San Diego Cruise and BBQ

BSeery

Here is a letter that I got in the mail:

SDC1.jpg

SDC2.jpg

Who all is interested in going?

Post here to let us know if you will be going.

Looks like fun! Will have to see if I get my corvette in working order by then....

We're always up for a trip to San Diego. Maybe we can combine Doc's annual pilgrimmage with this one. I'll have to check the calendar as it gets closer.

Desertdawg

Has anyone heard from Doc yet, I have sent several emails asking him about the yearly SD cruise.

Looks like this might be fun, I'll need to see when my camping trip to the mountains is though...

SWEET! i'd love to participate!

obviously this will be an overnighter right?

what i would also lbe really really cool is get to have exclusive corvette parking at the corvette cafe in downtown san diego - that would be the absolute best! and get tables reserved so we have a place to park AND to sit for a meal and some BS! cuz we all know we're full of it! :burnout:

Guest racingchester

Where is the Corvette Cafe in San Diego? Im going to be over there on Sunday and Monday.

i've drafted an email to send to the management company to see if they can help me with my "vision"

I'd like to preface with a brief introduction

I am a member of A.C.E. (Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts)

We are a small/medium corvette "club" with just around 150 members that enjoys gathering for "food, folks, and fun" and that fun usually involves a LONG drive always with a food related destination!

It looks like we will be making a cruise to san diego in mid august.Ā  And since my first visit, I have had a vision of your parking lot being filled with NOTHING but corvettes, and wondered if I could enlist the help of your staff with my vision.

we will be driving our corvettes to the San Diego area during the weekend of August 13th and 14th, and their is a strong possibility of meeting up with several other corvete enthusiasts from the L.A. and/or San Diego area.

What I am wondering is if it would be possible toĀ  get your parking lot reserved for "corvette only" parking. for our gathering.

I have been to your establishment once a few years ago and from what I remember, your parking lot is not very big, and several guys in our group don't like to wander too far away from their garage kept immaculately maintained corvettes.

Some posts have been removed. They had jumped to another topic and basically were now a dead issue. I have cleaned those out to keep this topic on track.

3,503 lbs of trouble
i will try the draft again, but would like to know seriously how many people would be attending - i mean come on, it's almost 3 months away, think we can get days off requested and firm committments from anybody with that kind of lead time?

• 3 weeks later...

are we still planning on going here?

i am assuming a stay overnight will be in order - where will we stay?

are we still planning on going here?

i am assuming a stay overnight will be in order - where will we stay?

Desertdawg

What wedding...I don't see any invitations yet :toetap

I was all worked up about going to SD this year, and they move the summer run to August. :cuss But Glenn saves the day..errr..weekend again.... :drinkers

you all realize this is the day of my wedding right.. :drinkers

San Diego would be a great place to get married! :D

Invites are going out soon. Tradition is 6 weeks before, we are still 8 weeks out. Wedding is in Vegas.

Invites are going out soon. Tradition is 6 weeks before, we are still 8 weeks out. Wedding is in Vegas.