Future Events discussion

Desertdawg

Kathy and I will try an be 'in' for a Vette cruise-in at Palm Springs for that guys bar thingy .. sounds like there will be a lot of Vette enthusiasts there ..

..would be a great over-nighter :)

-Frank

Robert and Elizabeth

We would be in for the Palm Springs cruise if it was on a weekend/overnighter (Dec 1-2?). We have never been there. I don't know any hotels to suggest.

We would also be interested in the Phoenix-Globe-Tucson-Phoenix cruise for Toys for Tots if it was also on a weekend. October on would be ok for this I think.

I really like Chad's idea of a mystery cruise with puzzles you need to solve to get you to your next destination. If we break into groups, we could get to know each other better while figuring out the puzzles together. This would be good for October when it is cooler.

Magic Mountain sounds like a blast!! Weekends are packed there. Weekdays are best for much shorter lines and more rides. We could do a weekday overnighter if it was after New Year's, otherwise we would have to do a weekend one. Again, I don't know any hotels in the area to suggest. November is ok if on a weekend, January or later if a weekday.

I was thinking of a cruise to Payson, then riding north along the rim to where ever it takes us and then back to Phoenix on the I-17. We have never gone that way before and I don't know where we would end up.... Flagstaff or some other place. There has to be some good twisties along that route. I was thinking this would be fun in September-November.

Just our 2 copper.

Chad had a good idea. A scavenger hunt. I've done a few of these and they are fun. We do them with our bar staff. They breakup into a group of four (in this case one car) and they are given a list of items they must get and return before a certain time. There's been some crazy items like.......

Herb Schneiders toe nail clipping with a signed statement attesting to it's origin, 1:64 diecast car, pack of watermelon Koolade, railroad tie, stuff like that. Usually takes 3 hours. So many points for each item. Winners win prizes.

I like the Globe to Tucson to Phx run. The last time we ate at an outdoor place near Orcal (sp) Junction that was good and drove back to Phx on the old highway, not I-10.

I like the Globe to Tucson to Phx run. The last time we ate at an outdoor place near Orcal (sp) Junction that was good and drove back to Phx on the old highway, not I-10.

I think that was the last poker run we've done as a group??? That was fun. If I remeber right, that was the waitress' first day on the job.....

That was a fun time.

Andrew

We would be in for the Palm Springs cruise if it was on a weekend/overnighter (Dec 1-2?). We have never been there. I don't know any hotels to suggest.

We would also be interested in the Phoenix-Globe-Tucson-Phoenix cruise for Toys for Tots if it was also on a weekend. October on would be ok for this I think.

I was thinking of a cruise to Payson, then riding north along the rim to where ever it takes us and then back to Phoenix on the I-17. We have never gone that way before and I don't know where we would end up.... Flagstaff or some other place. There has to be some good twisties along that route. I was thinking this would be fun in September-November.

Just our 2 copper.

I think it might be better to put the Palm Springs cruise off until the spring when Greg the owner wants to have a large west coast cruise in. It should be fun with a couple hundred vettes there.

Also the Poker Run toys4tots would be better the first part of Dec, closer to Christmas with the toys...

We did a Payson/Strawberry/ Camp Verde cruise a couple of years ago, KnK cooked us lunch at Camp Verde. it was a really nice cruise, I would like to do it again. :thumbs