NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Window Tinting

KIDINME

Marana Rich

I went to one of the local shops here today to get my car tinted, that back window sure lets in lots of heat, and I was going to get it as dark as possible. The guy pulled out a sheet and said they won't do corvettes, especially the new ones. Something difficult with doing the back window? Anybody else hear of this "problem"?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Eddie44

• Marana Rich

• nort99

Desertdawg

When I had my 82 CE. (only model with a hatch) I had to remove the glass and take it in to get it tinted. the guy said he wanted it that way so he could do a better job on it, and eliminate any chance of damage to the rest of the car.

He did a killer job, put it on in about 7 pieces, and you couldn't see a single seam, with the hatch sitting on a table, I could see why he requested it that way...

Sure, just what we need here...a cop to slow our cruises down. :lol

Sean, Eddie isn't the only LEO member we have!!!!

I went to one of the local shops here today to get my car tinted, that back window sure lets in lots of heat, and I was going to get it as dark as possible. The guy pulled out a sheet and said they won't do corvettes, especially the new ones. Something difficult with doing the back window? Anybody else hear of this "problem"?

Some shops/tinters won't do them and if they do Vettes they won't do the back window in one piece. The toughest part is the small dots or shading near the top of the window. That's why I'm using the guy that I am. He has done a number of C6's and I've seen his work.

I don't know what you're all talking about. The weather sure has been hot lately.

You have not seen hot yet. This is nice spring weather so far. :devil:lol

Sean, Eddie isn't the only LEO member we have!!!!

I don't know what you're all talking about. The weather sure has been hot lately.

Read between the lines Sean :toetap

Yup. When I had the tint done on my car (yes, it is legal) the installer told me that he would not do the newer (06 and up) due to the curve of the rear glass. He did my Z in one piece and still had trouble with the "dots" and air bubbles. I went back at least 3 times over the course of 2 weeks for him to get the majority of the air bubbles out. He said that he knew someone in Phoenix that had the technique down pat and could do it in one piece on the newer ones.

Marana Rich

Just called another place, they will do it, but says it will take most of the day because of the back window, and wants $220 for it.

I know somebody somewhere can beat that deal..

They're doing mine down in the parking garage here at work. He has assured me he can do it in one piece and he's charging $150.

If any of you "out of towners" want to drive to Phx I'd let you use my garage. Just let me know when. I think I posted the guys name and number at the beginning of this thread.

Marana Rich

You have not seen hot yet. This is nice spring weather so far. :devil:lol

I am not new to hot weather, only to the Corvette back window......

anmracing2

My Friend just let me know that he has been too busy with Mesa dealerships that he can't do anything out of Mesa. Sorry about that. So I guess I don't know anyone who will do it for you......... :toetap

Andrew

Guest UVETTYA

:eek

Did I mention that I put LEGAL tint back on my car? :flag

Oh come on, tell him Glendale Cops have small penises too. I dare ya! :smilelol:smilelol

Guest UVETTYA

Oh come on, tell him Glendale Cops have small penises too. I dare ya! :smilelol:smilelol

Ok. Eddie says Glendale cops have small penises too. :lol

It seems I've be "outed", although I have nothing to hide.

Let me just get this out in the open:

1. First, I am a Corvette enthusiast and am proud as hell to own one.

2. I don't care how fast you drive, just don't expect me to keep up with you.

3. I work in the Maryvale area (the official hood of the west valley) and have no time to pester people about window tint.

4. I try damn hard to be off duty when I'm not at work. I doubt any of you have done very many things I have not done at one time or another.

5. Sean, if you're looking for a career after the Air Force, we are hiring. We have lots of veterans and it's a fun job.

I like this group of people and get a very good vibe from you guys. I feel I am good at reading people. I can take a good ribbing and have a thick skin, if you like to give it out. Be warned, I am good at giving it back!

I think the very fact that you actually bothered to take off the dark tint and put on "legal" tint says a lot of good things about you. :clap

Altho I haven't been part of the group long, I also feel 'at home' with this group.

-grin-

Is a nice mix with a lot of common interests.

-Frank (it helps that I am easily amused, too :)

Ted, you have in no way been outed. I only met you once and think you're a pretty nice guy. Hell, I didn't even know you were a cop. :lol Most everything that has been said was in jest (for the most part...still think Steve is stewing over this :lol but he'll get over it, eventually).

Anything I do wrong...I try to do it in a place where I endanger no one else...at least that way if I do get nabbed I can make that argument to help out. :lol Like the farm land area I went buzzing around to test drive the headers. :thumbs

I don't think I can be a cop. I have at least one bad foot that prevents me from running or doing any kind of impact sports now...unless I want to have surgery...and someone cutting around my achiles tendon just does not sound like something I want to do. Being a cop though is something I did consider in the past.

I do have the utmost respect for almost all LEOs out there. I've only met a few that I would lump into the group that Steve is creating. :lol

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Desertdawg
Ted, you have in no way been outed. I only met you once and think you're a pretty nice guy. Hell, I didn't even know you were a cop.

Sean,

What Ted meant by "outed" is that the forum now knows he is an officer of the law.

His profession was made known!

Sean,

What Ted meant by "outed" is that the forum now knows he is an officer of the law.

His profession was made known!

Hmmmm, I'm not a good hint getter or read between the lines guy either. <_<

That first one really annoys the wife. :lol

Desertdawg
Hmmmm, I'm not a good hint getter or read between the lines guy either. <_<

That first one really annoys the wife. :lol

I know all about annoying my wife too, and it looks like you are writing my list of things to do!!! :lol

Don't worry, I'll try to keep you on top of things when the posts get confusing, but only after I figure them out myself first! :hat

Don't worry, I'll try to keep you on top of things when the posts get confusing, but only after I figure them out myself first! :hat

Does the list ever end??? :bang

• 2 weeks later...
I think the very fact that you actually bothered to take off the dark tint and put on "legal" tint says a lot of good things about you. :clap

Lol then what does it say about me since I have limo all around and am going to do the windshield at 35%... :huh

Oh and what's the fastest to get one's license back... :leaving

Guest UVETTYA

Lol then what does it say about me since I have limo all around and am going to do the windshield at 35%... :huh

You should be ok unless you run across a DPS officer with a small wanker. :lol

So now that time has gone by he now has an wanker? I think if you look that up you will find that a wanker is bigger. :yesnod:lol:lol

Here we go again. :smilelol