Just A Thought

anmracing2

Hey everyone,

I think it may be a good idea to check the calendar when recommending a date for an event. If an all day event is already on the calendar, it may be hard to get participation. If there is an event for the morning or the afternoon, then maybe the next event can be planned for the next part of the day.... Or something like that.

I know that there will be times when two events collide that can't be changed, but if there is a big event like Gila Bend, The Laughlin Trip, Etc... then maybe whomever is planning the second event can try to move it (if possible) to the following weekend. Unless, of course, it is an event for those who can not make it to a big event like those listed above.

Just a thought, I don't think this happens alot, but it does happen.... So I figure that looking at the calendar to see what's going on would help out.

Andrew

coconut girl

Thanks for updating the calendar Andrew!

That helps a lot to see everything all at once. The threads get kind of confusing.

If I get interest in the cruise to Woods Canyon Lake August 5th can you put it on the calendar for me? If not interest, I don't want to clutter up the calendar.

Andrew, this is probably next to impossible but it sure would be good to have most items that are planned ahead (even a little ahead) posted. If the party(ies) got ahold of you early you may have time to post it. Like Pam said it's hard to keep track just through posts. Let's say next Saturday there's a breakfast cruise to wherever and if the originator got ahold of you would that give you enough time to post it. I agree, the calendar could become very clustered sometimes and perhaps there is an alternative way or place stricktly to post the smaller get togethers. Am I out of wack with this thought? It wouldn't be the first time.

EDIT....I was just viewing the Events and that seems to work well as long as everyone uses it for the get togethers. Told ya I was outta wack.

I try to keep an eye open for new event posts and put them on the calendar when I see 'em.

I don't think the calendar gets clustered, but there have been weekends where there were three things going on the same day. I just figured it's easy to check the calendar if there are a too many threads to go through. I just would hate to see one event get low participation due to another event on the same day. And like I said, if it's in the morning and then another event is later in the day then that works out for everyone cause then there could be a caravan to the following event.

Also, keep in mind that anyone can put an event on the calendar. I just do it to make sure an event dosen't get missed. I enjoy doing it but there are times when I don't get on here for days at a time. I usually try to make it known that I put an event on the calendar to help out.

Andrew

Also, keep in mind that anyone can put an event on the calendar.

Andrew

I didn't know that. Learn something new every day. Sorry for thinking you were the "Big Calander Cheese". :smilelol:smilelol

Guest michael

:cfdeadagain:cfdeadagain I vote you in charge of calender Missy

I try to keep an eye open for new event posts and put them on the calendar when I see 'em.

I don't think the calendar gets clustered, but there have been weekends where there were three things going on the same day. I just figured it's easy to check the calendar if there are a too many threads to go through. I just would hate to see one event get low participation due to another event on the same day. And like I said, if it's in the morning and then another event is later in the day then that works out for everyone cause then there could be a caravan to the following event.

Also, keep in mind that anyone can put an event on the calendar. I just do it to make sure an event dosen't get missed. I enjoy doing it but there are times when I don't get on here for days at a time. I usually try to make it known that I put an event on the calendar to help out.

Andrew