Friday Night Car Shows beginning 4/6 6-9pm Chandler

VetteTax

Just passing on news per the San Tan Sun News 3/17-4/6

"Get into gear for the East Valley's coolest car show. Check out the wheels, from classic oldies to smoking 'vettes and everything in between, or bring your cool car and put it on display. Every Friday from 6-9pm at Fulton Ranch Towne Center. It's FREE and fun for the whole family. The Friday Night Car Shows are presented by West USA Revelation."

FultonRanchShopping.com

Dan C

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buccaneer

• Grayeagle

• Eddie44

• VetteTax

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. Here's a good one...I went out with the car tonight and went to the Friday cruise-in car show down the street in Gilbert on Warner. Low and behold there was a nice 84 crossfire there and I talked to the owner of the last nine years of the car. Nice guy, but didn't know much about a CFI car. Now here's the kicker, I was telling him a bit about my car since he heard me come in and wanted to know why my car was idling so odd. :) Anyway, he asked if I knew how to make more HP...Mmmm, no how? disconnect the computer for a while and reconnect it. HUH? I asked how does that make more HP? His reply was it resets the computer. WOW! What a good tip for a crossfire. I guess I need to do that more often, no telling how much more HP I will gain over time. LMAO... :smilelol Well, I guess he ment well, he just doesn't know a thing about crossfires or computers.

hmm .. crossfire horsepower ..

Somethin I seem to remember about replacin the stock intake manifold because it was so restricted .. nowadays Lingenfelter and some others make very nice intakes that 'wake-up' the crossfire motors jest fine.. or so I hear.

-Frank an Kathy

right next to my house...

Well then I'll just have to take a Vacation day for that trip! :lol

I dunno, that sounds like an invite for a massive ACE afterparty and sleepover.... :lol

M~

I dunno, that sounds like an invite for a massive ACE afterparty and sleepover.... :lol

M~

Yeah, but you guys snore! :lol

LOL...I'm not going to bother changing my manifold, I now have the secret for more HP for my CFI, I've unplugged my ECM 20 times last night, so I should be up to 350HP by now or more. :D What a neat idea and a cheap way to make HP. Maybe you C5 guys should try it.

I didn't know you lived that close, Phil is just down the street as well. When are you Evil C5 guys going to go over there? If you've gone a fair amount to that show you may have seen my neighbor there, he is the guy with the pristine red with white strips 66 350GT Stang that goes there a lot because its close.

LOL...I'm not going to bother changing my manifold, I now have the secret for more HP for my CFI, I've unplugged my ECM 20 times last night, so I should be up to 350HP by now or more. :D What a neat idea and a cheap way to make HP. Maybe you C5 guys should try it.

I didn't know you lived that close, Phil is just down the street as well. When are you Evil C5 guys going to go over there? If you've gone a fair amount to that show you may have seen my neighbor there, he is the guy with the pristine red with white strips 66 350GT Stang that goes there a lot because its close.

Naw...all I had to do was disonnect the battery a few times and stop that damn lean condition. :lol:thumbs

"Just passing on news per the San Tan Sun News 3/17-4/6

"Get into gear for the East Valley's coolest car show. Check out the wheels, from classic oldies to smoking 'vettes and everything in between, or bring your cool car and put it on display. Every Friday from 6-9pm at Fulton Ranch Towne Center. It's FREE and fun for the whole family. The Friday Night Car Shows are presented by West USA Revelation."

FultonRanchShopping.com

Dan C"

Gotta check this out since it is next door. Hope to see you there! :bang

So this is in 2 weeks, we should have it posted in the events section :toetap

How about the Saturday lunch crowd making this the end point?

Plus I haven't been to the pavilions in 2 years (don't ask), so this would be a great place to go to instead. :thumbs

umm ..

http://www.x-ram.com/xramdesign.html

I just read up on stuff here an there .. yanno?

Scroll down to the pictures of the intake runners on 'stock' intake vs what these guys at X-ram do

-evil grin-

.. I remembered them from when I was still shoppin for a Vette, saw a verra nice red coupe with original crossram down at CnV and was researchin what it would take to 'wake it up' a bit.

-Frank

So this is in 2 weeks, we should have it posted in the events section :toetap

Done...... :P

Andrew

Well I did a Google search to find out where fulton town center was and it looks like its about 7 mles away, so I guess I may go there on the 4th when it starts. cross streets are Ocotillo and Arizona Ave.

Frank, I'm running the X-Ram manifold and have the latest version top plates V4 and it runs well. However, that manifold on a bone stock crossfire is not a good choice and will actually run worse/slower on the bottom end. It does make a big difference on the bigger cube motors like mine though vs a stock manifold. :D The X-Ram manifold is just a Weiand Excelerator manifold modified with custom top plates.

Pat at X-Ram trys to get top dollar on everyting he sells and a lot of CFI guys have shunned him for it, oh well, thats busness I guess, at least for some.

BTW: Is anyone out there running the ARP Perma-Locs? If so, chime in please with your thoughts or experience with them. My poly locks have come loose again and I'm getting tired of it and looks like I'm going to the ARP locks.

-grin-

Thanks Obi-Wans (aka Buccaneer an Desert Dawg).. I am an empty vessel waiting to be filled by your wisdom! .. er .. or somethin lak dat.

-Frank ( only put together about a hundred or so small block chebbies back in late 70's - 80's .. werkin at Performance Associates, Victorville, CA ..dint really mess with X-fire or hydrastic roller cams .. fastest small block I put together (also werked as pit crew on it, turned down offer to drive it) was a lil 327, block filled with plaster-of-paris, heads filled with brass, ported to the moon, .700" lift roller, put in the old-school 'Tom and Jerry' ex-top fuel slingshot dragster to run B-Econo Dragster .. 9.30's in the 1/4 every day all day long on a single 850 Holly carb)

Keep in mind gang, these are FRIDAY EVENING events, and start on FRIDAY APRIL the 6th

Friday evenins when I am off I will try an make the run over .. been a *long* time since I cruised Central .. er . . parked in Library parkin lot mostly at Central an McDowell :)

-Frank an Kathy

Friday evenins when I am off I will try an make the run over .. been a *long* time since I cruised Central .. er . . parked in Library parkin lot mostly at Central an McDowell :)

-Frank an Kathy

Got my first ticket at Central and Alvarado. The cop cited me for not making a left turn signal. Talk about chicken poop!

M~

Yeah, but you guys snore! :lol

Hey, who told!?!?

I spose we'll wander over one evening when we're not doing the early Sat shift....

M~

• 2 weeks later...