Traffic School

ICULUKN

I think the reason he went by me and decided to go for a black one is because RED ones are Cool. Don't you think? :toetap

Why did I know that was coming?????

I talked to the DPS officer that got you guys last year, he said we were being talked about on the radio, the DPS in Yuma was calling east to warn them we were coming.

The officer here said he figured it was us, and he decided to stay south looking for the drug runners coming up from mexico. I bet the guy that caught Glenn was listening in...

I haven't talked to the other person that got nailed that day, maybe I'll give him a call tomorrow to see how it's going for him...

Hi everyone--- Yeah.... Nice ticket---- "Criminal Excessive Speed" Looks like I am a bad guy now :eek !! Court on 4/19 & we'll see if I get to keep my drivers license :bang --

Man-- This is worse than my 1st grade report card- "Mark doesn't play well with others"-- now I'm a criminal-- Can't wait to see what the state banking dept does to my banking license over this..... I forgot to consider that during the 3 seconds the pedal was to the floor :banghead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Desertdawg

• ICULUKN

• Bigfoot

Hi everyone--- Yeah.... Nice ticket---- "Criminal Excessive Speed" Looks like I am a bad guy now :eek !! Court on 4/19 & we'll see if I get to keep my drivers license :bang --

Man-- This is worse than my 1st grade report card- "Mark doesn't play well with others"-- now I'm a criminal-- Can't wait to see what the state banking dept does to my banking license over this..... I forgot to consider that during the 3 seconds the pedal was to the floor :banghead

Ouch. :(

Good luck tommorow. :xfinger

Mark321 is there a "+" next to the recorded speed?

If so ..... I have been told that is secret code for the Cop to tell the judge "this guy is ok" via paperwork.

with Criminal Excessive Speed the you can take a traffic class "with the Judges approval" (thats the way it was for me up by Kingman)

That "+" is the way of the cop telling the judge "He was nice and cut him a break"

..or pay for a lawyer.

Either way good luck, Criminal Excessive Speed is no joke.

If so ..... I have been told that is secret code for the Cop to tell the judge "this guy is ok" via paperwork.

with Criminal Excessive Speed the you can take a traffic class "with the Judges approval" (thats the way it was for me up by Kingman)

That "+" is the way of the cop telling the judge "He was nice and cut him a break"

..or pay for a lawyer.

Things may have changed in the last 12 yrs but a + next to the speed always meant thats what I can prove your honor but I honestly believe he was doing considerably more. For the most part we weren't using radar so that may have changed especially with DPS.

Things may have changed in the last 12 yrs but a + next to the speed always meant thats what I can prove your honor but I honestly believe he was doing considerably more. For the most part we weren't using radar so that may have changed especially with DPS.

You may be totally correct, eddie. I was leery too when the person told me.

..or pay for a lawyer.

Luckily my record for the past 5 yrs is clean.... Honda's cant get you in that kind of trouble :yesnod The traffic atty I spoke with said i dont stand a chance (thats reassuring) I suppose I can walk for 3 months.

:howdy Hey Mark, I'm sure alot of people here on this ACE site will give you a ride if needed :yesnod Good luck to you :angel

Well Mark I see you're signed in here so that means the judge didn't throw you in jail and the wife doesn't have you scrubbing floors. :lol

How did it go? :toetap

Well Mark I see you're signed in here so that means the judge didn't throw you in jail and the wife doesn't have you scrubbing floors. :lol

How did it go? :toetap

Hi Eddie

As I suspected.... if you want to have a discussion with a DA, you must enter a plea of NG. A Pre-trial date of 5/25 has now been set :bang . My guess is, if no plea is reached, they will set a 3rd date for trial... seems inefficient :crazy , but I'm in no position to argue :toetap

I was told by the judge if I pled guilty, the fine would be $300 and 30 days in jail--- with jail time suspended :leaving guess I'll enter NG

Meanwhile...back home-----No scrubbing, but so far, I've heard all the standard lines----

You drive too fast---

I told you that would happen---

Thats what you get---

I never liked that car, It's too loud & it makes me dizzy---

and MY personal favorite----->>> When do I get my pool???

