Corvette Sunday, July 8th Or 29th

Ted Y

I need some help putting on new front and rear springs. I have everything in stock to do the job. I am fixing the broken alternator bracket myself so it'll be running again. I prefer to have the work done here at my house to avoid working around a hot exhaust and engine.

I can host Sunday, July 8th, or July 29th whichever works out best for people to help.

I have 4 jack stands, bought a decent torque wrench and have a 2 ton floor jack. If anyone has a high lift one, that might be helpful. The rear looks easy, the two fronts are more involved. I have instructions if we get desperate... :D Hope to see you helpful types out!

I live at:

11979 W Pima St

Avondale, AZ 85323

Take I-10 to Avondale Rd (115 Av) south to MC85 (Buckeye Rd), go west to 119th Av, go South on 119th Av to the "T" intersection, 1 block west to 119 Ln, north to the house on the southwest corner of 119 Ln and Pima St. It's a single story house.

Phone is 602/705.6866

I cannot help out on the 8th, we'll be headed to Cali that day. 29th I believe is open. But take the day where you can get the most expert help. I can turn wrenches, but have never done a spring, espcecially on a C3. :thumbs

AnM are in for this Sunday-what time do you wanna get started?

We'll bring a spring compressor thingy and maybe an extra floor jack. Do you have a compressor or are we really going old school?

M~

I'll try an make it out ..work schedule permitting :)

(either day, dunno which I will have off , yet :)

-Frank

Thanks all for the response. Let's go ahead and do it this Sunday the 8th. It's gonna be hot either day.

I would like to start early. I would say that by 8AM, I expect to have the car on jack stands and all four wheels off, ready to go. I'll try to have gatorade, sodas and some beer on ice as well. If people want some donuts, I have connections (haha).

AnM, I DO need a spring compressor, if you can bring it. Also, I am going to try to make sure our friend Scott brings home his project car so we can go look at it afterward. It is on your way home. :)

Chris and I fixed the broken alternator bracket tonight with a new chrome one.

That's Chris pointing with his right hand. I'm pointing with my left while snapping pics. I kinda forgot to take mid-repair pics, but it's just an alternator bracket, not too involved.

I'll need a dedicated picture taker for the Corvette Sunday.

Well now you and your fancy totally spotless engine bay. Trying to keep up with Smitty?

As for the 8 am start time....well, we'll see about that. I can promise to be out of bed at that ungodly hour, but I dunno about across town. j/k we'll shoot for as close to 8 as possible.

M~

Looks like you are going to have some nice help. I can not make it on the 8th, Grandkids are still here from St. Louis. But looking forward to seeing all the pictures and hearing about the spring difference. :D Good luck! :D

Well, I will definitely get started on the rear spring first. At least most of it is possibly a one man job. The fronts are what I am needing help with.

Whenever anyone can show up, I appreciate. :)

Hey Ted,

I replaced the front and rear springs on my '76.

You might want to get some header wrap down at Loper's to wrap the rear spring (unless you have sidepipes).

Let me know if you need a hand, I'd be happy to help.

-Don

Phill's Vette
Hey Ted,

I replaced the front and rear springs on my '76.

You might want to get some header wrap down at Loper's to wrap the rear spring (unless you have sidepipes).

Let me know if you need a hand, I'd be happy to help.

-Don

Good Idea on the header wrap Don - the exhaust does sit rather close to the spring :thumbs

If my schedule allows, I would like to try to come out there and help out. I will post and let you know.

That engine compartment is way too clean, makes me feel I just don't do enough for my car :D

Good idea guys. The rear spring kit comes with a heat shield that gets installed under the spring between the exhaust. I was actually thinking of an engine compartment detail after this, just to keep it looking good.

I tell ya, this has definitely been a labor of love working on this car. No rational person would put so much energy and money into a 37 year old car. To me, it's not just a car, though.

The latest problem is that I took the car for a test drive after fixing the broken alternator bracket and now there is puddle of oil under the front of the differential! CAN A BROTHER HAVE JUST ONE PART THAT DOESN'T NEED FIXING?!?!?

I just had to get that out...

Everyone can stop by, even just to watch. I'll take what help I can get.

... No rational person would put so much energy and money into a 37 year old car. To me, it's not just a car, though...

Who has ever thought of calling anyone in this bunch rational??? :chris

None of us would be here if we didn't have the sickness. :D

I agree with the sickness. I got it bad. :lol

On a side note. Be careful working in the heat. I thought I was yesterday working on the truck getting ready for the Cali trip. Rear diff oil change, tranny fluid/filter change, oil change, etc...

Wound up with monster migrain and a bit of heat exhaustion. I drank plenty of water and took frequent breaks and still the heat got to me.

I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm on the beach. :D :thumbs

Did he say beer......?

I might have to swing by. Wife is outta town, I'll be looking for something to do. Got a bad back though, can't lift more than 12 ounces. :D

Rear sping in....pics with someone pointing should follow soon after someone looks at a Mopar for sale :lol Wonder who that could be???

I mailed 50+ pics to AnM. Hopefully they can put them in a photo album for me.

I mailed 50+ pics to AnM. Hopefully they can put them in a photo album for me.

Sorry I missed out, just barely waking up from a marathon poker game last night. Good news = money, bad news = tired as hell still.

Hope everything went well, let us know how it turned out.

Ok, I guess my birthday weekend is over....... :banghead Tomorrow is back to work....... :U I guess it had to end.

Anywho,

Thanks all for the great turn out at lunch and thanks Ted for inviting us over to work on your car. I had fun. I finally got the pix downloaded that Ted sent me. Check 'em out here. Just scroll down to the bottom and you'll find it.

Thanks for the bezels and for lunch.

Let us know when the fronts are gonna be done and we'll be there to help.

Tim, Don, Robert, thanks for stopping by too. The extra hand helped out. (Notice that was singular? :D )

Too bad we didn't get a pic of us all doing the Hank Hill look alikes next door...... Next time.

Andrew

I would like to say nice pictures, but the link does not work at this time. :toetap

Yep works now. Sure looks like there was some pointing going on there? Glad to see it all got put back together. Nice looking jobs boys and girls. :thumbs:thumbs