NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Our latest dyno results

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

Well, Nic worked his magic today and we are now pushing 504 RWHP and 448 RWTorque. That makes it approx 580 HP and 515 Torque at the flywheel. It wasn't the numbers we were hoping for, but with the ported heads it should push us over the 600 HP at the flywheel mark. We're not suffering too badly with these numbers! :lol Also, the car drives much better now than when it was stock. The clutch is less picky and she pulls much smoother. As mentioned before, the Procharger is definetly a go for next year. That is if Mike has the time to put it on and when we can part with the Z for at least 5 weeks. Remember, we have to send the block to Katech to be bullit-proofed before we can think of putting any forced induction on that motor.

I am so computer illiterate that I can not figure out how to post the dyno sheet! It was sent to me via email, but it is not on jpg etc... and photobucket does not recognize it. :bang:crazy

So, if you really want to see it, please tell me how to do it and I'll post it.

Thanks again to Dr. Mike and the guys at AZPS and of course....Nic, the genius GM tuner! :thumbs

What more could you ask for.... more HP and care behaves better. Sounds like a win win :thumbs

*nice* :)

Yanno .. natural aspirated means yer at the mercy of Density Altitude for makin HP . . some days are gonna 'feel' a lot better than others

-evil grin-

..and if you drive near the ocean on a cool mornin .. them back tires are gonna be downright slippery :)

-Frank (I'm talkin sideways onto the freeway at less than half throttle .. yanno?)

Guest UVETTYA

Nice numbers!

You guys have fun but please be careful! It's real easy for that much HP to get away from you.

Hey elizabeth if its the same guy who dyno'd mine and your still trying to open your dyno sheet go to "dynojet.com" and download the program they have then its just a matter of transfering some info from your emails. Hope this helps...... jack :thumbs

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I will vouch for this one... its one of the fastest N/A vettes ive ever driven :)

Its also the main cause of depression and me ordering a 427 for my car ;)

dyno it when it gets cold in the winter and a mysterious 10-15 horsepower will appear! the more dense air makes a HUGE difference in big cube engines

Nice numbers for sure. I'm thinking a Pro Charger is in order to give you that little more "punch" when you mat the gas. OMG!! :devil Oh, and my offer still stands for driving your car for you while you may not be able to take it out for a cruise. You know how much carbon can build up by just having the motor sit there doing nothing...right? LOL. :burnout

BTW: Photobucket should be able to upload and post a .jpg. Email me the file Elizabeth you want to post and I'll do it for you or...send it over to Sherry for practice. :lol

Robert and Elizabeth
Nice numbers for sure. I'm thinking a Pro Charger is in order to give you that little more "punch" when you mat the gas. OMG!! :devil Oh, and my offer still stands for driving your car for you while you may not be able to take it out for a cruise. You know how much carbon can build up by just having the motor sit there doing nothing...right? LOL. :burnout

BTW: Photobucket should be able to upload and post a .jpg. Email me the file Elizabeth you want to post and I'll do it for you or...send it over to Sherry for practice. :lol

Tom, I'll email you the dyno results and maybe you can get them posted for everyone. I just don't have the energy right now to do it or even figure it out. I just got home this afternoon from my surgery that was on Wednesday. E~

Guest UVETTYA

Hey Elizabeth, hope you're doing ok after surgery. We missed you yesterday at the BBQ and we have you in our prayers!

Steve and Marylou

Robert and Elizabeth

Thanks everyone for your prayers and get well wishes. Some of you may not know, but I underwent gastric bypass on Wednesday at Banner Mesa. I am doing well, and am trying to stop the pain meds (I don't like the way they make me feel). It was a laproscopic procedure, so I have seven (yes, seven) stabs to my abdomen. Two of the stabs were for the drains (that came out yesterday). Mike at AZPS said I will take 1/10th off my 1/4 mile time if I loose 100lbs! :yesnod I'm now on my way!! :devil E~

Hope you're back behind the wheel of the Z before long E.

Good luck on the progress. My Sister had the surgery and has lost about 130 lbs, my Niece had it about a year ago and is over 100 lbs and her husband had it in Dec and is down 80 lbs. They all swear by it.

Guest Kens06

Best Wishes on your recovery!!

If you have the .drf files they e-mailed you, send them to me and I'll post it up from a screen shot!!

Nice numbers!! There comes a point where dyno numbers are just that, numbers to brag about because you can't put much to the ground without blowing the tires off!!

Anyway here's a Dynojet drf screen shot!

Ken

Here are the runs from Elizabeth and Robert's Z0 on the dyno. The last one is the difference between run #1 and #7. I should have saved them with max HP, but the numbers are as folows on the first run was 447.88HP and run 7 was 501.35HP

Run1.jpg

Run2.jpg

Run3.jpg

Run4.jpg

Run5.jpg

Run6.jpg

Run7.jpg

Run1comparetoRun7.jpg

Robert and Elizabeth

Thanks Tom for posting these for us!!! :thumbs

The best numbers we saw after the dyno was actually 504HP and 448 Torque. Need to hang onto every last HP and Torque we can get our hands on!!

Robert and Elizabeth
Nice numbers. :thumbs

Now lets see that baby on the track. :lol

We will take her to the track when we are completely done with upgrades...maybe. We might let Mike at AZPS take her down instead of us because we have no track experience and we don't want to put her into the wall. He has a lot more experience taking cars like this down the track with good results. :thumbs

Robert and Elizabeth
Hope you're back behind the wheel of the Z before long E.

Good luck on the progress. My Sister had the surgery and has lost about 130 lbs, my Niece had it about a year ago and is over 100 lbs and her husband had it in Dec and is down 80 lbs. They all swear by it.

Thanks Eddie!! :howdy

My best friend Shonna had it done in November and has lost over 60lbs. She has been my mentor through all the hoops one has to jump through to be approved (insurance wise) and what to expect afterwards (recovery wise).

Keep the success stories coming! :thumbs:clap

Elizabeth, Hope all goes well for ya. We will be thinking about you and wishing the best for you. :thumbs:thumbs

Mike and Sue

:thumbs Have a speedy recovery E! :thumbs

And wow, great numbers/pulls! With some stickies thrown on, man, that thing should fly. :yesnod

Oh, btw....if Mike somehow is umm, ...lets say "unavoidably detained" (plausible deniability :lol ) or otherwise "tied up", I would be more than willing to make some passes in your Z. :devil

In another thread I was addressing fund raising.

Race the Z Raffle

Maybe we could raffle chances to take their Z down the quarter mile. What do you think Elizabeth? :lol:lol

EDIT: before you all take your shots, I'll promise not to buy a ticket Elizabeth honest! :xfinger

I'm in! Better check with your insurance company on your policy...LOL.