Man.... I cant wait to get back to court-- they keep it pretty quiet in there :cheers

Mark, maybe the 30 days in Yuma Territorial might be a good thought. :smilelol Last time I was there it was deadly quiet. :lol:cheers:lol

Mark, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Maybe you can get some of the dates delayed a few years. But then theres no telling what your wife will want with time to think about it.

:leaving

I never liked that car, It's too loud & it makes me dizzy---

that one makes me giggle-

The delays can be a mixed blessing that's for sure. We'll keep our fingers crossed for a less dramatic outcome.

M~

I have been following this thread for a while as I am in a similar situation. I was hoping to see an outcome by now, so I know kind of what to expect. I hired an attorney and he put in a plea of not-guilty as thats the only way to cut a deal. I agree its a waste of time in this situation, as I did the crime and just want to get a decent deal, but I have no choice but to plead not-guilty. I dont know what your violations are but mine are as follows: Reckless driving (criminal), Excessive speed (criminal),Driving over gore area (civil)I honestly don't think I did that as I have a pet peave about that, but who knows it all happened so fast, Unsafe lane change (civil), and lastly Following too closely (civil). The sad part is that I was just screwing around with my wife (she instigated it). Not only did she beat me, but she got away with out getting pulled over (thank god). Keep us posted on the goings on. And good luck.......to you and me both. One good thing though, my wife can't and didn't get mad at me as it was really all her fault! And she drives a 'vette so no *itching about my car either. Plus she was all tears when she picked me up from the jail, if I wasn't so down about my crappy day I would've and should've taken advantage of all that guilt! Wow, just got a call from my attorneys office while writing this post. My court date was changed to a pre-trial conference on 06-07-07 @ 2:30 P.M. Thats cool as my original date was thurs. 04-26-07. Wish me luck! & the same to you.

Wow, sorry to hear that Joe! Just the other day I had to back off as my wife and I were racing home, she started it...and then blew my doors off as I backed down around 60 thinking, man...if we both get popped.... :eek Anyway, we'll be taking it to the track next time. :devil

I do wish you luck. Mark too. :2cents

Final Effort
well traffic school sucked...

got out a hair early... Teacher was good about it...

Couple of guys wanted to ask a bunch of questions....

Did learn something about redlight cameras... did you know they only check the intersection from one direction???

Two guys at work went in the last six weeks. The teacher spent half the time telling them how to beat the system. LOL

I have been following this thread for a while as I am in a similar situation. I was hoping to see an outcome by now, so I know kind of what to expect. I hired an attorney and he put in a plea of not-guilty as thats the only way to cut a deal. I agree its a waste of time in this situation, as I did the crime and just want to get a decent deal, but I have no choice but to plead not-guilty. I dont know what your violations are but mine are as follows: Reckless driving (criminal), Excessive speed (criminal),Driving over gore area (civil)I honestly don't think I did that as I have a pet peave about that, but who knows it all happened so fast, Unsafe lane change (civil), and lastly Following too closely (civil). The sad part is that I was just screwing around with my wife (she instigated it). Not only did she beat me, but she got away with out getting pulled over (thank god). Keep us posted on the goings on. And good luck.......to you and me both. One good thing though, my wife can't and didn't get mad at me as it was really all her fault! And she drives a 'vette so no *itching about my car either. Plus she was all tears when she picked me up from the jail, if I wasn't so down about my crappy day I would've and should've taken advantage of all that guilt! Wow, just got a call from my attorneys office while writing this post. My court date was changed to a pre-trial conference on 06-07-07 @ 2:30 P.M. Thats cool as my original date was thurs. 04-26-07. Wish me luck! & the same to you.

WOW JOE---- that cop must of had writers cramp when he was done with you!!!

The last time I was in that much trouble, our varsity football team pushed the head coaches beater F150 into the pond behind our high school---

we thought it was fun :smilelol , but none of the cops were laughing :toetap

My pre-trial date is 5/25 so I'll let you know how poorly it goes

Wow Joe! Just curious, was that DPS or a local agency? Pretty much chicken poop considering the situation.

So it's Cops 3, ACE 0

I sure hope you guys don't get a hanging judge, please keep us posted, and if there's anything we can do to help just ask!!!

I know I'm going to drive a little slower now, and not just because Jammye is yelling at me!

Well, I guess I could always dream of having a set like yours........ :eek

raisins.JPG

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol