NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Another Newbie

Guest Special K

Guest Special K

Hello everyone! Wow,...I just purchased my very first new car....which happens to be a 2005 Silver Corvette, removable top. This is the first corvette I have owned and I already love the car. I have only had it for 3 weeks...not quite sure what to do with it....the dog is upset because she can't go for a ride with me anymore. After the first hour of driving the car, I had to go back home, pop in the DVD, and try to figure out how to drive the thing...After the first week, I had to drive the car without the music on...I had the stereo so loud, my ears hurt for 4 days....

Any suggestions on some fun things I can do with my new car?

Hello Special K :howdy:

Glad to see you are enjoying your new corvette. :burnout:

There is plenty to do with the corvette and others that have the same interest.

There is the Pavillions on Saturdays located in Scottsdale on 101 & Indian Bend.

You can also check the calendar for other things that might interst you.Calendar

Just keep reading the forum and you will find something you want to participate in.

Phil... :devil

Welcome Special K! :howdy:

This group will certainly give you ideas on how to mod your Vette. Just a suggestion, stay away from Glenn (ICULUKN) he'll have you in the poor house in no time but you'll get there quick! :lol:

Seriously, this is a great group and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Someone will have an answer or know where to get the answer.

Again, welcome!

Welcome Special K! :howdy:

This group will certainly give you ideas on how to mod your Vette. Just a suggestion, stay away from Glenn (ICULUKN) he'll have you in the poor house in no time but you'll get there quick! :lol:

Seriously, this is a great group and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Someone will have an answer or know where to get the answer.

Again, welcome!

welcome - and if you are headed to the poor house by way of glenns - i'll be right behind you in the fast lane!

:burnout:

Guest XLR8TNC5

Don't worry Glenn's mouth runs faster than his car.... :smilelol:

IM JUST KIDDING! His car is definitely awesome!

Welcome to the forum and hope to meet ya sometime soon. I guess if you are going to get a Vette, the first one might as well be the big gun! Good job and I can't wait to see her.

Take care and just so you know, the the smile never goes away. :D

Tanya

Welcome aboard :howdy:

I would be willing to help show you how to drive :burnout: :D

I would be willing to help show you how to drive  :burnout:  :D

If you see a Vette in you rear view mirror that doesn't look like it has a front end on it, that's Scratch. :rolf

Welcome!!!

:bs it has a front end...just various colors added from other cars rear ends :smilelol:

And I bet you wonder how he got the name Scratch huh? :lol:

just a friendly warning - if you stick your nose in my rear end - i'm gonna fart!

:willy

Yeah, go on a cruise with Tony and you come home feeling like a lab that's been to the doggie park :smilelol: :smilelol:

Guest Sidewinder

If you see a Vette in you rear view mirror that doesn't look like it has a front end on it, that's Scratch. :rolf

Welcome!!!

Guest Special K

Welcome!!!

G

Thank you all for the welcome! I might need some sort of help...first of all I am still fast forwarding the DVD past all the guy stuff to get to the girl stuff....haven't seen any girl stuff yet.......

Don't laugh....but I haven't even found the spare tire? (is there one?)

I am not sure I should be taking driving lessons from a driver whose car doesn't have a front end....... ;)

Question......I have been told that I shouldn't get a personalized plate for the vette, it would demusclefy the car (if that is a word).......thoughts?

Girl stuff on the Vette DVD???? I don't tell just anybody this and don't tell the guys I told you but if you turn the DVD over there's a bootleg copy of "Sleepless in Seattle" on the backside. :smilelol:smilelol

Okay, since you're a newbie I'll be gentle and tell you the Vette has Goodyear runflat tires. You don't have a spare. If you get a flat you can drive on it a distance until you get to somewhere that can fix it.

I've only seen one woman keep up with Scratch. She can keep up with him at 130 with a camera in one hand! :eek

I've only seen one woman keep up with Scratch. She can keep up with him at 130 with a camera in one hand! :eek

Question......I have been told that I shouldn't get a personalized plate for the vette, it would demusclefy the car (if that is a word).......thoughts?

A personalized plate will only reflect you and your Vette. Most people believe the Vanity is a sign of an individual that is stuck up or snotty.

So with that said, I have chosen a plate to represent my Black C5 Corvette. We happen to have plenty in our group so I need it to find mine after a gathering. :smilelol:smilelol Just kidding :D But it will set you aside from others with the same car.

Phil... :devil

Hell, I see more Vettes with personalized plates than those that don't.

In fact, in our group, I am hard pressed to remember a Vette that doesn't have personalized plates. I know there are many, I just don't remember them.

Chris, you need to get some for yours.

Hell, I see more Vettes with personalized plates than those that don't.

In fact, in our group, I am hard pressed to remember a Vette that doesn't have personalized plates. I know there are many, I just don't remember them.

Chris, you need to get some for yours.