of those on the fence about going.

NYC restaurant offers $175 burger topped with gold

NEW YORK - A Manhattan restaurant is offering a hamburger that costs $175 and is topped with gold.

It's made of Kobe (KOH'-bay) beef. It comes with black truffles, foie gras (fwah-GRAH') and Gruyere (groo-YEHR') cheese in addition to gold flakes.

Wall Street Burger Shoppe co-owner Heather Tierney thinks of it as "a work of art."

Tierney says the item attracts Wall Street types who down a few beers and then fork over $175 to show off to their friends.

wickedfastvette

NYC restaurant offers $175 burger topped with gold

NEW YORK - A Manhattan restaurant is offering a hamburger that costs $175 and is topped with gold.

It's made of Kobe (KOH'-bay) beef. It comes with black truffles, foie gras (fwah-GRAH') and Gruyere (groo-YEHR') cheese in addition to gold flakes.

Wall Street Burger Shoppe co-owner Heather Tierney thinks of it as "a work of art."

Tierney says the item attracts Wall Street types who down a few beers and then fork over $175 to show off to their friends.

I can think of cheaper ways to show off!! And more fun.

Jay said in the car section today there is a little write up about Big Earl's. And you guys bagging on the Kobe burger don't have to order it. Special - Big Earl's burger, fries or onion rings and a drink $7.95. That should be easy enough.

HOW DID YOU DO AT THE GAS PUMPS

Just in case you haven't looked out the window yet, it most likely is going to rain sometime today and so we will not be going up to Big Earl's tonight. Hope to see you all next week up there. Thanks for all your support with this car show. Its all of you who make it work.

Have a great three day weekend.

Dianne

F22trainer

Look for nice weather beginning on Sunday, possibly late Saturday.

Jet streams are really doing some funky stuff to the west coast/SW US.

I'll be there next week for sure.

Thanks for the updated weather report. We'll see you next Friday and have a great weekend.

Thanks for the updated weather report. We'll see you next Friday and have a great weekend.

I'll try and make it this friday. goood weather to put the top down. mikie