NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Eddie's Hot Rod Power Tour Trip (pics as promised)

Eddie44

Well, we leave bright and early tomorrow for the Hot Rod Power Tour.

1st stop is my Mom's in Mankato, MN and then on to Kim's Dad's in Bloomer, WI

Sat we have to be in Milwaukee for registration and related festivities.

Sun we head to Springfield, IL

Mon we go from Springfield to Indianapolis, IN

Tues. is Indianapolis to Nashville.

Wed were going to backtrack to the NCM and the plant tour.

Thurs is westbound for Phx.

They estimate between 2500 and 4000 hot rods, street rods, performance and exotic cars. Mapquest says the trip will be approx 4800 miles so I'm guessing over 5K total.

Stay tuned, I'll be posting pics as we go. Any bets we'll still be married when this is over? :D

Desertdawg

Have a safe and fun trip Eddie :howdy:

And don't be like Bryan, Post some damn pictures !!!

Guest racingchester

Watch out for those Minnesota mosquitos. I saw 2 take a Buick into the woods then a big one took it away from them. A Vette aint that big!!!

We arrived in Minn in one piece. Just under 2000 mi in 2 days (22hrs driving). I'm on dial up here at my Mom's. Wow, what an antique. Not many pics to post yet. Someone forgot the charger for the digital camera battery so I'm conserving. Did get one of Kim drafting (about 25ft back) a semi at 85mph.

Didn't see a cop after NM, so we could do some spirited, let's get there driving. Whats with 65 and 70 mph speed limits here in the midwest? I know where the phrase "you drive like you're from Iowa" comes from.

We didn't see any guys in a red C3 that looked like Popeye headed the other way. We did see two truckloads of new C6's (1 coupes and 1 convertibles) headed w/b though. Anyone waiting on an order?

We'll be here until Fri morning and then head to N. Wisconsin. Supposed to be a beautiful drive up the Mississippi river. I'll take some pics along there.

See Ya all later!

Eddie

As of the time that you posted, "Popeye" was still sleeping in Henryetta Oklahoma.

See my post for more updates.

Glad to hear your trip was a lot less eventfull than mine.

Made it to Bloomer, WI and my Father-in-law's house. Uneventful drive from MN to WI about 3hrs. Got a tour of downtown Bloomer and I think we saw all 3500 residents. What a different life small town America is.

We're meeting up with another group from MN tomorrow morning in Eau Claire, WI for the cruise to Milwaukee. Don't really know any of them but there is a Power Tour Forum that I've been frequenting. Should be fun and maybe I can show them how we cruise in AZ :D :smilelol: :smilelol:

Got a few pics I'll try to post tomorrow night. I'll have to show you how a C5 pulls a trailer Bryan! :lol:

Should be fun and maybe I can show them how we cruise in AZ :D :smilelol: :smilelol:

YOU Can Do It.... :cone:

All Day Long :smilelol: :smilelol:

Have Fun...Phil... :devil

Made it to Milwaukee and Miller Park which is where we start. You guys would not believe!!! Take the Pavillions times 50! Some of the sweetest cars you'd ever want to see. Everything from New Vettes to AA Altereds and everything in between. There had to be every bit of 3000 cars in the parking lot.

Cruised in from Eau Claire with a group from Iowa. There was a C4, 70 Z28 and a 69 Chevelle. Just happened across them on the road and they managed to keep up with me (okay, I was behavin).

We just registered and headed to the hotel. We're meeting some friends for dinner and wanted to rest and cleanup a bit.

More tomorrow w/pics!

Desertdawg

Sounds like your have fun Eddie, looking forward to your updates... :thumbs:

Guest XLR8TNC5

Sounds like a great time. Thanks for the updates. I can't wait to see the pics!!!

Take care and drive safe.

Well we made it from Milwaukee to Springfield along with 3000 other vehicles.

Could not believe the whole scene. You'll see below, I had to take two pics to cover all the vehicles.

On our route there were people on overpasses and in parking lots waving and holding signs of good wishes. Pretty awesome!

JC Whitney hosted a lunch for 3000 cars and approx 5000 people.

I have to post several times to get all the photos in (see below)

EDIT: Sorry for the size on some of them!

Saw way too much of this the first two days (AZ to MN)

DSC00441.jpg

As promised this is the semi moving ?the hell? out of Kim?s way. This was right after I explained we wouldn?t fit under the trailer contrary to what she may have seen Chevy Chase do. Remember this was at 85mph (she's been riding with me too long :D ).

DSC00442.jpg

This one?s for you Bryan. Think that itty bitty thing you pulled on the trip was something!

DSC00444.jpg

This one?s for you Dan. This is what Midwesterners think a DeLorean looks like (check the plate).

DSC00445.jpg

Well we finally made it to Miller Park (Cheeseheads answer to BOB).

DSC00454.jpg

1st half of the parking lot

DSC00448.jpg

2nd half of the parking lot

DSC00447.jpg

Some of the GM Performance Team vehicles. They had Leno?s LS7 powered 66 Toronado here too but didn?t get a good shot yet.

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

One of the sweet car carriers here. Note the chopped cabover setup.

DSC00446.jpg

Lunch stop at JC Whitney

DSC00457.jpg

Saw three of these GM Racing Division trucks after lunch. Hope they?re taking the C6R?s to Indy for us to view. Or maybe a C6 Z06?

DSC00458.jpg

Arriving at the Illinois State Fair Grounds in Springfield.

DSC00461.jpg

We opted for a little culture / history after arriving and went to the new Abraham Lincoln Museum/Library rather than touring the grounds and viewing cars. We can do that in Indy tomorrow.

DSC00459.jpg

I have never seen a chopped top COE (Cab Over Engine) truck before. I have noticed the last 5-10 years that a lot of COE's are getting to be as customized as what they were bringing to the shows.

Cool pictures!! Make sure to go into the Speedway at Indy and do the museum and take the tour ride around the track.

Desertdawg

This is pretty ugly, was it the size of a PTcruiser, or more like a blazer???

I hope someone got smacked for making it look like that... :banghead

DSC00453.jpg

This is pretty ugly, was it the size of a PTcruiser, or more like a blazer???

I hope someone got smacked for making it look like that... :banghead

DSC00453.jpg

My wife first comment was "it looks like your sister's PT Cruiser". I hope that answers your question. I didn't get a very good shot but the one I like is the Trailblazer SS. It's slated to be introduced with the LS1 or maybe LS2 motors. My wife drives an Ford Escape now and I told her that would be her next SUV if rumors were true. Got more pics and I'll post them later tonight.

Latest pics

Here is leaving Illinois State Fair Grounds in Springfield. PD stopped traffic for 3000 vehs to exit in one string. State PD suck though. They were running radar on the way into town and the way out of town. No radar detector and NO I DIDN'T GET STOPPED!

DSC00463.jpg

Lunch stop was at MidAmerica. Who says there?s no such thing as a free lunch? I was a little disappointed in their public store. Kim reminded me they?re a mail order business.

DSC00464.jpg

Most of you know of this guy ?Savewave? from the CF. That?s his 65 big block and it is gorgeous!

DSC00473.jpg

A couple of the Vettes in MidAmerica?s Museum

DSC00468.jpg