NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Corvettes & Ghost Riders

jstrutt

Yes, no matter what. I'm in the midst of booking my rooms for the 4, 5, 6 and 7 and getting ahold of TEX to enter the People's Choice on Saturday. On the Registration they ask for a Council #. Do I just use my NCCC number or El Paso Corvette Club (that's who I went through to register with NCCC)? Also can anyone answer is 'NCCC stock class 100% stock or can there be mods like mufflers, dress up lettering etc.? I want to get the form in quick.

Tombstone is my favorite town in AZ. Been there many times.

Just booked our room at Trail Rider's Inn in Tombstone for October 4 - 7 at $70 per night tax incl.

Thanks John :howdy

I just checked the dates on this...'DOH...I can't do this. Will be getting preped to start the new job. :(

Maybe you could take a side cruise up here to the valley John? :thumbs For those of us who cannot make it down there.

Sean, you didn't think I was going to let you of that easy did you. :smilelol:smilelol Tombstone is only number one on the list. Karen and I will be there to meet you all. Then off to see Yuma Rich! Don't know how much time we'll have yet but we're not travelling all that way for nothing. :drinkers:drinkers (as long as they have non-alcohol beer) :drinkers:drinkers

Hey you guys, Just added this to the calendar for ya'.

Looks like lots of fun.

Andrew

Have this marked off for October. Plan on driving down Friday afternoon. Where is everyone going to stay?

:flag:dupe

We'll be at Trail Riders Inn Oct 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. They still have rooms at good rates. The Tombstone Motel still has a lot of rooms of many different types. :yesnod:yesnod

Guest racingchester

Probably will show up on Saturday as I am sure we will be in Tucson to see new grand baby.......

Seriously thinking about going to this one....but I don't know about taking teh Vette...I may have my daughter with us...

Which would be teh best day to go? I won't be staying, I'll drive back to Tucson afterwords...

I want to go, and want to take teh Vette, but don't necsessarily want to be in teh car show....is there going to be a

safe place to park...and what about teh registration, should I do that if I'm not going to be in teh show?

Those are questions to ask Laurie Schwab. Her email is vettetex@mindspring.com :yesnod

Those are questions to ask Laurie Schwab. Her email is vettetex@mindspring.com :yesnod
Thanks brother, I'll zip her a line...

I want to go, and want to take teh Vette, but don't necsessarily want to be in teh car show....is there going to be a

safe place to park...and what about teh registration, should I do that if I'm not going to be in teh show?

Marc, from what I figured out any event you pay additionally to the $22.00 registration fee. So it doesn't matter whether you register or not except you get a discount on entries to events if you are registered. But, if you do register ($22.00 per person) you get:

This is what is included in your $22.00 Registration Packet:

a historic mine tour;

our generous Hospitality Corral (with food and beverages);

a DVD keepsake disc of our 2007 Tombstone Run memories;

a History Walk & Ghost Hunting;

a special Corvette lanyard;

a group get together at the mine;

lots of discounts to Tombstone attractions;

PLUS more goodies are being added as you read this.

And if you are the first 100 to send in your entries – you will receive a special “thank you for registering early” souvenir.

I'm only entered in the People's Choice Car Show - Class C4 but registered Karen and I for $22.00 each and the cost of car show entry was $30.00. Our registration numbers are 19 & 20.

I felt the extra $22.00 per person was well worth it as the Hospitality Corral and Group get together at the mine will make short work of that $44.00 :smilelol:smilelol

I believe all parking at hotels etc. is secured but can not say 100%. By the looks of the Vettes that attend I'm sure security is not a problem. :hunter:hunter

Marc, from what I figured out any event you pay additionally to the $22.00 registration fee. So it doesn't matter whether you register or not except you get a discount on entries to events if you are registered. But, if you do register ($22.00 per person) you get:

This is what is included in your $22.00 Registration Packet:

a historic mine tour;

our generous Hospitality Corral (with food and beverages);

a DVD keepsake disc of our 2007 Tombstone Run memories;

a History Walk & Ghost Hunting;

a special Corvette lanyard;

a group get together at the mine;

lots of discounts to Tombstone attractions;

PLUS more goodies are being added as you read this.

And if you are the first 100 to send in your entries – you will receive a special “thank you for registering early” souvenir.

I'm only entered in the People's Choice Car Show - Class C4 but registered Karen and I for $22.00 each and the cost of car show entry was $30.00. Our registration numbers are 19 & 20.

I felt the extra $22.00 per person was well worth it as the Hospitality Corral and Group get together at the mine will make short work of that $44.00 :smilelol:smilelol

I believe all parking at hotels etc. is secured but can not say 100%. By the looks of the Vettes that attend I'm sure security is not a problem. :hunter:hunter

Cool! Thanks very much for digging into this for me! :notworthy: :notworthy: Hope to meet you there! :thumbs

Speedratchet
We'll probably show up for it. Are you really coming down for it?

Gary: I'll be your wing man if you want!

Sounds good to me. I'm going down on Saturday for the car show.

Guest azcueball
We'll probably show up for it. Are you really coming down for it?

Gary: I'll be your wing man if you want!

Sounds good to me. I'm going down on Saturday for the car show.

me and my wife will be down on saturay only and go home the next day.thats the best i can do.see you all up there scott :cool:cheers:cheers:cheers:beer::beer::thumbs

• 4 weeks later...

I will be making the long trek and probably will only be there on Saturday.

Two ways to get to Tombstone from I-10.

Take exit 302 - State Route 90, it is four lane divided highway down to intersection of 82, turn left. It runs into 80, turn right and you are inTombstone.

Take exit 303 into Benson, just keep going straight through town when you come off of I-10, it will turn into SR 80, and it will be 2 lane road all the way into Tombstone. We took this route when we did the Tombstone run in June.

You could take 90 all the way into Sierra Vista, (note that 90 makes a left turn at intersection for gate to Fort Huachuca)then turn left at Charleston Road (intersection with WALMART on the left, take it straight into Tombstone, about a 15 mile leisure drive on curving road.

If any interest, maybe an early run to SV and meet for breakfast, then corvette-acade up to Tombstone?

Map to Tombstone

I will be making the long trek and probably will only be there on Saturday.

Take exit 303 into Benson, just keep going straight through town when you come off of I-10, it will turn into SR 80, and it will be 2 lane road all the way into Tombstone. We took this route when we did the Tombstone run in June.

Rich, that's the route we normally take. It's a nice drive but watch out for the Mounties.