NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Fatel crash - Viper demolished

Kameron

The video said the motor ended up on the road. The front of the car is under the trailer and the rest is on the road way in pieces. The body looked to be laying in front of the trailer covered under a white sheet.

Wonder how fast this person was going...

:eek If we were honest most of us know that but for the grace of god it could have happened to us at one time or another. It's tradgedies like this that hopefully keep us all sane :angelsad:angelsad

Guest UVETTYA

Very odd crash. Lots of stuff on the road and the Viper is wedged under the trailer. No other vehicles involved. I wonder what happened? :huh

Guest 1FASTC4
Very odd crash. Lots of stuff on the road and the Viper is wedged under the trailer. No other vehicles involved. I wonder what happened? :huh

Ohhh. Awful stuff. If it were up in my neck of the woods, it would be likely that some Sun City driver pulled out in front of him and caused him to swerve. After the accident, the Sun City driver would continue on, oblivious to the conflagration he just caused.

The viper driver was probably just doing some "spirited driving" and like Eddie said... there but for the grace of God, goes one of us.

I've investigated a few of these and I'd say two things happened.

1) by the extent of damage I would say his speed was unreasonable and definitely imprudent (to quote the AZ law)

2) because he hit a semi trailer parked along side the road I'd bet there was alcohol involved.

It may be possible someone pulled out in front of him, he avoided and not having time to brake. Said it happened at 5:00am, he may not have seen the trailer...either way, tragic :angelsad

older vipers didnt come with ABS or traction control. That had to be a scary ride. C5 would have been better off with the extra safety equipment.

1:00 AM to 6:00 AM are the golden hours for drunks on the road. I'm with Eddie on this and I would suspect alcohol played a factor.

1:00 AM to 6:00 AM are the golden hours for drunks on the road. I'm with Eddie on this and I would suspect alcohol played a factor.

:agree

I had an '87 IROC-Z Camaro. The dude I sold it to put it sideways into a telephone pole at 130mph in Wichita KS. When I heard about it I said, "Either something in the suspension broke or he was drunk. I had that car at that speed on that exact same road and you could drive it with one finger." That's how steady that car was.

Two weeks later his autopsy was released...he BAC was .220!!!! Coronor said he could smell the alcohol when he cut him open.

The accident...if that's what you want to call it...cut the car in half at the passenger door. The passenger seat was in the drivers seat and he went through the T-Top with no seat belt on (not that it mattered).

I'll have to see if I can dig the pics out as a gruesome reminder what drinking and driving can do.

Very sad indeed as this guy was leaving his bachelor's party...so much for good friends who said "he was OK" and let him drink and drive his way into a grave. :angelsad

Man that is terrible. I worry going to work at 4:00 but what can you do....

Andrew

Robert and Elizabeth

I would have to agree with Eddie on this one too. High speed and ETOH do not agree with each other. I have seen plenty come through the ER/OR and then to me in ICU in my time.

One other consideration could be suicide...going out with a big bang, literally.

Still tragic :angelsad

Robert and Elizabeth

Hey Eddie, you got connections for finding out info about this???

I'll see what I can find out. If it was DPS I won't have any problem but if it was Maricopa County that investigated it might be a different story.

Waste of a life and a nice car :(

I got no idea why people consume mass quantities and then try to be a road king. . been proven over and over that ETOH destroys reaction times, judgement, .. basically all the things you need to drive a car, much less a performance car.

When I was younger, I useda hate fightin someone that was drunk.

You really have to put em down hard to make em lay off ya :(

They never really had any idea how outmatched they were.

-Frank

Robert and Elizabeth

I'll see what I can find out. If it was DPS I won't have any problem but if it was Maricopa County that investigated it might be a different story.

What ever you can find out would be appreciated. I am sure we all would like to know what happened.

What ever you can find out would be appreciated. I am sure we all would like to know what happened.

Sure would have been nice to see that yellar Z on the trip today. :howdy

Robert and Elizabeth

Thanks Mike, but we were busy having Mike at AZPS put on our headers and full exhaust this afternoon. She is definitely over 600HP at the motor. Mike estimates 540HP to the wheels right now, but we haven't had her dyno'd yet. The ported heads will probably be here and installed before we get the dyno/tune done. The car moves pretty good now, still could use a little more oomph though. :lol:lol BTW, the tires are still holding up to the increased HP.

We are already getting prices for a forged block and an ATI Procharger from Mike for next year maybe.... :crazy Mike just starts talking all this stuff we could do to the car and Robert starts foaming at the mouth and gets this sick look in his eyes and I swear it looks like he has Rabies or something. Thought I might have needed to take him to emergency for a Rabies shot or something today! :lol:lol

Thanks Mike, but we were busy having Mike at AZPS put on our headers and full exhaust this afternoon. She is definitely over 600HP at the motor. Mike estimates 540HP to the wheels right now, but we haven't had her dyno'd yet. The ported heads will probably be here and installed before we get the dyno/tune done. The car moves pretty good now, still could use a little more oomph though. :lol:lol

We are already getting prices for a forged block and an ATI Procharger from Mike for next year maybe.... :crazy

Wow that HP bug has bitten pretty hard :eek , are you going to stay with a 427 when getting the forged block with the Procharger?

Congrats on the recently added HorsePower.

Phil... :devil

Forged block? OMG, can I have your old/new motor? LOL I was going to replace my crank and go from a 383 to a 396, but I'd have to replace the pistons again to a shorter one and said screw it. Not too many 396ci crossfires out there though. :D

Also, I saw Drew at the Pavillions tonight as he pulled in and missed him again...Darn.

Guest UVETTYA

Robert, you are a MADMAN! Let me shake your hand! :lol And Elizabeth, you are definitely a keeper for being behind your man's ambitions for your Z.

Geeze, you guys, that thing's going to be a monster! :thumbs