NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Eddie's Hot Rod Power Tour Trip (pics as promised)

Eddie44

This is the ?last C4?. It still has the plastic on the seats. Sorry for a bad shot but the GM Performance guys were all huddled around it. I don?t think most of them were out of college when it was built in 96.

DSC00470.jpg

Proof the old girl (Vette, not wife) was actually there.

DSC00479.jpg

Sorry, I thought the stop was at the Speedway but here it is. They had drag racing all afternoon. Alot of folks skipped MidAmerica and went straight to the drag strip.

DSC00486.jpg

One of GM Performance Divisions toys. Guy said it was a low 12 sec GTO. Sounded absolutely awesome! I didn?t see it run so I?m taking his word.

DSC00485.jpg

A little humor

DSC00488.jpg

I?ve never seen one of these. No, the pic isn?t backwards.

DSC00489.jpg

New addition to the back of my vert. I wanted Phil and Glenn to see the pic cause they?ll never see it in person.

DSC00490.jpg

One of the places we stopped today. Thought this was a great photo op.

DSC00492.jpg

The press pagoda on the main straight

DSC00496.jpg

The start/finish line

DSC00497.jpg

Ever wonder where all those SSR?s went?

DSC00500.jpg

Passing through Louisville and neither Kim or I realized Churchill was here until we saw signs.

DSC00503.jpg

We are in Nashville tonight. Staying at the Opryland where the Tour stopped.

Tomorrow we go back to Bowling Green for a plant tour and the NCM :thumbs:

Then its back to Phoenix :burnout:

New addition to the back of my vert. I wanted Phil and Glenn to see the pic cause they?ll never see it in person.

DSC00490.jpg

:party Well, made it home in one piece!

We left Bowling Green about 1pm on Wed after doing the plant tour and NCM. Drove to Little Rock, Ark and the next day drove to Albuquerque, NM. Drove in today from there.

Both Kim and I agree that it was a great adventure and suggest it to any of you that might be considering a long road trip like this. We did 5025 miles and 13 states in 11 days. The Vette performed flawlessly, not even a qt of oil.

New addition to the back of my vert.  I wanted Phil and Glenn to see the pic cause they?ll never see it in person.

DSC00490.jpg

LOL... Ill see it ... as I am going by you.... Besides ... you keep up just fine.... someone has to keep the cops off me an Phil.... and you are the only one with a badge.

Thats right, you need to stay close so you can flash the Bling Bling.

Maybe the Sticker will add some horespower. :thumbs: If it does not, it still looks cool.

Phil... :devil

This was one of the best stories. Everyone was laughing at him the first couple days. He stayed at our hotel one night and I got to talking to him. He's got about $8-10K in the motor and drivetrain. How do you spell "SLEEPER"?

I saw him run in the drag races at Indy. Couldn't see what the ET was but I can tell you he'd have beat the pants off most of us (other than Glenn & Dan) and he'd have kicked Dwayne's 14.99 in the azz! :rolf:rolf

5ufwit.jpg

Great pics Eddie, it was fun following along, well right up until you decided to rip my on my slow but.... :cuss

Just wait, one of these days.....or years, Yeah thats more like it. :burnout:

Guest XLR8TNC5

Thats so cool that you took the time to put this thread together for those of us who are chained to our desks, at home, work and school!

Thanks for the pics and the stories. Loved them!

And WELCOME BACK BTW!

(I know, Im late, but hey, I have been hibernating in UOP hell)

Tanya

(I know, Im late, but hey, I have been hibernating in UOP hell)

Tanya

I'm just glad to see that you finally posted with your signon & not Mark's. They are teaching you something at UOP! :smilelol: