NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

[F/S guaging interest] my '99 with 408 and ZEX wet kit

Togo

Two more cents here. I will never sell my C3 (like some people) only because I like it alot even though its only a lowly CFI and bastard child of the vettes along with I would take a serious hit in the shorts if I were to sell it with all the money spent...and its still not painted and I'm doing that myself as well.

I have had that car for about 13 years and have had a ton of fun in it and I know my kids have a lot of good childhood memories from that car. On the flip side, I think I talked the wife into another vette, the 03 Z06 that I want. The only hitch is I have to go to work...Damnit, thats a four letter word. :yesnod If I pick up another vette, the only way I'll be parting with any of them is when I'm pushing up daisy's and the kids will have to fight over who gets what.

I've only seen your car once or twice and have no idea how much work/attention your ride needs, but if you can't afford it, sell it and get something else. I wouldn't think that cash is the issue, since you still have yours and you may want to buy Scratchs as well. Since cash doesn't seem to be the issue really, then fix the damn thing and just drive it. Chad is right, create a plan, figure out what the priority is and go for it. I don't know how much of a PITA it is to replace a clutch in a C5, but I'm sure that can be done with help and an ACE workshop. At that point, all you will have invested is parts and not the $80+ phr shop bill. If you need some welding done on something, I can do that if needed.

One more thing, if your paying too much for insurance a month, either your company is too high or your driving record sux. So it must be your comany, since you don't drive the vette...Doh! j/k

Have fun, enjoy and just drive the car...ya know you wanna! :thumbs

Two more cents here. I will never sell my C3 (like some people)

Yeah Yeah Yeah, rub it in. :devil

I had no garage, and not enough money for two vettes. :toetap

I got bummed about the mileage my '67 Hemi GTX 4-gear car was gettin .. so I traded it in after 3 months of cruisin Central (only drove it on weekends, worked out of town on Survey crew ..just couldn't *justify* the tune-ups, washin-waxin, all the FUN I had on Friday-Saturday nites.. LOL.

That was when I was 19 and incredibly stupid.

I still to this day kick myself for doin that.

You can talk yourself out of or into anything.

Like others here have said tho .. does it make you smile when you drive it?

If your step gets lighter when you walk up to it, and it makes you smile .. it will be a mistake to sell it.

To heck with 'depreciation' .. cars last as long as we are willin to take care of them .. and if ya like what ya drive .. why get rid of it unless its for somethin that makes you smile even wider?

Just my 2 copper.

-Frank (can just imagine tradin a C-5 in for a Civic .. *NOT* :)

I got bummed about the mileage my '67 Hemi GTX 4-gear car was gettin .. so I traded it in after 3 months of cruisin Central (only drove it on weekends, worked out of town on Survey crew ..just couldn't *justify* the tune-ups, washin-waxin, all the FUN I had on Friday-Saturday nites.. LOL.

That was when I was 19 and incredibly stupid.

I still to this day kick myself for doin that.

You can talk yourself out of or into anything.

Like others here have said tho .. does it make you smile when you drive it?

If your step gets lighter when you walk up to it, and it makes you smile .. it will be a mistake to sell it.

To heck with 'depreciation' .. cars last as long as we are willin to take care of them .. and if ya like what ya drive .. why get rid of it unless its for somethin that makes you smile even wider?

Just my 2 copper.

-Frank (can just imagine tradin a C-5 in for a Civic .. *NOT* :)

it does make me step lighter when walking up to it, and after driving to and from the gym yesterday, my legs were shaking and my heart was racing (and that was not caused by my workout!)

high_intrest

Chris,

I know exacltly what you are going through. Seeing that I have done this many times I can relate. It is easy to decide if you look at it this way:

(1)Do you really need the money that the car will bring?

(2)Are you going to be upset with yourself after selling?

(3)Is it not worth spending the money on the car to get it the way you want it?

If you answer yes to any of these then I would say sell. I miss this car but I would never want to buy it knowing the owner felt the way I did when I shipped it to you. I really needed the money when I sold it to you or it would have never been sold. If you still have a deep pasion for the car and don't need the money then keep it. When your heart is no longer in it I will be ready to buy it back.

Chris,

I know exacltly what you are going through. Seeing that I have done this many times I can relate. It is easy to decide if you look at it this way:

(1)Do you really need the money that the car will bring?

(2)Are you going to be upset with yourself after selling?

(3)Is it not worth spending the money on the car to get it the way you want it?

If you answer yes to any of these then I would say sell. I miss this car but I would never want to buy it knowing the owner felt the way I did when I shipped it to you. I really needed the money when I sold it to you or it would have never been sold. If you still have a deep pasion for the car and don't need the money then keep it. When your heart is no longer in it I will be ready to buy it back.

Boy Chirs, you really stirred the pot with this one. :lolHigh Interest has been a member since November and this is his first post. :thumbs

BTW, glad it looks like you're keeping her. :thumbs

Whoa! Even the out-of-state ex-owners are commenting on this one. Damn...you better keep it now Chris. :chris